Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Heart of the Swarm Leaked Cinematic was LEGIT
Heart of the Swarm Leaked Cinematic was LEGIT
Mar 14 2013, 7:25 am
By: Oh_Man  

Mar 14 2013, 7:25 am Oh_Man Post #1

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Remember that leaked cinematic back in the day?

Looks like it was legit after all, having just completed the campaign today.

As you can see almost scene for scene, it is the exact same cinematic. Wonder how this big leak happened? XD

Thoughts?

Mar 14 2013, 7:53 am DevliN Post #2

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I guess that's why they no longer outsource any previs work.

EDIT:
I'm also not sure what "thoughts" could be expressed. It was leaked because some idiot wanted to leak it, and was fired shortly after. That's pretty much it.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 14 2013, 8:26 am by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 14 2013, 8:48 am Oh_Man Post #3

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Well I mean in one of the stills, it looks like the button Acturus presses does something to some sort of deinfested clone of Kerrigan. Whereas in the last cinematic it is instead the Artifact that shocks her.

Wonder what they had going on there? :D

Mar 14 2013, 9:02 am TF- Post #4

🤙🏾

Quote from Oh_Man
Well I mean in one of the stills, it looks like the button Acturus presses does something to some sort of deinfested clone of Kerrigan. Whereas in the last cinematic it is instead the Artifact that shocks her.
Wonder what they had going on there? :D

They wanted to suggest Kerrigan had a 'kill switch' implant that survived infestation, deinfestation, umojan lab tests and primal zerg reinfestation.
I really wouldn't mess with the continuity like that for a scene that lasts 5 seconds.

🤙🏾

Mar 15 2013, 7:41 am ClansAreForGays Post #5

My theory:
Chris Metzen, while goring himself on donuts, decreed that the scene be made the way it was in the leak.

Blizzard patriot employee A sees how shit it is and he, or someone else, tries to tell Chris.

Chris spits and throws his donuts at anyone who corrects him. SC2 is doomed.

Employee A sacrifices himself to show the world just how shit the ending is.

World tells Chris his ending is shit. Chris doesn't have that many donuts.

Chris uses employee A's idea (who he fired), pretends it is his. SC2 is saved.

Mar 17 2013, 11:50 pm The Starport Post #6

Maybe there was an early version of the story that dictated the Xel-Naga artifact simply separated Kerrigan and Infested Kerrigan, with some kind of plot trope involving good Kerrigan vs. bad Kerrigan somewhere along the line (which got switched to Duran/Narud instead, hence brief footage of uninfested Kerrigan transformation and such). Either way, the story is a bit silly to me... but it passes, I guess.

Also, totally called it. :crazy:

None.

Mar 18 2013, 3:00 am Wing Zero Post #7

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Quote from name:Tuxlar
Maybe there was an early version of the story that dictated the Xel-Naga artifact simply separated Kerrigan and Infested Kerrigan, with some kind of plot trope involving good Kerrigan vs. bad Kerrigan somewhere along the line (which got switched to Duran/Narud instead, hence brief footage of uninfested Kerrigan transformation and such). Either way, the story is a bit silly to me... but it passes, I guess.

Also, totally called it. :crazy:
That makes sense, I assume they would have shared a psionic bond which would cause one to feel pain when the other was injured. I'm glad they scrapped that though, since it makes no sense that the second Kerrigan would end up getting caught by Mengsk and the first Kerrigan not know about it.

Mar 18 2013, 4:19 am The Starport Post #8

What, you haven't seen any stories use a secret, "other half" plot trope before? :P

None.

Options
  Back to forum