Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: STARCRAFT II - WoL: Balance Update
STARCRAFT II - WoL: Balance Update
Dec 5 2012, 12:12 am
By: Ahli  

Dec 5 2012, 12:12 am Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

STARCRAFT II: WoL - Balance Update
--- melee balance ---

Quote from David Kim, Blizzard Entertainment
While we agree that Infestors are being used too abundantly in many games, we are aiming to address this concern carefully to ensure that we don’t completely discourage the use of Infestors.

Generally speaking, we want to slightly reduce Fungal Growth in all three matchups, and we feel reducing the casting range would help us achieve this goal. We anticipate that the reduction in health for Infested Terran eggs will be most noticeable in the PvZ matchup when Psi Storm is used. The Raven change helps Terran players in late game TvZ scenarios and has the potential to introduce new Terran late game strategies.

On December 4, after a brief maintenance period in each region, the following balance changes will take effect globally:

Terran
  • Raven seeker missile upgrade removed.

Zerg
  • Infested Terran eggs health down from 100 to 70
  • Fungal Growth range down from 9 to 8

Again, to be clear, these changes will take effect after a short maintenance in each region is complete, and neither a patch nor any other special action will be required to experience them in-game.

Our plan is to apply this balance update and monitor the effects of these changes. The extensive testing and quality of feedback we’ve received on the last two balance maps have allowed us to make this call. Please keep in mind that our goal with this patch is to make small changes that nudge balance in the right direction. With Heart of the Swarm launching in March, we will have more time to address balance concerns further if necessary.

Thank you for helping us playtest and sharing your feedback on the last two balance maps.

Source

STARCRAFT II: HotS - Comprehensive Editor Updates List
--- editor improvements ---

Kaivax, a community manager released a list of the editor updates made in the current version of Heart of the Swarm Beta. This means, all of these changes should go live when StarCraft II's big update around HotS is released.

Make sure you check out their list over here.

Dec 5 2012, 4:30 pm ClansAreForGays Post #2

As a Z player, I can say this is fair. We are basically forced to use infestors because they are just too damn good. It's also being said that we are getting in increase in muta movement, and hydra movement will be lair tech. If we don't get at least one of those 2 things to go with this, then I take back what I said.

Infestors are too powerful, but everything else is just terrible.

Options
  Back to forum