Hybrids
Mar 12 2013, 11:41 am
By: luzz  

Mar 12 2013, 11:41 am luzz Post #1

If the Xel'naga are a combination of the purity of essence, and purity of form. Then wouldn't a combination of Zerg and Protoss be a Xel'naga? Or do they have to be mixed more seemlessly? The Overminds overriding purpose was to assimilate the Protoss into the swarm (Right? It was something along these lines) so that the Xel'naga could be reborn and the cycle would continue again. I guess combining the DNA structures of the Zerg and the Protoss is not this then? I am sure it is close to what the Zerg would do if they assimilated the Protoss into the swarm.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? This was the one thing that I never got the answer to.

Also, in the secret mission in BW, at the very end, Duran implies that he used the cells of Sarah Kerrigan to create the Hybrids, wouldn't this mean that the hybrids also have a small amount of Terran DNA as well? This was my first thought we Duran started talking. I also suppose that it could be possible that the hybrids are not Xel'naga because they have a small amount of Terran DNA which would make them impure.

This is a very interesting topic for me, so if anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them.

None.

Mar 12 2013, 5:08 pm ClansAreForGays Post #2

I haven't played the hots campaign yet, but here's my thoughts.

Duran never said he used Kerrigan's cells, just that she sped up his plans. I interpreted that as that being a minor bad thing for him, so he doesn't get to take his sweet ass time making hybrids now. He's being rushed.
It could also be taken that her becoming the dominant force in the sector helped him out some how.

It's not so much Zerg + Protoss = xel naga. The Xel Naga that created them were the result of some other masterful genetic experiment before them. A zerg protoss hybrid will just be what the xel naga chose to be the next thing to take their place, not necessarily have any physical similarities with the ones before them.

The Protoss weren't created to be consumed by the swarm. They were a failure and completely abandoned. What the naga wanted to do was have the protoss eventually gain a purity of essence, to go with their form, but they saw that obviously would never happen. When making the zerg, they wanted the zerg to eventually gain a purity of form on their own, as they weren't finished making them. They were on track to accomplish this though, as opposed to the protoss. Then shit hit the fan when the zerg killed them.

Then there's the whole "I am the Dark Voice, and I was controlling the overmind the whole time!" crap that added into sc2.

What I want to see is the Xel Naga vs the full might of the UED.

Options
  Back to forum