Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: DevliN's Mafia: Battlestar Galactica 2.0
DevliN's Mafia: Battlestar Galactica 2.0
Nov 16 2012, 7:24 pm
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 921 >

Nov 28 2012, 11:40 pm rayNimagi Post #121

Quote from poison_us
[color=#598D2B]I think both [Aristocrat and Demon] are town.
If they were both town, why would they both claim Vigilante? Though there is a possibility that the game would have two Vigilantes, there's only 17 players. Having two Vigilantes would make the Town's killing power pretty high for the number of players we have.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Nov 28 2012, 11:46 pm LoTu)S Post #122

In addition, I will pick three players at random each night. For each of those players, if they weren't originally going to be mentioned in the night post, they will be mentioned in the night post. For example, if a Crewmember is picked at random, but nobody targets the Crewmember for that night, there will still be information about the Crewmember character in the night post. This is intended to help let you know what roles are still alive, supposing you can figure that part out.

Quote from DevliN
CREW LOG \\ DEVLIN \\ 112812 \\ "Night 1" Transcript

I felt uneasy that night. I paced around the common room looking to find some reassurance that hope was still worthwhile. I remember looking around and seeing so many uncertain faces lost in thought. I couldn't take it anymore. I figured getting a drink would help. It definitely did.

The bar was lively, which I suppose is typical despite the clear threat of human-looking Cylons walking among us. I couldn't believe it. People were going on as if nothing was wrong. Frak. Can we take a break for a moment?

Is it recording? Okay, so the bar. I don't remember anything out of the ordinary at that point. I was trying to find solace in the bottom of a bottle, that's for damn sure.

I did find it odd that the bar was as loud as it was. People were having a good time, they didn't seem to care. Some people were even flirting. I mean I guess if life as we knew it was coming to an end, why not end with a bang, right? [Laughing] There was one woman there I had my eye on, but she didn't seem interested. She was way out of my league anyway, you know? She also looked like she might have been waiting for someone else, maybe. I'm not sure.

It didn't seem like much activity took place otherwise. Um. At one point security arrived to send someone to the brig, but I didn't really catch why. Maybe she just couldn't handle her liquor. [Laughing] I don't blame her, the stuff is frakking disgusting. It makes moonshine look like sugar water.

Let's take a break for now, and we'll get to the next one in a bit, alright?

<Recording end>

Transcribed by 0408121406

CREW LOG \\ [REDACTED] \\ 112812 \\ "The First Night" Declassified

<All data erased>

Day 1 begins now. Voting ends tonight [Wednesday] at 11:59 PM (Pacific Standard Time).

Vrael, TiKeLs, and Aristo?

None.

Nov 28 2012, 11:58 pm Aristocrat Post #123

Quote from rayNimagi
Though there is a possibility that the game would have two Vigilantes.
There is no way that there are two vigilantes. Had I realized that I could still send in revised actions when I noticed Dem0n's bullshit (thought EST and not PST), I would have targeted him instead. But some dumbass sent me to the brig so that didn't matter anyway :rolleyes: (Unless you're TiKels, in which case, great job saving your own ass, now start working with me).

None.

Nov 28 2012, 11:59 pm lil-Inferno Post #124

Just here for the pie

No Mafia hits. Poison_us says he may not be very active. Coincidence? I think not!

I VOTE POISON_US.

Nov 29 2012, 12:07 am LoTu)S Post #125

I vote Dem0n

Because claiming Vig isn't the smartest move in the book and

Quote from Dem0n
because it's the only semi-solid lead the town has. There isn't any evidence against anyone else. Find me some evidence, then maybe I'll change my mind.

:rolleyes:

None.

Nov 29 2012, 12:10 am Vrael Post #126

Lotus, I tend to disagree with your breakdown. The big divider line is obvious, but it looks to me like there are only -at most- two narrators. The 'information about three players' could simply be the security officer, the female he/she jailed, and the narrator. Not really sure but I really doubt your breakdown was right.

None.

Nov 29 2012, 12:12 am DevliN Post #127

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

<Voting Update>

Dem0n:
OlimarandLouie: Abstain
payne: No Lynch
Stacy Keibler:
Zycorax:
LoTu)S: Dem0n
poison_us: lil-Inferno (1)
lil-Inferno: poison_us (1)
Aristocrat: Dem0n
TiKels:
rayNimagi: Dem0n
GeneralPie:
NudeRaider: rayNimagi (1)
Observer12425: No Lynch (2)
Roy:
Fire_Kame: Dem0n (4)
BiOAtK:

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Nov 29 2012, 12:23 am by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 29 2012, 12:14 am LoTu)S Post #128

Quote from name:Stacy Keibler
Lotus, I tend to disagree with your breakdown. The big divider line is obvious, but it looks to me like there are only -at most- two narrators. The 'information about three players' could simply be the security officer, the female he/she jailed, and the narrator. Not really sure but I really doubt your breakdown was right.

Just a small guess. Nothing big

None.

Nov 29 2012, 12:29 am Dem0n Post #129

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from LoTu)S
I vote Dem0n

Because claiming Vig isn't the smartest move in the book and

Quote from Dem0n
because it's the only semi-solid lead the town has. There isn't any evidence against anyone else. Find me some evidence, then maybe I'll change my mind.

:rolleyes:
Except I actually had evidence via clues. Regardless how wrong they were, they were still leads. There's nothing here. Why the hell would I claim the most powerful role the town has if I didn't actually have that role? Furthermore, why would I claim that role while the person with that role was still active?

Nov 29 2012, 12:33 am payne Post #130

:payne:

Is there a difference between No lynch and Abstain?

None.

Nov 29 2012, 12:34 am Dem0n Post #131

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Abstain means you're not counted in the vote tally, and no lynch means you actually don't want anyone to be lynched. If enough people vote for a no lynch, no one will be lynched that day.

Nov 29 2012, 12:34 am lil-Inferno Post #132

Just here for the pie

Quote from payne
Is there a difference between No lynch and Abstain?
If no lynch gets the majority then no one gets lynched. Abstain is just to show that you're here but haven't made, or will not make, a decision.

Nov 29 2012, 12:38 am poison_us Post #133

Back* from the grave

Quote from rayNimagi
Quote from poison_us
I think both [Aristocrat and Demon] are town.
If they were both town, why would they both claim Vigilante? Though there is a possibility that the game would have two Vigilantes, there's only 17 players. Having two Vigilantes would make the Town's killing power pretty high for the number of players we have.
I'm sorry, but I personally define "town" as any town-aligned role, or if a variant is being played (such as this game), the analogue in a traditional mafia game. The Vigilante here is town-aligned, in that he is under the umbrella of town-aligned victory conditions, as opposed to mafia or third-party victory conditions.

Quote from lil-Inferno
No Mafia hits. poison_us says he may not be very active. Coincidence? I think not!

I VOTE POISON_US.
Fix't. Unless you're being deliberately dense, you'll realize I posted that during the night, and what that implies.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 29 2012, 12:44 am by poison_us. Reason: Damn you, Ray, quoting you broke BBcode!

Nov 29 2012, 12:46 am TiKels Post #134

I vote nuderaider

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Nov 29 2012, 12:48 am lil-Inferno Post #135

Just here for the pie

I CHANGE MY VOTE TO ARISTOCRAT because.

Nov 29 2012, 1:47 am Zycorax Post #136

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

I'll abstain for now.

Nov 29 2012, 1:51 am DevliN Post #137

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

<Voting Update>

Dem0n:
OlimarandLouie: Abstain
payne: No Lynch
Stacy Keibler:
Zycorax: Abstain
LoTu)S: Dem0n
poison_us: lil-Inferno (1)
lil-Inferno: Aristocrat (1)
Aristocrat: Dem0n
TiKels: NudeRaider (1)
rayNimagi: Dem0n
GeneralPie:
NudeRaider: rayNimagi (1)
Observer12425: No Lynch (2)
Roy:
Fire_Kame: Dem0n (4)
BiOAtK:

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 29 2012, 1:55 am poison_us Post #138

Back* from the grave

I wonder, if Aristocrat were to post a list of people he wants dead, would Kame's vote switch?

Nov 29 2012, 2:05 am lil-Inferno Post #139

Just here for the pie

Quote from poison_us
I wonder, if Aristocrat were to post a list of people he wants dead, would Kame's vote switch?
I'll post it for him:

• Dem0n
  • TiKels

Just like it has been for every game he's participated in.

Nov 29 2012, 2:11 am Roy Post #140

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

I have received a message from the Security Officer that his target was Aristocrat last night.

This is why I was hoping for more than 24 hours for voting. The deadline is in what, 6 hours?

Quote from NudeRaider
And I'm a firm believer that abstaining never is a good strategy.

Btw. I'm surprised nobody commented the 0 deaths of the first night. GJ people! We obviously did something right, so policemen keep jailing your previous target and doctors could keep on target or switch to whoever think is likely to get hit.
I'm normally on the side that says a Day with no lynch is a loss for the town. But I am also against lynching either Demon or Aristocrat at the moment.

Did the Scientist make the switch to Demon? Proxy your results to someone who can let the town know if he's innocent or not.

Quote from rayNimagi
Or some of the Mafia were AFK.
These assumptions killed a number of townies in my game, and the Mafia were in fact not AFK that game. I'm guessing Devlin isn't going to let us know all the details of the night (only extra details from his chosen three players), so I'd stay away from using this as your primary evidence for now.

Quote from poison_us
I vote Lil-Inferno.[/color] Inb4 Demon cries for voting his lover.
Quote from lil-Inferno
I VOTE POISON_US.
Hmm...

Quote from rayNimagi
Think about it the other way: what are the odds that Demon and Aristocrat, two players with a recent history of rivalry, both ended up being the town's killing role? It's unlikely, but the conclusion isn't necessarily that one of the two is a Cylon. They were bound to have a conflict of some sort, and I have a feeling this would be the case regardless of their alignments.

Quote from LoTu)S
Vrael, TiKeLs, and Aristo?
Aside from Aristocrat, are those just completely random guesses? If you're going for the booze == Vrael idea, I can debunk that one by referring to Devlin's last game also starting N1 in a bar, so the setting is probably not indicative toward any particular player. Not sure why you singled out TiKels, but I'd be interested in hearing the reasoning.

Quote from Aristocrat
There is no way that there are two vigilantes. Had I realized that I could still send in revised actions when I noticed Dem0n's bullshit (thought EST and not PST), I would have targeted him instead. But some dumbass sent me to the brig so that didn't matter anyway :rolleyes: (Unless you're TiKels, in which case, great job saving your own ass, now start working with me).
I said in the Shoutbox that the deadline hadn't been reached yet, and you were active around the time I said it (as I was responding to your shout).

Quote from LoTu)S
Because claiming Vig isn't the smartest move in the book
Hey now, that was my strategy, not his. And it is smart because of the Paranoia ability.

Now, on to the night post itself:
Quote from DevliN
I felt uneasy that night. I paced around the common room looking to find some reassurance that hope was still worthwhile. I remember looking around and seeing so many uncertain faces lost in thought. I couldn't take it anymore. I figured getting a drink would help. It definitely did.
Every sentence starts with the letter "I." Not sure if it means anything.

Quote from DevliN
The bar was lively, which I suppose is typical despite the clear threat of human-looking Cylons walking among us. I couldn't believe it. People were going on as if nothing was wrong. Frak. Can we take a break for a moment?

Is it recording?
If you remember from last game, "Frak" is just a curse from the show and is not indicative of anything.

Why did the person take a break? Just part of the writing style, or is there something to it?

Quote from DevliN
Okay, so the bar. I don't remember anything out of the ordinary at that point. I was trying to find solace in the bottom of a bottle, that's for damn sure.

I did find it odd that the bar was as loud as it was. People were having a good time, they didn't seem to care. Some people were even flirting. I mean I guess if life as we knew it was coming to an end, why not end with a bang, right? [Laughing] There was one woman there I had my eye on, but she didn't seem interested. She was way out of my league anyway, you know? She also looked like she might have been waiting for someone else, maybe. I'm not sure.
"End with a bang" is a double entendre. Could be referring to poison_us' name, perhaps?

The second half of this is definitely describing the Seductress. In the first game, it was clear that she picked a target, but here she's just waiting. Could be that she was looking for the person who got jailed (Aristocrat). Or it could be that the Seductress didn't submit a night action, so the character was just hanging out.

Quote from DevliN
It didn't seem like much activity took place otherwise. Um. At one point security arrived to send someone to the brig, but I didn't really catch why. Maybe she just couldn't handle her liquor. [Laughing] I don't blame her, the stuff is frakking disgusting. It makes moonshine look like sugar water.
Describing the Security Officer jailing his target (Aristocrat). Since Aristocrat is evidently in the same room as the Seductress and she doesn't do anything, it seems unlikely that the Seductress targeted him. Besides, they're both girls. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :teach:

Though it's probably just stylistic writing, I just searched for sugar water to see if it came up with anything interesting. Found this:
Steve Jobs famously convinced John Sculley, then the CEO of Pepsi, to come join Apple with the pitch “Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life? Or do you want to come with me and change the world?”
I don't think that means anything. Tempz posted http://www.staredit.net/topic/14430/ and Aristocrat posted http://www.staredit.net/topic/14273/ but I really don't think this is a clue.

Quote from DevliN
Let's take a break for now, and we'll get to the next one in a bit, alright?

<Recording end>
Again with the breaks. Did someone post recently about breaking something?

Quote from DevliN
Transcribed by 0408121406
There are so many log numbers in these posts that I think they're just distractions. I can't make any sense out of this one, though it's interesting that the number starts with a 0.

Quote from DevliN
CREW LOG \\ [REDACTED] \\ 112812 \\ "The First Night" Declassified

<All data erased>
Not the first time we've seen this, except this time there's nothing here. Could be that this section is reserved for one Cylon, and the Mole happened to clear that Cylon this night, thereby removing all data instead of showing one with some words blocked out.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 921 >
  Back to forum