Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Applying custom colors
Applying custom colors
Nov 27 2012, 11:25 am
By: payne  

Nov 27 2012, 11:25 am payne Post #1

:payne:

Context: There are two teams, each has its color. Each player has a unit which has a certain logo underneath (an attached image). This logo is colored based on the team of the player. The colors are based on Player Colors ("Player 01 (Red)" and "Player 02 (Blue)".

Problem: The color I can set these logo via triggers are not satisfying me. They do not contrast enough. The triggers are currently using the Player 01 Red and Player 02 Blue.

Are there any ways I can change the default color value of Player 01 Red and 02 Blue? Or are there any ways to change the color of these images to values that wouldn't be preset (so basically, where I could set RBG values)?
Or else, I know the "Override Color" data is changeable in the Data Editor, and it represents the colors for when players press ALT+F (changes the colors of units from player-based to alliance-based). While this is great, I would need a way to detect via triggers the state of that option for each player (it is a saved option that perpetrates itself through games, so I believe I cannot use something like a Pressed Key Event).

None.

Nov 27 2012, 11:35 am DevliN Post #2

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

You can't change the player colors, but you can change the shade of the tint of those images to something other than the preset colors. When you're setting the color of the tint, you can set the "Hue", "Sat", "Lum", and RGB to whatever you want.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 27 2012, 11:45 am payne Post #3

Quote from DevliN
You can't change the player colors, but you can change the shade of the tint of those images to something other than the preset colors. When you're setting the color of the tint, you can set the "Hue", "Sat", "Lum", and RGB to whatever you want.
How do? What is the action's name?

None.

Nov 27 2012, 11:50 am DevliN Post #4

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

"Set Dialog Item Tint Color". Then when selecting a color, instead of choosing from the "Preset" list, go to "Value" and click the colored rectangle next to "Color:".

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 27 2012, 8:10 pm payne Post #5

Ah, by "image", I meant that it is an actual image imported in the map. The maker then used Actors to mess with the color (Send Actor Message).

None.

Options
  Back to forum