Are We Living In the Darkest Timeline?
Are We Living In the Darkest Timeline?
Answer Votes Percentage % Voters
Yes 1

50%
No 1

50%
Please login to vote.
Poll has 2 votes. You can vote for at most 1 option(s).

Feb 4 2013, 10:50 pm Fire_Kame Post #21

wth is starcraft

The first few seasons of the American the Office are hilarious, and I like Community because I can relate to the characters. I feel like Big Bang Theory panders a lot and I'm not wild about shows that rely on a laugh track. I think Big Bang Theory might make me smile but I can life whole heartedly at Community and I relate to the characters more.

I do see why you're nervous about the show, Devlin. I am too. Just watching the teaser I posted I think it is clear the show is turning more meta and the characters are becoming more Flanderized. Also I saw Pierce in it - I thought that Chevy Chase backed out of Community?

Feb 4 2013, 10:50 pm Lanthanide Post #22

The most recent season of BBT wasn't as good as the earlier ones and I'm not entirely sure why.

The jokes are often quite cliche and repetitious, but there is genuine comedy to be found in that as well. I guess another thing with BBT is that you really have to get a lot of the references they're making about things, or it just goes over your head.

None.

Feb 4 2013, 10:56 pm Fire_Kame Post #23

wth is starcraft

Really? I never felt BBT went over my head. I didn't watch a lot of it - but I also felt like the show was trying to chalk up very simple concepts as being very high level.

Feb 4 2013, 10:57 pm Azrael Post #24

I wish they made a Big Bang Theory that was about anime culture instead of geek culture, that'd be awesome :awesome:

I think the main reason that The Big Bang Theory has become so popular is because it's fairly original. It revolves around a character type that has been extremely neglected in terms of sitcom settings. Both intellectual and geeky characters are generally found few and far between, so having characters which are both of those almost entirely composing the main cast is fresh.

And of course it draws people in who like the same things the main characters are into, and there are a lot of those people.

Plus, some people feel it actually makes them more knowledgeable, and in some instances they're probably right. I know it did a pretty good job of making Schrodinger's cat even more infamous.

Lastly, things like this are neat.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Feb 4 2013, 11:03 pm by Azrael.

Feb 4 2013, 11:00 pm Fire_Kame Post #25

wth is starcraft

The company in Better Off Ted has a LARPing club, does that count? :bleh:

Feb 4 2013, 11:05 pm Lanthanide Post #26

Quote from Fire_Kame
Really? I never felt BBT went over my head. I didn't watch a lot of it - but I also felt like the show was trying to chalk up very simple concepts as being very high level.
I wrote my reply before I saw your one. It also wasn't directed at anyone in this thread, more just an observation that the type of humour in BBT is very heavy on references, so may be why some people don't find it funny.

Quote from Fire_Kame
The company in Better Off Ted has a LARPing club, does that count? :bleh:
Jabberwocky!

None.

Feb 4 2013, 11:12 pm Dem0n Post #27

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Lanthanide
The jokes are often quite cliche and repetitious, but there is genuine comedy to be found in that as well. I guess another thing with BBT is that you really have to get a lot of the references they're making about things, or it just goes over your head.
My sister is a scientist and she says that The Big Bang Theory is actually really funny. ;o

Feb 7 2013, 8:24 pm Fire_Kame Post #28

wth is starcraft

Joel McHale (Jeff) has an AMA going right now.

Options
  Back to forum