Staredit Network > Forums > Media, Art, and Literature > Topic: My One Minute Evocation
My One Minute Evocation
Jan 4 2013, 1:10 pm
By: InsolubleFluff  

Jan 4 2013, 1:10 pm InsolubleFluff Post #1

Hey guys, this is my University Assignment to evoke an emotion using natural sounds and create a soundscape that has no narrative but evokes an emotion. I chose the emotion of Isolation and the title is:

Isolation - The Tranquillity and Danger of Solitude.

Tell me, what do you think and does this piece evoke isolation or represent isolation?

Attachments:
Isolation Evocation.mp3
Hits: 4 Size: 2465.34kb

None.

Jan 4 2013, 3:29 pm payne Post #2

:payne:

Interesting.

I think the first few seconds did make me think about isolation when I was listening to them with the theme in mind. It felt as if I was in a bubble, excluded from the rest of the world. Kind of just a spectator, kind of as if I had ears in water: sounds you hear outside of the water seem more distant because you can't easily interpret it, thus making you feel "ostracized" (which is how I tried to interpret "isolation" here).

The rest felt more like loneliness/emptiness to me.

None.

Jan 4 2013, 3:31 pm Oh_Man Post #3

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

You should not tell people what you were aiming for but instead ask them what emotions they thought the music evoked.

That way you dodge some psychological issues there and get more accurate feedback.

Jan 4 2013, 4:12 pm InsolubleFluff Post #4

Those are not the conditions that my tutor will be under, so why should I put strangers that have even less understanding of the assignment through even tougher conditions :P? x

None.

Jan 4 2013, 6:06 pm SiberianTiger Post #5

I think it's good to let people know what the music is about. Or else the scope of the feedbacks becomes too big and some of the responses will sound completely irrelevant.

Interesting sounds. It definitely achieves the goal of evoking isolation.

None.

Jan 4 2013, 7:24 pm InsolubleFluff Post #6

Cool thanks, if you want I can compile a short list of the sounds I used, but I think it would be more interesting if you had a stab at guessing them :) x

None.

Options
  Back to forum