Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: Simple Mafia: Game Over
Simple Mafia: Game Over
Oct 21 2012, 2:08 am
By: Roy
Pages: < 1 « 15 16 17 18 1927 >

Polls

Oct 31 2012, 11:16 pm BiOAtK Post #321

Ugh I feel like I'm in the McCarthy trials.
"What's he charged with?"
"SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR!"

But actually guys, I'm mafia.

None.

Oct 31 2012, 11:24 pm DevliN Post #322

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Seems like quite a few people are guilty of the same thing Kevin is being accused of in that.
I also stand by Kame as a Townie.
I know BiO isn't Mafia. :wub:
I'm not sure what behavioral analysis FaRTy failed other than maybe being awfully quiet this game compared to other games.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 31 2012, 11:50 pm poison_us Post #323

Back* from the grave

To the best of my knowledge, Farty isn't terribly vocal anyways. Hell, I'm far more vocal this game than I normally would be, but that's simply because I had tons of free time on Sunday. And a relative abundance of it on Monday. So by the activity logic I could be Mafia as well, if you're considering it as an aberration of activity.

Oct 31 2012, 11:52 pm Vrael Post #324

Quote from BiOAtK
This is the third time. . .

Also I'd like to make note that "suspicious behavior" is the only thing that we (not including the detective) have to work with -- a far cry from the McCarthy trials which was based in reality, a place where evidence can be produced. "Suspicious behavior" is kinda the whole point of the game.

None.

Oct 31 2012, 11:59 pm DevliN Post #325

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from poison_us
To the best of my knowledge, Farty isn't terribly vocal anyways. Hell, I'm far more vocal this game than I normally would be, but that's simply because I had tons of free time on Sunday. And a relative abundance of it on Monday. So by the activity logic I could be Mafia as well, if you're considering it as an aberration of activity.
To be fair you did already claim to be Mafia earlier in the thread, so there's no point in adding more evidence to that claim. :P

Quote from name:Stacy Keibler
Quote from BiOAtK
This is the third time. . .

Also I'd like to make note that "suspicious behavior" is the only thing that we (not including the detective) have to work with -- a far cry from the McCarthy trials which was based in reality, a place where evidence can be produced. "Suspicious behavior" is kinda the whole point of the game.
Not like we can rely on the Detective other than seeing his reports from a third party. Like when he told me followed BiO on Night 1 and BiO is not Mafia.

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 1 2012, 12:01 am Lanthanide Post #326

Quote from DevliN
Not like we can rely on the Detective other than seeing his reports from a third party. Like when he told me followed BiO on Night 1 and BiO is not Mafia.
Except that it appears there was at least 1 mafia AFK on night 1, so that could easily be Bio.

None.

Nov 1 2012, 12:04 am DevliN Post #327

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

True, though I don't understand why Mafia would choose not to hit on Night 1, and BiO wasn't AFK.

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 1 2012, 4:30 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #328

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from DevliN
I'm not sure what behavioral analysis FaRTy failed other than maybe being awfully quiet this game compared to other games.
I also haven't been on SEN much more than just popping in the shoutbox every few hours, so that might have something to do with it too. :O Work and whatnot.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Nov 1 2012, 4:54 am Tempz Post #329

Quote from DevliN
True, though I don't understand why Mafia would choose not to hit on Night 1, and BiO wasn't AFK.
Most likely an Afker as shifting the vote onto a townie afker would be a waste of the mafia's time. Could also be possible that this person missed the night cycle in which case its someone not very active or afk (only 3 people didn't vote for the last cycle; correct me if I'm wrong here)

None.

Nov 1 2012, 5:10 am DevliN Post #330

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Tempz
Quote from DevliN
Most likely an Afker as shifting the vote onto a townie afker would be a waste of the mafia's time. Could also be possible that this person missed the night cycle in which case its someone not very active or afk (only 3 people didn't vote for the last cycle; correct me if I'm wrong here)
Look at what I was responding to. I do assume that one of the Mafia was AFK on Night 1, unless the other Doc and I just happened to save their same targets. I'm specifically talking about BiO, though, as he was the one the Detective followed on Night 1 and ended up doing nothing but "watch TV" or something like that. Because BiO wasn't AFK when Night 1 took place, he would have had to voluntarily choose not to hit anyone if he was Mafia. It doesn't make sense to me why the Mafia would purposely not use all their hits on Night 1 in a game with basically no clues and very few power roles. So therefore I don't think BiO is Mafia and just sat out Night 1.

And only 1 person didn't vote: JaFF.

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 2 2012, 4:02 am Roy Post #331

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Note: Based on the responses I've received, Night cycles will now only be 24 hours in length. Days will remain at 48-hour cycles.

Night 2

Oh good, you're awake. You may be wondering why you're here. Well, give me a moment to explain. You are interested in hearing me out, are you not? You see, this is my town. Not yours. It never belonged to you. Why do you think it belongs to you? Oh, you don't? Well, I can understand your sudden change of heart. It seems like you were so ambitious before our little encounter, but I suppose I've changed your mind. That's what I'm here to do: change minds.

Don't patronize me. I suppose I should clarify: changing your mind is not going to change your fate.

Let me tell you a story - stop me if you've heard it already.

The town was quiet for the most part. Some slept comfortably in their beds; others stared blankly at the ceiling. A number were walking silently through the streets, either casually or out of anxiety.

"Ain't that a sight?"

"Pardon?"

"Oh, nothing. Say, you don't come here often, do you?"

"Hmph. Don't have a television at home. Came here to watch the game." The man was not interested in talking.

"I see," persisted the man's converser. "What's the score?"

"The away team's under by four." The man paused for a moment. "It's on the screen, you know."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just unfamiliar with this game. I'm used to American sports."

The man sighed. Clearly he was going to be stuck talking all night. "Yeah? Like football?" he asked, pretending to care.

"Uh, more like... Er, yes, like football." The chatter looked out the window again. "I hope we're referring to the same thing."

A person had been hanged, though not by the town's democratic choice. With shoelaces just barely brushing the dirt, she suffered a fatal case of snapped neck. The noose was made by an expert's hands; an act to one-up the executioner's own handiwork, perhaps. NudeRaider didn't even notice the body by the time he left the bar. His follower, however, paused and gave a sarcastic salute to Fire_Kame before continuing to complete what he had set out to do.

Day 2 begins. Cast your vote by Saturday, November 3rd, 11:59PM Eastern.

Nov 2 2012, 4:06 am Leon-037 Post #332

Noooo! Only two kills again?

None.

Nov 2 2012, 4:13 am DevliN Post #333

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I'm alive! :awesome: Thank you other Doctor.

EDIT:
Also clearly a member of Mafia isn't American.

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 2 2012, 5:08 am Lanthanide Post #334

Quote from DevliN
Also clearly a member of Mafia isn't American.
No, you've read the post wrong:

Quote from Roy
Stranger: "Ain't that a sight?"

NudeRaider: "Pardon?"

"Oh, nothing. Say, you don't come here often, do you?"

"Hmph. Don't have a television at home. Came here to watch the game." The man was not interested in talking.

"I see," persisted the man's converser. "What's the score?"

"The away team's under by four." The man paused for a moment. "It's on the screen, you know."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just unfamiliar with this game. I'm used to American sports."

The man sighed. Clearly he was going to be stuck talking all night. "Yeah? Like football?" he asked, pretending to care.

"Uh, more like... Er, yes, like football." The chatter looked out the window again. "I hope we're referring to the same thing."

NudeRaider didn't even notice the body by the time he left the bar. His follower, however, paused and gave a sarcastic salute to Fire_Kame before continuing to complete what he had set out to do.
Nude is in the bar watching those crazy foreign sports they play in Germany. The stranger comes in and isn't familiar with his crazy foreign sports, because the stranger is American.

Also, the stranger could be the vigilante, not just mafia.

None.

Nov 2 2012, 5:11 am DevliN Post #335

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I was just kidding. I didn't think that would be a real clue.

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 2 2012, 5:15 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #336

Well clearly now it is a real clue as to him being American!

None.

Nov 2 2012, 5:31 am OlimarandLouie Post #337

Will the cycle be shortened again if and when the number of players decreases?

None.

Nov 2 2012, 5:38 am DevliN Post #338

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I had the Detective follow someone last night who visited me. I'd like it if the other Doctor can PM me, otherwise I'll assume this person is Mafia.

My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 2 2012, 5:47 am Lanthanide Post #339

Quote from OlimarandLouie
Will the cycle be shortened again if and when the number of players decreases?
And it's been a pretty rapid decrease so far, even with only 3 mafia kills.

None.

Nov 2 2012, 6:46 am Leeroy_Jenkins Post #340

Quote from DevliN
I had the Detective follow someone last night who visited me. I'd like it if the other Doctor can PM me, otherwise I'll assume this person is Mafia.
This is a good lead. Everyone wait on votes until we get this figured out. Stay tuned!

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 15 16 17 18 1927 >
  Back to forum