Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: StarCraft II - HotS: Balance Update #10
StarCraft II - HotS: Balance Update #10
Dec 19 2012, 12:00 am
By: Ahli  

Dec 19 2012, 12:00 am Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

STARCRAFT II: HotS - Balance Update #10
--- HOTS beta balance ---

Quote from Blizzard Entertainment
We will be bringing the beta down at 2:00 p.m. PST this afternoon to make the balance changes listed below. Thanks again for all the great feedback you've provided while testing Heart of the Swarm. We hope to see you testing these changes and sharing your input soon!

Terran
  • Medivac
    • The Caduceus Reactor upgrade now requires a Fusion Core before research can begin.

• Widow Mine
    • Sentinel Missiles
      • Primary target damage reduced from 160 to 125.

Protoss
  • Stalker
    • Blink
      • Research time increased from 140 to 170 seconds.

Zerg
  • Infestor
    • Fungal Growth
      • Range increased from 8 to 10.
      • Missile speed increased from 10 to 15.
Source

Quote from David Kim, Blizzard Entertainment
We've been planning a few more balance tweaks before the holidays. And a few things we're trying to focus on are:

1. Lowering Widow Mine single target damage

We feel Widow Mines create a lot of positional play and also provides a more mobile splash option in the late game. Widow Mines 1 shotting key units such as Banshees in the early mid game we feel can be addressed without hurting the main strengths of the unit.

2. Improving fungal.

We feel the initial nerfs to Fungal Growth were too much especially in ZvZ. We've been taking a closer look at the range and missile speed of Fungal.

3. New Medivac strength

Adding two new abilities around the same tech level for the Medivac wasn't a good idea. We want to try to push the heal ability to later stages of the game when more splash damage units come into play.

We're also hearing your feedback on units like Widow Mines, Swarm Hosts, and Oracles. We're getting a lot of completely opposite feedback on the new units, and think this is because of the learning curve required to use and fight against these new options.

Please try to playtest more with that in mind and we are also trying our best to continue playing with them as much as possible to get a better understanding of the new meta game in HotS. As always, thank you for your help.
Source

Dec 19 2012, 7:23 am ClansAreForGays Post #2

1. Lowering Widow Mine single target damage
Deals 125 now, down from 160.

2. Improving fungal.
range increased from 8 to 10, missile speed increased from 10 to 15.

3. New Medivac strength
caudeus reactor requires fusion core.

Options
  Back to forum