Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: Anime Spring 2013
Anime Spring 2013
Apr 14 2013, 10:19 pm
By: Zycorax  

Apr 14 2013, 10:19 pm Zycorax Post #1

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

The new season is underway and it looks like there finally might be a couple of shows I'll actually finish this time.

Decided to give Yahari a try. I just hope it turns out to be better than most other romantic high school comedies =P
Then there's new seasons of Ore no Imouto and Railgun. Guess it'll be more of the same from the previous seasons of those.
Finally there's my favourite so far; Shingeki no Kyojin. Just finished watching the second episode and I can't wait till next week for ep3. Been a while since I've had that feeling about a series :)

Also dat Steins;Gate movie. Probably have to wait for the DVD release of that one though :(
There will be some Higurashi as well at some point. Not sure if it's a movie or OVA though.

Apr 14 2013, 11:10 pm Azrael Post #2

I will definitely second your thoughts on Shingeki no Kyojin :D It's pretty awesome so far, and probably the best of the season.

Railgun should be more plot-centric than the previous season, since Accelerator will be showing up. Should be fairly good.

Also looking forward to the Steins;Gate movie, and more Higurashi! Hopefully it'll be a little more in theme than Kira was.

As per Aristocrat's recommendation, I checked out Suisei no Gargantia, and it seems interesting so far.

Watching Aku no Hana as well, which prompted me to read the manga. It's dark and a bit creepy at times, although some people seem to really hate the animation style (rotoscoped). I've heard it was the author's decision to do it rotoscoped to make it more realistic, and to make the viewer uneasy; I'd say mission accomplished.

The only concern I have is that the pacing seems slow compared to the manga; at the current rate they're going, they won't finish 25% of the published storyline before the end of the season. I guess that'd just mean more seasons to look forward to though :P It's a little different and more unsettling than most anime (especially the ED, wtf lol). I'd recommend at least watching the first episode.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 14 2013, 11:26 pm by Azrael.

Apr 14 2013, 11:31 pm Zycorax Post #3

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

Quote from Azrael
Watching Aku no Hana as well, which prompted me to read the manga. It's dark and a bit creepy at times, although some people seem to really hate the animation style (rotoscoped). I've heard it was the author's decision to do it rotoscoped to make it more realistic, and to make the viewer uneasy; I'd say mission accomplished.
Sounds interesting. I'll check it out before going to bed.

Edit:
Just watched first episode. I really like the mood and the art style. Definetly going to keep watching it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 15 2013, 12:00 am by Zycorax.

Options
  Back to forum