Simple Mafia: Game Over
Oct 21 2012, 2:08 am
By: Roy
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 2527 >

Polls

Nov 11 2012, 5:04 am Roy Post #441

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Night 5

Forward. Onward. We talk about one direction as we move in another. Who is leading? Do we have a leader? What would make a good leader?

Courage. Being able to stand by your convictions and face your enemies. Being able to take the necessary course of action, however unpopular it may be. Being able to project hope to those that have lost it.

Integrity. Meaning what you say, doing what you set out to do. Never straying from your ultimate position. Always remembering what the right thing to do is.

Deception. Rally those around you, convincing them that your ideas are also theirs. Control the majority under your own ideals. Lead an army with whatever path you've created.

Fearmongering. Eliminate freedoms under the guise of security. Give privileges in the guise of freedom. Revoke privileges from the sympathetic and uncooperative; the justifications for security are already in place.

Rearward. Backward. We talk of avoiding one direction as we alienate another. Nobody is leading. We don't have a leader.

I would make a good leader.

Shouldabout has become somewhat of a slum; most residents had abandoned their homes and businesses in exchange for their safety. The remaining townsfolk pressed on, knowing that the mafia would soon be eliminated. And their willingness to stay is justified: several of the mafia had themselves fled after the fall of a couple prominent leaders. What remained, however, still do not intend to vacate so swiftly.

An alarm rang softly on Main Street. Petty crime was still abound, and burglary was a particular favorite. One person makes a fast buck at the expense of another's business. It was an individual operation, though very well executed; the remainder of the Shouldabout Police Department found nothing left behind to determine a culprit.

Murder was also still prevalent in Shouldabout.

After a few drinks, the man left The Tank and stumbled his way back home. He noticed the front door was ajar; someone was there. He pushed it open slowly, looking through the dark entryway for any sign of disturbance. "Hmph, a burglar, perhaps?" he thought to himself. It seemed like a bad idea to go inside, but perhaps his intoxication impeded his judgement, as he walked in and silently shut the door behind him. It was completely dark, so the intruder couldn't possibly see him just as he couldn't see his intruder. The man stood there for a while, eyes closed, listening for any type of sound.

Breathing. He could hear it faintly: a calm, slow breath down the hall. Presumably the two were facing each other, but the ever so dark house made them invisible from each other. "He's just standing there. He's waiting. For me." The man grabbed the coat hanger by him; it was a mostly-decorative object, but it certainly served as a decent weapon. The man took several steps forward, pointing it in front of him.

"The coat hangar," the intruder said from across the room.

The man froze. "Can he see me? Night vision, perhaps?" He paused to listen for the intruder to make a move, but was met with silence. "No, probably heard me pick it up is all." "Who are you?" Silence. "I can't take the chance. If he can see me, I'm only handicapping myself by having the lights out." He decided to make a hasty move: as he threw the coat hangar in the direction of his foe, the man also made a quick dash for the lights.

"Loses the coat hangar, turns on the lights," remarked the invader as the coat hangar is heard hitting the carpet.

The man hit the switch for the lights and stared down the hallway. To his horror, all that was there was a tape recorder attached to the wall, playing a prerecorded message.

"Sees tape recorder, starts panicking," the message played.

The man frantically searched the room, raising his fists in the process. "Who are you?!" It was the only phrase that was running through his mind at the moment. How could someone predict him so accurately?

The message continued on the last of its tape. "I am the future of this town. A future that does not include you, Generalpie." There were four additional seconds of silence at the end of the tape, followed by a soft sound of the film tugging at its last spin before the recorder stopped entirely.

Day 5 begins. Cast your vote by Monday, November 12th, 11:59PM Eastern.

Nov 11 2012, 5:31 am DevliN Post #442

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Okay, who the hell uses a non-digital recorder?

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 11 2012, 5:53 am Observer12425 Post #443

Well, um... hm. With two docs, isn't the town effectively invulnerable (so long as the docs don't lynch one another)?

None.

Nov 11 2012, 5:53 am OlimarandLouie Post #444

You know what, poison seems kind of suspicious. I think we should lynch him.

None.

Nov 11 2012, 6:19 am DevliN Post #445

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I vote Tempz for the hell of it.

There are a handful of players I haven't received PMs from. At the rate since all the power roles are coordinated, anyone who hasn't claimed to me is a suspect still.

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 11 2012, 6:35 am OlimarandLouie Post #446

Vote Tempz 2012!

None.

Nov 11 2012, 5:30 pm Bar Refaeli Post #447

I vote Tempz

None.

Nov 12 2012, 2:06 pm Roy Post #448

Day 5 Vote Tally

DevliN: Tempz
OlimarandLouie: Tempz
Bar Refaeli: Tempz (3)

Leading Candidate(s): Tempz

Nov 12 2012, 6:26 pm Tempz Post #449

Everyone needs to eat. This is the reasoning you used when deciding your career path as a culinary arts major. You now run your own business, a local bakery on the northern side of town. You see all sorts of people coming to your humble store to buy your merchandise. Your favorite customer is the regular townsperson: they are on average more polite and warm than the eccentric visitors. But in these dire times, deaths are rising like a delicious pastry, and you're going to knead a miracle to keep the town fresh. Dough!

None.

Nov 12 2012, 6:31 pm DevliN Post #450

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Why would you vote for yourself when everyone was on poison? Or Abstain when Lanth admitted to being Mafia?

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 12 2012, 7:57 pm Bar Refaeli Post #451

I change my vote to Leeroy_Jenkins due to puns.

None.

Nov 12 2012, 8:03 pm DevliN Post #452

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Alright. I vote Leeroy_Jenkins.

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 12 2012, 8:04 pm Bar Refaeli Post #453

Also I vote for 24 hour days now.

None.

Nov 12 2012, 8:51 pm OlimarandLouie Post #454

Quote from Bar Refaeli
Also I vote for 24 hour days now.
I second this, in addition to now voting for Leeroy_Jenkins

None.

Nov 12 2012, 10:34 pm Observer12425 Post #455

I vote for anyone who cannot support a 24 hour day cycle.
...(REVISED) BANDWAGON HO!
I vote Leeroy_Jekins

None.

Nov 13 2012, 12:35 am Roy Post #456

Day 5 Vote Tally

OlimarandLouie: Tempz

Bar Refaeli: Leeroy_Jenkins
DevliN: Leeroy_Jenkins
Observer12425: Leeroy_Jenkins (3)

Leading Candidate(s): Leeroy_Jenkins

Nov 13 2012, 1:16 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #457

👻 👾 👽 💪

What the hell? Why the sudden switch to Leeroy?

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Nov 13 2012, 1:18 am Bar Refaeli Post #458

Because I can't let my mafia partner die. Otherwise I would lose.

None.

Nov 13 2012, 2:01 am OlimarandLouie Post #459

Does it really matter at this point? Town is going to win anyway.

None.

Nov 13 2012, 2:13 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #460

👻 👾 👽 💪

Alright.

Vote Leeroy_Jenkins

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Options
Pages: < 1 « 21 22 23 24 2527 >
  Back to forum