Mafia: Organized Entropy
Aug 5 2012, 4:11 am
By: Dem0n
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1016 >

Aug 15 2012, 9:23 pm Fire_Kame Post #141

wth is starcraft

Quote from name:I Iz LEET
Quote from poison_us

As a sidenote: Demon, how the hell was I shot in the chest badly enough that I would die? I was leaning out to see the guy on the roof, and apparently I got a hole in my chest. Not a graze, a damn hole. Who the hell taught you physics? Don't you know you can't curve bullets? And "your" picture doesn't line up with the actual post.
Don't focus so much on the specifics. ;O

Alright, I am seriously confused now. I thought that what made Mafia so fun was what was "hiding" in the details?

I'm monitoring this thread on account I want to run a similar game, so if someone could clear this up I'd appreciate it.

Aug 15 2012, 9:31 pm Raitaki Post #142

@poison_us, Tempz: Didn't Demon say somewhere in the shoutbox around the time he made this thread that there won't be clues in the day/night posts? Demon is that true?

None.

Aug 15 2012, 9:52 pm poison_us Post #143

Back* from the grave

Oh, I'm not looking for clues. There's enough scum that even I can see it. I don't have to try to rely on interpretations when people are this..obvious. What I posted was more a criticism of Demon's continuity errors than anything else.

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from poison_us

As a sidenote: Demon, how the hell was I shot in the chest badly enough that I would die? I was leaning out to see the guy on the roof, and apparently I got a hole in my chest. Not a graze, a damn hole. Who the hell taught you physics? Don't you know you can't curve bullets? And "your" picture doesn't line up with the actual post.

Alright, I am seriously confused now. I thought that what made Mafia so fun was what was "hiding" in the details?

I'm monitoring this thread on account I want to run a similar game, so if someone could clear this up I'd appreciate it.
Demon either slipped up when he was writing, did it on purpose to add a clue, or Tempz forged the picture and his story to go along with the idea of lynching Sac. Sorry, but too much went on during that 30 minute window for me to trust his account.

Either way, I don't think Tempz is town, but it's far too late in the lynch proceedings to change the bandwagon.

Aug 15 2012, 10:01 pm Dem0n Post #144

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from poison_us

I didn't mean don't focus on the clues; I just meant don't focus on what poison was pointing out. And besides, if you step out enough in the open, who knows, maybe someone could get a clean shot on you. ;o

Quote from Raitaki
@poison_us, Tempz: Didn't Demon say somewhere in the shoutbox around the time he made this thread that there won't be clues in the day/night posts? Demon is that true?
Who knows? :awesome:

Aug 15 2012, 10:04 pm NudeRaider Post #145

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

wat? You won't even declare if you're hiding clues or not? That's dumb.

Aug 15 2012, 10:34 pm Fire_Kame Post #146

wth is starcraft

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from poison_us

I didn't mean don't focus on the clues; I just meant don't focus on what poison was pointing out. And besides, if you step out enough in the open, who knows, maybe someone could get a clean shot on you. ;o

A...clean shot of the chest...while he's leaning out of a window? :ermm:

Aug 15 2012, 10:40 pm poison_us Post #147

Back* from the grave

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from poison_us

A...clean shot of the chest...while he's leaning out of a window? :ermm:
Not out of a window, leaning away from the side of my house.

It took him a few moments to realize where the shadow was coming from, but when he realized where it originated, he quickly pushed himself up against the siding of his home and looked up.

The roof. He tried to look up at an angle where he could see whoever was up there, but they could not see him. As he exposed himself more and more to get a better view, he suddenly heard a quiet bang. He looked down and noticed a small hole in his chest.
If I didn't know any better, I'd say it would have to be a mafia shooting me from in front as I'm looking up at someone else. That's the only way that particular situation could possibly make sense, unless I try to look up at an angle, slowly exposing myself, and then jump out into the open, which didn't happen.

Sigh. Oh well.

FUCK PHYSICS THIS IS MAFIA.

Aug 15 2012, 10:43 pm Dem0n Post #148

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Current Vote Tally

Positively -> Sacrieur
Sand Wraith -> Sacrieur
rayNimagi -> Sacrieur
Tempz -> Sacrieur
Raitaki -> Sacrieur
BiOAtk -> Sacrieur
Wing Zero -> Sacrieur
omginbd -> Sacrieur
xAngelSpiritx -> Sacrieur
poison_us -> Sacrieur

Currently up for lynching: Sacrieur

Aug 16 2012, 3:01 am rayNimagi Post #149

Quote from poison_us
Now the more I think about it the less I think Sac is a mafia. At least as of right now.
If Sacrieur isn't Mafia, why did he kill Azrael?

Regarding Tempz, I guess we'll just have to wait and have the Analyst decipher the message. That should reveal whether Tempz's info is real or fake.

Win by luck, lose by skill.

Aug 16 2012, 3:43 am Raitaki Post #150

Regarding Tempz, I guess we'll just have to wait and have the Analyst decipher the message. That should reveal whether Tempz's info is real or fake.
That is a good idea.

I just hope that that thing isn't fake and Demon won't do something like cook up random stuff and shove it to the Analyst even if he submits fakes for analysis ;o

None.

Aug 16 2012, 3:51 am Azrael Post #151

Quote from Fire_Kame

What makes Mafia so fun is behavioral analysis, plotting against and attempting to outmaneuver your enemies, making alliances with allies and trying to infiltrate the alliances of your enemies, things like that.

"Clues", aka the host directly interfering in the game that the players are supposed to be playing and using his knowledge of all the players' roles to change the outcome of the game, aren't fun and the game is never better because of them. It is usually much worse.

The game is about behavioral analysis and limited information. The setup for this game was actually very good (especially considering it is Demon hosting :awesome:). The Town will probably lose, but it is entirely their own fault.

If the Mafia play better, the Mafia should win. I don't want the host to come in and tell everyone who all the Mafia are for the sake of some extremely flawed idea of "balance". It isn't "balance" to constantly handicap whichever side happens to be winning at any given time. That's the opposite of balanced.

When you do much better than your opponents, you should win, not be penalized severely by some omnipotent, omniscient jackass that has the erroneous belief he should be the one deciding what direction the game goes in.

The game should be balanced, from design to execution, for the players to determine the outcome of the game on their own.

Quote from Raitaki
Who knows? :awesome:
Quote from NudeRaider
wat? You won't even declare if you're hiding clues or not? That's dumb.

I didn't declare if I was hiding clues or not either when I hosted. He may influence the game one way or the other if he makes an official statement on it (especially mid-game).

The best policy is to not have public clues, but to let players assume there are clues if they want to.

At any rate, I will certainly play the next Mafia game that Demon hosts. Assuming he doesn't do something ridiculous between now and the end of the game, I would consider this game of Mafia to be pretty much a total success, and I'm impressed with his conduct as a host.

Aug 16 2012, 2:40 pm Riney Post #152

Thigh high affectionado

I vote Sacrieur

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Aug 16 2012, 3:10 pm poison_us Post #153

Back* from the grave

Quote from rayNimagi
Quote from poison_us
Now the more I think about it the less I think Sac is a mafia. At least as of right now.
If Sacrieur isn't Mafia, why did he kill Azrael?
No idea. Hell, I've had Azrael on my own team before, shared my role PM and everything but still wanted to kill him. Maybe it's because he's special? :awesome:

Aug 16 2012, 3:21 pm Raitaki Post #154

Everyone knows all the USS bastards are double-faced

:wob:

None.

Aug 16 2012, 3:23 pm poison_us Post #155

Back* from the grave

Maybe you meant to type USA? I know of no "USS bastards".

Aug 16 2012, 3:25 pm Raitaki Post #156

Umbrella Security Service :facepalm:
Az's avatar is obviously the Umbrella icon.

None.

Aug 16 2012, 3:47 pm poison_us Post #157

Back* from the grave

Oh, nonono. Umbrella as a whole is not double faced. Just the elite.

Aug 17 2012, 3:50 am Dem0n Post #158

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Day 1 has been extended by ONE hour due to EST/EDT ambiguity.

Aug 17 2012, 4:13 am TiKels Post #159

I vote sac

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Aug 17 2012, 4:59 am Sacrieur Post #160

Still Napping

I perform an executive decision, changing the single lynch into a triple lynch.

I vote poison_us.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1016 >
  Back to forum