Staredit Network > Forums > Modding Discussion > Topic: Using BW Tech in SC original maps help
Using BW Tech in SC original maps help
Oct 21 2012, 9:54 am
By: pastelmind  

Oct 21 2012, 9:54 am pastelmind Post #1

To be precise, I found a weird bug while trying to give the Restoration spell to the Queen. To do this, I moved the research button to the Queen's Nest, the use-spell button to the Queen (replacing the position occupied by the Parasite button), and changed the requirements as needed in FireGraft. Now, everything works fine in Brood War mode...however, when I am in vanilla StarCraft mode, three things happen:

(1) After I research the tech once, the research button is still there. I can research it again, and again, and again...WTF this is not an upgrade, I checked that
(2) No matter how many times I "research" Restoration, my Queens cannot use it (the button is greyed out, as though it hasn't been researched)
(3) The funny thing is, I modified the original Zerg AI script to research Restoration...which it does, over and over and over!

Apparently this is a problem only within original mode, because everything works as intented while in Brood War mode. Is there a way to circumvent this?

TLDR: Is there a way to use Restoration, tech research and all, in vanilla StarCraft?

None.

Oct 21 2012, 1:55 pm BiOAtK Post #2

Since restoration is a brood war spell, I assume vanilla maps won't reference it correctly, because technically they have no idea what the fuck it is. So I would think you can't.

None.

Oct 22 2012, 12:36 am pastelmind Post #3

Well dang I guess. Thanks for telling me this, though!

None.

Options
  Back to forum