Staredit Network > Forums > Portal News > Topic: StarCraft II - WoL: Season 8 locked
StarCraft II - WoL: Season 8 locked
Sep 7 2012, 11:37 am
By: Ahli  

Sep 7 2012, 11:37 am Ahli Post #1

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

STARCRAFT II - Season 8 Now Locked and Big Changes Coming Next Season
--- Ladder season ended & change for next season ---

Season 8 comes to an end now as the ladder has been locked and the next season is starting next week on September 11th.

Blizzard also announced ladder changes:
- removal of the rocks on the thirds on Taldarim Altar
- in 3v3 and 4v4 some maps swap.
- new 3v3 map: Silent Dunes which is now playable as a custom game map

Silend Dunes map overview:

Also, the ladder tiers will be removed. Further details:
Quote from Blizzard Entertainment
Ladder Tier Removal

Currently not all divisions within a League are created equal. Individual divisions are actually assigned to different “tiers”, and players are assigned to tiers based on skill. This system hasn't been very transparent, making it difficult to determine your next promotion. For example, if you’re in a lower tiered Diamond division, just getting to Rank 1 doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll see a promotion soon.

With the goal of increasing transparency for ladder players, we’re removing tiers from the ladder with the commencement of 2012 Season 4. The removal of tiers from all leagues will allow players to better gauge exactly where they’re at on the ladder and how far away they are from the next league.

After this change, climbing to (for example) Rank 2 Diamond will mean that you are in the top 2% of all Diamond players, and you are very close to moving into the Master League. Similarly, Rank 50 Platinum is in the top 50% in the Platinum league, and so forth.

We'll be examining how well this works over the course of the coming season, and make a determination if we'll keep the system for the long term or make further adjustments, if needed.

Good luck, have fun!
You can read the whole article here.

Sep 8 2012, 10:26 pm ClansAreForGays Post #2

Can't wait for the division removal. My Rank 1 Master 2v2 will mean something if I get it again.

Also, the new map looks fun.

Sep 9 2012, 12:03 am Pr0nogo Post #3

I don't see how it's different than most of the other standard #v# maps. The centre is the only place Blizzard likes to change things up, and they rarely do a unique job, even then.

Options
  Back to forum