Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: Maps Made Quick Contest!
Maps Made Quick Contest!
Jun 22 2013, 9:15 pm
By: lil-Inferno  

Jun 22 2013, 9:15 pm lil-Inferno Post #1

Just here for the pie

ONE HOUR MAP-MAKING CONTEST
INFORMATION
  • Contest will begin in the USEast channel "donuts" once people show up.
  • No signups - show up in channel donuts and map for 1 hour with the rest of us.
  • Maps must be started afresh at that time.
  • Terrain and triggers cannot be copied from another map.
  • 1 hour maps will be attached in here at the end.
  • Bring your lawn chairs.

PARAMETERS
  • Time constraints: One hour
  • Map size: Any
  • Tileset: Any
  • Genre: Any
  • Theme: To be decided (maybe)
  • Time: To be decided
  • Reward: Glory, women (or men if that's your thing), praise
  • Judging: None (maybe)

Post has been edited 5 time(s), last time on Jun 22 2013, 11:20 pm by lil-Inferno.

Jun 22 2013, 9:15 pm Dem0n Post #2

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I'm in!

Jun 22 2013, 9:21 pm Azrael Post #3

Me too xD

Jun 22 2013, 11:22 pm Pr0nogo Post #4

LOL XD

:wob: :wob: :wob:

Jun 22 2013, 11:40 pm Roy Post #5

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Has the start time been decided on this?

Jun 22 2013, 11:45 pm lil-Inferno Post #6

Just here for the pie

Quote from Roy
Has the start time been decided on this?
It's pretty much whenever all of the participants are back. Should be some time soon.

Jun 23 2013, 2:27 am Oh_Man Post #7

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

dem0nslayer's map for the win.

Jun 23 2013, 5:14 pm lil-Inferno Post #8

Just here for the pie

We had 8 submissions in total, which is actually more than any other one hour map contest before this one. All of them are available for download here: link

Here are brief descriptions of each map:

Kill Them All
Author: Azrael

Everyone starts with a Defiler, and you use dark swarm to teleport and plague to kill. Not much else to it, but the simple gameplay is intuitive and fun. Made in 5 minutes.

Stomp The Fundies
Author: Dem0n

Defend atheism and science by destroying all the fundie oppressionists using four atheistic heroes (Carl Sagan, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Richard Dawkins, and Bill Nye), and prevail by defeating notable SEN fundies in a boss fight and the final boss, Pope Francis. Win by burning down the church. Plays like a hack and slash RPG but without the RPG.

Creep Shots
Author: lil-Inferno

A silly experimental map. You are a creep with a camera, and you score points by taking pictures of small children and young adults. Taking pictures of old people causes you to lose points. If people are near you when you take the picture you will gain notoriety, which will cause the police to come after you. If you die you lose all your points. Whoever has the most points by the end wins.

Hotkey Hotkey Revolution
Author: Roy

Hotkey four units (representing the numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4) and hit those keys in correspondence to a Dance Dance Revolution-esque pattern of units that come down, when those units are on a certain point of your playing field. The player who misses the least wins.

1hmap
Author: Psionic_Storm

To be honest I have no idea what this is, because when we played it, it bugged out.

Pterodactyl Game
Author: FoxWolf1

Grow up as a young pterodactyl into a bigger pterodactyl capable of defending itself while avoiding smoke clouds (Overlords) and high ground (which kills). When you grow up, defeat all of the other pterodactyls using your abilities to claim victory.

1hourmap
Author: Chia-Tyrant

Very incomplete and buggy, but an interesting concept. It plays like a choose your own text-based adventure, but using a vote-based system rather than one user dictating everything. Spoiler: No matter what you do, it'll end with your death.

tomkazansky
Author: Cinolt (aka yoonkwun)

Everyone plays as Tom Kazansky (Wraith) and must get 5 kills to win. If you stop moving, you will die, so you must get hits while still moving. Since it takes two hits to kill someone, you can just suicide after getting hit once to prevent someone else from getting a point which is the map's most fundamental flaw.

Also: would anyone be interested in having these contests be a weekly or bi-weekly thing? This last one was quite fun.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 23 2013, 6:46 pm by lil-Inferno.

Jun 23 2013, 6:17 pm Generalpie Post #9

Staredit Puckwork

Actually, these maps are quite fun. Sort of brings me back to before SCII. Just a bit, though.

None.

Jun 26 2013, 3:25 am Jack Post #10

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I played Stomp the Fundies but the first boss was very handsome and I lost to him almost immediately.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jun 26 2013, 11:18 am Oh_Man Post #11

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Quote from Jack
I played Stomp the Fundies but the first boss was very handsome and I lost to him almost immediately.
The first boss also thrashed me and all my host convincingly. :-(

Apr 26 2014, 10:16 pm lil-Inferno Post #12

Just here for the pie

I want to have another one of these, some time tonight. 8 PM EST, anyone?

Options
  Back to forum