Choir music?
Jul 27 2012, 5:26 pm
By: M-RP)Dreamscape  

Jul 27 2012, 5:26 pm M-RP)Dreamscape Post #1

I love things like

Or the select track of the SC2 soundtrack "I, Mengsk" where you hear the male vocals. (1:40 - 3:34)

However, I've never been able to find anything as such on youtube nor google searches. On a rare occasion, I came across Luigi Cherubini's "Requiem" .

Can anyone give me some more pieces to listen to like these? I'd highly appreciate it. I'm not sure what to look for, and I've tried to search quite a bit, but always end up looking at something stupid or nowhere near the subject I was searching for. If you don't happen to know any, I'd appreciate at least being thrown a bone so I know what to search for rather than having to go on a blind manhunt.

None.

Jul 27 2012, 5:55 pm TiKels Post #2

Do you live in the US? Try pandora. If you don't live in the US, you could try a proxy server to get on pandora if you're willing to do that.

Make a new youtube account and watch and like only videos that have the sort of male vocals you like. You might be able to get some recommended videos that way. The problem you reach though is that all (except the last) the videos you listed are all probably pretty entangled within their own universes of relevant videos.

I can't think of much else for you.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jul 27 2012, 6:03 pm M-RP)Dreamscape Post #3

I am in the US, and I'm familiar with Pandora though I didn't think it would help. I can give it a shot. And I think your idea may work, but I lack videos that have the male vocals I like. Not sure if Pandora will recognize Lord of the Rings, Lol.

None.

Jul 27 2012, 6:04 pm TiKels Post #4

I'd go off of the composer you listed for pandora, actually, since I found some of his works on there.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jul 27 2012, 6:32 pm IskatuMesk Post #5

Lord of the Locker Room

If my massive (1.5tb) music collection wasn't on its deathbed from the recent HD crisis, I'd go through and name a bunch for you. But, it is, since here's the best I can do.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5DBAEF7130648440&feature=plcp

Youtube has deleted over 3/4 of the videos that used to be a part of this playlist, so it's a bit empty. But there's still a lot of choiral stuff in there. Stuff that got nuked included Towards The Terra, Fairy Tail, and other japanese soundtracks.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Options
  Back to forum