Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Assistance > Topic: Firegraft gone boom
Firegraft gone boom
Jun 13 2013, 5:35 am
By: hxazgalor  

Jun 13 2013, 5:35 am hxazgalor Post #1

I seem to have access violation issues with my copy of Firegraft 0.9.3 (not the one for v1.16) and I cant get it to run. what am I missing or doing wrong? :P

here's the error msg I get:
"Access violation at address 00423FB9 in module 'Firegraft.exe'. Read of address 00000000."

so...help pls? :(

None.

Jun 13 2013, 5:40 am jjf28 Post #2

Cartography Artisan

well... firegraft tried to read from a nullptr... poor programming of sorts, not sure you're doing anything wrong, though it's possible you can avoid this by not doing whatever you just did in the way you just did it :P

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Jun 13 2013, 2:11 pm hxazgalor Post #3

Quote from jjf28
well... firegraft tried to read from a nullptr... poor programming of sorts, not sure you're doing anything wrong, though it's possible you can avoid this by not doing whatever you just did in the way you just did it :P

and by not doing whatever I did, tht wud mean I shdnt even open firegraft :( cant thr b some other way to fix this? or is thr some oth alternative to firegraft oth than the older copies? cuz I wna make my mod compatible wit 1.15.1 at least :><:

None.

Jun 13 2013, 5:08 pm jjf28 Post #4

Cartography Artisan

Well i'd think your best bet would be to try to change the environment you run it in, run in compatibility mode, change config settings, but it may simply not run on your system without bumping into this error - in that case a virtual machine would probably do the trick.

Crazy Route (not recommended)

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Jun 14 2013, 10:23 pm Sand Wraith Post #5

she/her

Try the latest version of FG. I think it should come loaded with 1.15.1 edits.

AFAIK, Firegraft loads a file that contains all of the memory addresses and shit.

Running as an administrator might help.

Making sure your StarCraft is patched to the correct version might also help.

EDIT:

It might also have something to do with system time being not the correct format - although FG would tell you this.

Jun 18 2013, 6:46 am hxazgalor Post #6

yea, finally resolved. thanks guys :D :D :D

None.

Jul 21 2019, 7:33 pm Lagi Post #7

Necro - same problem, when i try to save my work i receive this error:

---------------------------
Firegraft v0.94
Access violation at address 004444CA in module 'Firegraft.exe'. Read of address 00000000.
OK

WIN10, try compatibility setting. run FG as admin. Unlock each FG file properties (.dll). Shut down windows defender. Still Firegraft can not save to .exe nor .mpq. Check StarEdit, or Py work normal (flawless like always).

any ideas? I need my buttons setting.

[solved]
I delete completly old Firegraft (with all files) and download again.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 22 2019, 8:14 pm by Lagi.

None.

Options
  Back to forum