Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: The 2012 RPG Event (SC1)
The 2012 RPG Event (SC1)
Oct 9 2012, 9:09 pm
By: Oh_Man  

Oct 9 2012, 9:09 pm Oh_Man Post #1

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

The Starcraft 1 UMS scene has persisted for well over a decade now, even after the release of Starcraft 2. Though some say we are in our twilight years, I, Oh_Man, still strongly believe that SC1 mappers have much more we can offer to a community that still has some good years left.

I mean to host a series of quarterly events of varying genres in an effort to encourage mappers to produce high quality content for the UMS society. Only completed maps go in the running for the $100 prize, a computer peripheral of your choice.

This event focuses on RPGs. We've seen many great RPGs made over the course of SC1's life-span; Spellsword, RUSH, Legacy of Hæan, Fallen Memories. Lately, we've seen tantalising glimpses at many other would-be RPGs; Lost Souls, Wonder, Tenebrous - all, sadly, incomplete.

This is a rich legacy, one that we should aspire to be a part of. You now stand atop the shoulders of giants - poised to craft the next generation of RPGs. What will the community be playing in 2013... and beyond?
That - is up to you.

Sick of that incomplete RPG hanging over your shoulder?
Have a brilliant concept just waiting to be made into an RPG?

Then sign-up and give the community the RPGs they've been waiting for!

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 11 2012, 7:26 pm by Oh_Man.

Options
  Back to forum