Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: [SOLVED] A bunch of bugs I need to fix
[SOLVED] A bunch of bugs I need to fix
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Dec 29 2012, 3:32 am
By: payne  

Dec 29 2012, 3:32 am payne Post #1

:payne:

Can you help me out with these please?

- http://www.staredit.net/343009/
- How to prevent my (copied and slightly altered) "Defense Matrix" ability from being casted on a unit that already has it on? (I want to prevent stacking.)
- Somehow Void Ray's hallucination unit auto-attacks target as it is moving. How to fix that?
- If a player controls 2 Sniper Raynors and tries to use the Snipe ability while they're both selected, only one laser line is shown, and its origin-unit might not be correct. I am also unsure whether it casts for both units at the same time, or if only one attacks.

None.

Dec 29 2012, 12:15 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
- How to prevent my (copied and slightly altered) "Defense Matrix" ability from being casted on a unit that already has it on? (I want to prevent stacking.)
"Unit Compare Behavior Validator" in the ability's started effect.

Quote from payne
- Somehow Void Ray's hallucination unit auto-attacks target as it is moving. How to fix that?
The Void Ray weapon does naturally. You can't just disable that without tweaking the original unit.
If that is important, you could duplicate the weapon and add a disabled version of a weapon that has that feature disabled and toggle both weapons for hallucinated versions of the void ray.

Quote from payne
- If a player controls 2 Sniper Raynors and tries to use the Snipe ability while they're both selected, only one laser line is shown, and its origin-unit might not be correct. I am also unsure whether it casts for both units at the same time, or if only one attacks.
The implementation of that ability was made in a way that doesn't work for multiple casters.
Renee from sc2mapster solved it with a new feature of 1.5. I attached the map in my post, too. It's just disabling the original actor and adds a new actor.

Attachments:
RailGun.SC2Map
Hits: 2 Size: 10.31kb

Dec 30 2012, 7:35 am payne Post #3

Defense Matrix thing worked.

The Void Ray does not auto-attacks like the Phoenix. I tried it out with a normal unit and it doesn't act like the hallucination.

His demo map leaves the beam shown for about .5ms too long. Also, I do not understand how I am supposed to transport it to my map. I remove all the Events+ things from the original Cursor Actor and create a new "Arc" actor with what he did? Then how to link the stuff properly?

None.

Dec 30 2012, 12:21 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from payne
The Void Ray does not auto-attacks like the Phoenix. I tried it out with a normal unit and it doesn't act like the hallucination.
Void Ray's weapon "Prismatic Beam" has "Moving" in allowed movement and has the flags "can initiate attack" enabled and "only fire while attacking" disabled which makes it possible for the weapon to attack while the void ray does something else like moving.
Since the arc isn't huge, it won't be able to attack the whole area around it. It can only attack targets the void ray is facing.

Quote from payne
His demo map leaves the beam shown for about .5ms too long. Also, I do not understand how I am supposed to transport it to my map. I remove all the Events+ things from the original Cursor Actor and create a new "Arc" actor with what he did? Then how to link the stuff properly?
"Railgun Cursor Model" was deactivated by removing all of its events. Since its the entry point of the original line actor system, the whole thing is disabled when that actor is deactivated.

"RailGunCursor" is a new actor that uses the original railgun in its events.
- If you make the ActorOrphan->Destroy use "immediate" in destroy, it will be removed properly, if you cancel the targetting.
- If you add "Abil.RaynorSnipe.TargetOff -> Destroy Immediate" the line will be removed properly, if you ordered a unit to cast it.
- To make the line bigger, you would need to modify min and max scale of the used model. "1.25" looks fine to me.

Dec 31 2012, 3:35 am payne Post #5

Didn't really work. The red line doesn't appear at all now. :/

None.

Jan 2 2013, 9:08 pm payne Post #6

Quote from payne

Didn't really work. The red line doesn't appear at all now. :/
I still need help over this. :/
Same for the Energy Foutain: it still doesn't have a max range, it shouldn't keep healing a unit if it changes its state (cloaking/burrowing), and it should allow Medics to heal units that are being healed by it at the same time as well.

None.

Jan 4 2013, 10:10 am payne Post #7

I'm leaving for a month in 2 days. Could someone help me fix this before please? :(

None.

Jan 5 2013, 11:56 pm Ahli Post #8

I helped in irc.

- The range is done with a location range validator.

- Multi-targeting for heal is done via deleting the validator "no markers" in the ability's first effect makes multiple heal buildings to target the same unit.
There might be a problem with medivacs, so we check, if the ability uses his own marker. If it uses the same marker as heal abilities, we add a new marker link.
(This was created by copying data objects. Copy doesn't create new links, duplicating does... that's why duplicate > copy... I personally always duplicate and never copy things in data because of that).
(I think resetting the field to parent unit might fix those fields, too. Cooldown uses such links, too.)

- The problem with sound and animation was fixed by using medivac's actors instead of medic's ones. It seems that the channel.stop event doesn't occur, if the state of the unit (like cloak/burrow) changes while the channel is existent.
The medivac's actors got a problem with their "At" in their destroy events, too. Deleting it fixes the problem.
I think this is a problem in the engine. I'm going to report it in the EU forums with a small test map. The "problem" exists in HotS beta, too. can't reproduce it now... I'm confused, but it works properly in hots now.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 6 2013, 12:25 am by Ahli.

Jan 6 2013, 12:23 am payne Post #9

Quote from Ahli
- The problem with sound and animation was fixed by using medivac's actors instead of medic's ones. It seems that the channel.stop event doesn't occur, if the state of the unit (like cloak/burrow) changes while the channel is existent.
The medivac's actors got a problem with their "At" in their destroy events, too. Deleting it fixes the problem.
I think this is a problem in the engine. I'm going to report it in the EU forums with a small test map. The "problem" exists in HotS beta, too.
For the ones using the WoL editor, the Events do not contain any "At". Instead of using the Effect, it references to the Ability. You have to create a new event for the Heal Effect with SubName being "Target Stop", and Destroy it.

Solved. :lock:

None.

Options
  Back to forum