Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: SEN Smiley Discussion
SEN Smiley Discussion
Oct 12 2012, 8:17 pm
By: DevliN  

Oct 14 2012, 12:29 am TiKels Post #21

Quote from Azrael
And there is nothing wrong with :massimo:, leave it be.
Oh of course. I said it was only borderline too long. It's quasi-acceptable. I like the name enough that I personally would never change it.
Quote from Fire_Kame
Yea I guess it's long but I've always taken that smiley to mean you're like pleading the fifth, or holding your tongue. How about :duress:? Would many of the users even know what that means?
I had to google what duress was, if that tells you anything. I guess ya learn something new everyday.

I still stand by my previous point that no smilies should be removed. Even the particularly large ones.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 14 2012, 12:32 am Azrael Post #22

Quote from Fire_Kame
Yea I guess it's long but I've always taken that smiley to mean you're like pleading the fifth, or holding your tongue.
Quote from Azrael
Maybe :noreply: or :resist:? It seems like the smiley indicates that you want to say something, but are resisting the temptation to do so.

:P

Quote from Fire_Kame
How about :duress:?

How about :constrain:? :awesome:

Oct 14 2012, 12:33 am Fire_Kame Post #23

wth is starcraft

haha I like :constrain: or :gag:

:gag: sounds kinda kinky :ohmy:

Oct 14 2012, 12:37 am Bar Refaeli Post #24

I always felt "under duress" was a common term.

:stfu: could be :asdf: Like that's the sound you'd make if you were being gagged. :gag: is just weird, guys....

None.

Oct 14 2012, 12:55 am Fire_Kame Post #25

wth is starcraft

Quote from name:Raccoon
I always felt "under duress" was a common term.

:stfu: could be :asdf: Like that's the sound you'd make if you were being gagged. :gag: is just weird, guys....

Haha...yea sorry. Got a bit carried away. :X Just being silly, ya know.

Oct 14 2012, 1:02 am Bar Refaeli Post #26

Also maybe add :bleh: to that list. "bleh" sounds more like disgust while :bleh: conveys more "teehee" + :P Azrael suggested :waggle: which sounds weird but could be plausible.

None.

Oct 14 2012, 1:07 am Fire_Kame Post #27

wth is starcraft

:bleh: doesn't need to be changed, I think...and I would hate to derail the conversation from the more "important" issues, like the random ones we don't use. I don't like :waggle: ...sounds like a dog.

Oct 16 2012, 7:42 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #28

👻 👾 👽 💪

Also, while we are at it, can we make :-( to be something more like :'( ? :-( doesn't really make much sense in my mind.

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Oct 17 2012, 3:49 pm Fire_Kame Post #29

wth is starcraft

Quote from O)FaRTy1billion[MM]
Also, while we are at it, can we make :-( to be something more like :'( ? :-( doesn't really make much sense in my mind.
I second this, although I'd have to retrain myself. :bleh: I'm so used to typing it as :-( now...but a :'( would be nice!

Oct 29 2012, 6:45 pm Bar Refaeli Post #30

Are these things ever going to happen or is the purpose of this thread just to remove all of the unimportant smiley spam from the other actually important thread? If anything, then at least change ;-)

None.

Oct 29 2012, 6:51 pm DevliN Post #31

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

My goal was to go through the thread and update the OP with any changes made once I get around to actually changing them. Also yes, it was an attempt to remove the unimportant smiley spam from the other actually important thread. :)

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Nov 9 2012, 5:22 am TiKels Post #32

I think :crazy: should be changed to :eek: as it conveys the emotion of the smilie nicely.

:crazy: just doesn't fit.

Does anyone agree? Also sorry, not trying to necro, but I just remembered I wanted to change that one for awhile, as I really like the smilie.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Nov 9 2012, 9:50 am Dem0n Post #33

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I actually think :crazy: fits quite well. It's not so unrelated that it needs a change. Besides, I (as well as many others, I'm sure) am so used to typing :crazy: that if it got changed, that would just bug the hell out of me.

Nov 9 2012, 7:16 pm LoTu)S Post #34

Quote from TiKels
I think :crazy: should be changed to :eek: as it conveys the emotion of the smilie nicely.

:crazy: just doesn't fit.

Does anyone agree? Also sorry, not trying to necro, but I just remembered I wanted to change that one for awhile, as I really like the smilie.

:crazy: feels like a reaction to what is crazy, so i think it fits well. :eek: would just give a different feel.

None.

Nov 14 2012, 7:15 pm Dem0n Post #35

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I feel like since :<_<: is :<_<:, :><: should be :>_<:. I'm not sure why the latter smiley excludes the underscore, and it doesn't really make sense for two similar smileys to have different formats. Whenever I use :><: (which isn't very often), my first thought is either :>.<: or :>_<:, not :><:.

Options
  Back to forum