Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: Battle.net - "Appear offline" option soon
Battle.net - "Appear offline" option soon
Sep 20 2012, 3:38 pm
By: Ahli  

Sep 20 2012, 3:38 pm Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

BATTLE.NET - “Appear Offline” Option Coming Soon to Battle.net
--- Battle.net ---

Quote from Blizzard Entertainment
In the coming months, we're planning an update to Battle.net that will give you more control over your online presence when playing Blizzard games. Soon, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, and Diablo III players will be able to select "Appear Offline" as one of their Battle.net social-status options (along with Available, Busy, and Away) for those times when they want to wander Azeroth by their lonesome, dominate the galaxy in radio silence, or slay demons in solitude. When you choose this option as your status, all of your Real ID friends, BattleTag friends, and character-level friends will see you as “Offline” in their friends list whenever you’re logged into a game.

The “Appear Offline” status option will be added to World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, and Diablo III separately in future updates for each game. For Diablo III, we expect to add the feature in a patch after 1.0.5. For World of Warcraft and StarCraft II, we expect to add the option sometime after the release of each game’s upcoming expansion.

Thanks for your continued feedback, and we’ll share more information on the availability of this new feature in the months ahead.

Source

Sep 20 2012, 3:46 pm Zycorax Post #2

Grand Moderator of the Games Forum

I was actually thinking that they should add this function a while back. Can't remember why exactly, as I'm never on b.net, but I use it on Steam sometimes when I want to be left alone.

Sep 20 2012, 8:13 pm Moose Post #3

We live in a society.

Glad to hear they're catching up to Steam. I mean, better late than never. :ermm:

Sep 20 2012, 8:36 pm Oh_Man Post #4

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Hey and Steam finally allowed us to install to different directories.

We could be seeing some sort of e-revolution here. :P

Sep 20 2012, 8:43 pm Fire_Kame Post #5

wth is starcraft

I'm assuming this is for realID, right? That used to bug the crap out of me, because sometimes I'd "hide" from people on other servers when I played WoW, but if they had my realID it was hard to do without setting my status to do not disturb.

Sep 21 2012, 6:27 am UnholyUrine Post #6

How about an
"Actually BE offline" option?

no? ... okay...

None.

Sep 21 2012, 7:14 am Riney Post #7

Thigh high affectionado

This along with many other features that our previous employees now who reside at ArenaNet (Aka Anet) have already added to guild wars 2.

Im seriously tired of blizzard getting all of their ideas from other games / hacking tools that provide good features, like name coloring.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Sep 21 2012, 2:24 pm Dem0n Post #8

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I hardly doubt adding an "appear offline" is an idea stolen by some idea company... Every gaming system/messenger/game has this shit, and just because Blizzard is a few years late to the party doesn't mean that they "stole" it from someone. Of course, it is pretty evident that they only did it after hearing millions of complaints of how such an easy-to-add feature would make the game better, and of course, they took their sweet time adding it. >_>

Sep 21 2012, 2:40 pm Pr0nogo Post #9

It's just a matter of looking at how the scene has evolved. In SC:BW Patch 1.16.1 they added name colouring; it worked great to allow players to differentiate between who was who if you weren't going to remember everyone's username and associated colour for that game. It was thus a given that they were going to continue this practise in SCII, which was supposed to be more competitive than its predecessor (but it has a much lower skill ceiling, so that didn't really happen).

I think this option should have been here since launch, but when you look at their always-online doctrine, I wasn't surprised.

Options
  Back to forum