Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] Max Range Missile + Fully cloaked
[SOLVED] Max Range Missile + Fully cloaked
Feb 15 2013, 10:08 pm
By: payne  

Feb 15 2013, 10:08 pm payne Post #1

:payne:

I have a Target Effect Ability which launches a missile toward the selected point. That missile disappears if it hits a unit.
My problem is that I want the missile to keep moving in the direction of the cast until it hits the max range of the ability (instead of disappearing at the point the caster selected).

To summarize, the missile should disappear only if:
1) It reaches the max range, OR;
2) It hits a unit.

And how do I make it so that I have two different filters for the Search Area effect? I want a specific thing to happen if the missile hits an ally, and another thing to happen if it hits an enemy.

---

Second question: how do I fully cloak a unit? The default cloak effect still lets player see where the unit is because it deforms its surrounding.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 23 2013, 11:59 am by payne.

None.

Feb 15 2013, 11:19 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Offset the target point with a persistent. You need to offset it by (0, -forward, 0), negative Y value is important. You could try to use a big number for this. If a big number won't work properly, you could periodically redirect the missile via a behavior, too.

Use a behavior with a periodic search on the missile to detect collisions. You could use 2 behaviors, for example.
Else you could use a switch to do either search effect A or search effect B depending on a validator with the type "enumerate area".

This skillshot demonstration map might help you.

Feb 18 2013, 1:47 am payne Post #3

Thanks for the Missile.
Any ideas for the Cloak?

None.

Feb 18 2013, 8:22 pm DevliN Post #4

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

You can fully cloak a unit by making it invisible (not cloaked, actually invisible), but then the player wouldn't be able to see it either.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Feb 22 2013, 10:58 pm payne Post #5

Here is the code my partner used for that:

Code
Cloaked
   Events
       Environment - Player Any Player uses Effect Ghost - Cloak (Buff)
   Local Variables
       alliedplayers = (Empty player group) <Player Group>
   Conditions
   Actions
       Variable - Set alliedplayers = (Allies of player (Triggering Effect Unit Owner(Caster)))
       Player Group - Add player (Triggering Effect Unit Owner(Caster)) to alliedplayers
       Fade Out (Actor for (Triggering Effect Unit(Target))) For (Enemies of player (Triggering Effect Unit Owner(Caster))) (Half Fade False)
       Fade Out (Actor for (Triggering Effect Unit(Target))) For (Copy of alliedplayers) (Half Fade True)
       General - Wait 0.25 Game Time seconds
       Hide (Actor for (Triggering Effect Unit(Target))) For (Enemies of player (Owner of (Triggering Effect Unit(Caster))))
       Ping - Hide BallPing
       General - While (Conditions) are true, do (Actions)
           Conditions
               ((Triggering Effect Unit(Target)) has Ghost - Cloaked (Buff)) == True
           Actions
               General - Wait 0.0625 Game Time seconds
       Show (Actor for (Triggering Effect Unit(Target))) For (Enemies of player (Owner of (Triggering Effect Unit(Caster))))
       Fade In (Actor for (Triggering Effect Unit(Target))) For (All players) (Half Fade False)
       Ping - Show BallPing

None.

Feb 23 2013, 12:02 am Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Methods for true inviisbility:
- no draw flag in a behavior
- burrowed flag in behavior (can potentially cause problems, if you got spells that ignore burrowed units. I'm not sure if Blizzard created any ability like that)
- set opacity to 0 via actor message
- hide actor for players via the code in Renee's GAx3 mod on sc2mapster

And it seems you found another method with an action that I didn't know it was existing.

Feb 23 2013, 5:02 am payne Post #7

Quote from Ahli
Methods for true inviisbility:
- no draw flag in a behavior
- burrowed flag in behavior (can potentially cause problems, if you got spells that ignore burrowed units. I'm not sure if Blizzard created any ability like that)
- set opacity to 0 via actor message
- hide actor for players via the code in Renee's GAx3 mod on sc2mapster

And it seems you found another method with an action that I didn't know it was existing.
After making some research, I realized this action is actually a function taken from someone on sc2mapster.

None.

Options
  Back to forum