Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Simultaneous [While+Move] Actions
Simultaneous [While+Move] Actions
Feb 23 2013, 5:29 am
By: payne  

Feb 23 2013, 5:29 am payne Post #1

:payne:

The new patch made certain triggers that used to work simultaneously, not work together anymore.

So in my map most of the abilities use triggers at some point. Some of them use the blended "Move" action trigger.
In order to make sure units can still be affected while they are being moved toward their final destination, the trigger is designed this way: a While verifies that where the unit is about to be moved toward is passable, and if so, the unit is Blend-Moved toward that point. To prevent this While loop from running indefinitely, one of the conditions is also to verify that the unit has a certain Behavior (which has a certain duration).
Here is an example of the "Push" ability which all units have in the map (the unit moves a defined amount of distance toward the specified direction): http://pastebin.com/29R8ySZz

The problem is that if a unit uses this ability while another specific ability (which uses a While and a Blended-Move too) is being casted on it, that other ability's Move trigger is simply canceled.
That second ability varies from the first one insofar that it affects a targeted unit, instead of the casting unit.
Here is an example of the "Pulse" ability (the Event refers to the Effect that is called when the Ammo Unit used as the Missile hits the target ("Effect - Impact Effect")): http://pastebin.com/8wwZhCGz
Its trigger basically simply calls an Action Definition, which is called "Apply Force" because it Blend-Moves the target based on the Force and Duration input.
Here is the Apply Force trigger (I collapsed everything irrelevant to the comprehension of the current problem): http://pastebin.com/m5Czeact
As you can see, once again, it is a While loop and a Blended-Move trigger.

Before the patch, casting Pulse on a unit casting Push would work just fine. Now, the Push happens as intended, but the Pulse is simply canceled (the visuals and sounds related to the ability however run properly, only the Move trigger seem to be affected).
Anyone has an idea of what is happening behind-the-scene here and how to fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

EDIT: A new piece of evidence seem to put forward the fact that it seems (so far) like another condition to the failure of the Pulse ability to trigger properly is the fact that the target is using a Create Persistent type of Effect at the same time as his Blended-Move trigger.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 23 2013, 5:59 am by payne.

None.

Options
  Back to forum