Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Chkdraft Project
Chkdraft Project
Oct 9 2012, 12:42 am
By: jjf28
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15

Jun 23 2020, 5:09 pm Oh_Man Post #281

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

I'm hoping I can continue using chkdraft for this because, my understanding of strings is it's per character that determines how many bytes are used, and Korean words use far fewer characters than English words. Thus, as I'm going through, my used string bytes should, by my understanding, actually go DOWN.

EDIT: I should note that the trigger editor is crashing a lot when I go to paste in my updated code. Not when pressing compile, but merely by pasting.

EDIT: Something is going on with the filesize of my map whenever I am compiling it through your program. It started at 95MB and it has since risen to 146MB! I fear what the final size will be when this process is complete! What's going on here??

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 23 2020, 6:59 pm by Oh_Man.

Jun 28 2020, 1:14 am Oh_Man Post #282

Is any of this recognisable to you?

I noticed this pop up during one of my tests, and I searched my triggers for some of the text present here but zero results found.

Never encountered something like this before. Seems to have happened independent of any triggers.

Jun 28 2020, 2:20 am Oh_Man Post #283

Weird stuff is going on with the strings now. Even though I've only changed the text in display text message only, some of the locations which shared these texts are being changed as well. This is creating compilation errors as the triggers are still searching for the English-named locations which have been changed into korean for some reason automatically by chkdraft. It's not really korean it's like that "machine code" korean too...:

x<1F>?<1F>?<1F>?<1F>M q { ? ? <13>!&!`!?!,"?"?"p#?#\\$e$z$?$?$?$ %-%?%<19>&&&5&L&?&?&6'U'?'?'-(?(?(<19>)?)?)p*?*?*<10>+++4+F+Z+?+v,?,<11>-]-k-x-?-?-?-<0C>.g.n.u.?.?.?.?.?.L/<0D>0?0<13>1=1?142d2?2?2?3?3?3<0D>484T4?4<02>5,5P5?5'6V6b6?6<08>7<1D>7R7?7?7?7?7<05>8j8?8?8?8<1E>9'9q9?9?9<0C>:t:?:?:?:?:<0A>;!;7;M;U;b;n;?;?;?;?;?;q\<?\<?\<<12>=!=Y=s=?=?=?=W>?>?>?>:?J?e???6@t@y@?@?@?@2AIArA?A?A?A?A

Actually, opening up my map in SCMDraft, I see string limit is now at 101.1% (662270 bytes). Maybe chkdraft is going whacky because of this?

Jun 29 2020, 2:35 am jjf28 Post #284

Cartography Artisan

EDIT: Something is going on with the filesize of my map whenever I am compiling it through your program. It started at 95MB and it has since risen to 146MB! I fear what the final size will be when this process is complete! What's going on here??

Your maps listfile was incomplete/corrupt - there were several files inside your map which were not listed in the listfile and many which were not used anywhere in the map. Because StormLib was unable to identify several of the files it refused to attempt compacting the map. I wrote a utility and posted it for you in discord to cleanup your map file which in my tests took your map size from 93mb to 63mb and stopped the growth-on-save issue.

The rest of the issues you raised I'll have to tackle at a later date as I'm presently out of time.

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Aug 10 2020, 1:15 am jjf28 Post #285

Cartography Artisan

This release fixes all of the bugs raised by Oh Man as well as several others, in addition to implementing string usage statistics. As a reminder I do not yet support remastered and maps using remastered features (such as new terrain, player colors, or expanded in-game strings) should not be re-saved through Chkdraft.

Attachments:
Chkdraft 2020-08-09.zip
Hits: 1 Size: 1214.64kb

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Aug 10 2020, 1:22 am by jjf28.

Sep 2 2020, 3:35 am Dauer Post #286

Hi there,

When creating a new scenario from scratch, I get a blank map and there's nothing on the minimap either.
I can freely place units and make triggers, just not terrain. I've got all 3 mpqs linked to the tool and existing maps open just fine.
If I open the map in scmdraft, add some terrain, I get the "mpq optimise failed, map size larger than necessary" or so when saving.
I've never really used chkdraft until recently and I can't estimate what dependencies, if any, I might be missing.

None.

Sep 7 2020, 11:58 pm jjf28 Post #287

Cartography Artisan

When creating a new scenario from scratch, I get a blank map and there's nothing on the minimap either.

That is expected, I don't yet have ISOM terrain support so I can't generate map terrain like Staredit/Scmdraft at this time. You can change the dropdown on the toolbar to "tileset indexed" to place individual tiles; though I recommend terraining in Scmdraft for now.

If I open the map in scmdraft, add some terrain, I get the "mpq optimise failed, map size larger than necessary" or so when saving.

Pretty sure that's Scmdraft's issue and not mine, I reported it there

Edit: With the latest Chkdraft and Scmdraft the above mpq optimization issue is no longer present.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 5 2023, 5:10 am by jjf28.

Jun 5 2023, 5:13 am jjf28 Post #288

Cartography Artisan

Release 1.02 / Update 2023-06-05 - Download Latest

Feature Changes:
- Support for loading StarCraft data from remastered data files (or optionally from 1.16.1)
- Support for loading and saving remastered maps without corruption
- Support for STRx, CRGB, rectangular remastered terrain

Bug/Error fixes:
- Stabilized all pre-existing features (hasn't been this stable since starting the 2018 refactor)
- No error dialog when cancelling open-map
- Saves from Chkdraft no longer cause Scmdraft to fail to optimize maps
- idk, tons

Code changes:
- Incorporated CascLib & RareCpp, updated StormLib
- Scenario is now a very simple, reasonably intuitive data structure, Sections.h/.cpp removed, section indirection removed, now serialized with the help of reflection

You can also now get the latest release (or a past release) from git releases

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 5 2023, 5:24 am by jjf28.

Jun 7 2023, 12:45 am jjf28 Post #289

Cartography Artisan

Quick hotfix for the above, this update is solely to fix a critical bug where resaving some maps (not all) resulted in an invalid MPQ. Download Latest

As always, see the chkd/Backups folder to recover your map as it was before it was saved if you need to.

Feb 10 2024, 6:52 pm jjf28 Post #290

Cartography Artisan

Release 1.04 / Update 2024-02-10 - Download Latest

Feature Changes:
- ISOM terran editing completed
- Doodad layer completed
- Sprite layer completed
- Unit placement/paste options completed
- Fog layer completed
- Cut-copy-paste layer completed
- Context menus completed
- Mission briefing editor completed
- Dimensions/resize window completed (except "smooth terrain", which was deferred till after more ISOM documentation/research)
- Sprite properties window completed
- Several more little items completed

Bug/Error fixes/Code changes:
- Lots more bufixes/QA than I'm willing to document, though I'll give two special mentions: fixed GDI leaks (black screen/instability after extended use) which involved encapsulating all use of HDCs, and huge amounts of QOL/stabilization applied to triggers

Mar 28 2024, 2:53 am Wondrous Post #291

Thank you, your work is very helpful.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 13 14 15
  Back to forum