By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 2 3 412 >

Jun 29 2012, 6:32 pm jjf28 Post #21

Cartography Artisan

I'll play

May the odds be ever in your favor
:D

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Jul 4 2012, 10:00 pm Kaias Post #22

I am extending it by 1 day, so that we can work on maps on the 15th as well. Unfortunately I'm unable to update the OP to reflect this (because of some bug).

None.

Jul 4 2012, 10:19 pm Jack Post #23

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Can you post in the thread around a day before the competition starts, stating how many hours until we can start working? Time zones are annoying and I'm tired and busy for the next couple of days and don't want to have to think about it.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 5 2012, 12:11 am Kusari Post #24

fucking awesome, i can't wait to start! :bleh:

None.

Jul 5 2012, 3:27 am Kaias Post #25

Quote from Jack
Can you post in the thread around a day before the competition starts, stating how many hours until we can start working? Time zones are annoying and I'm tired and busy for the next couple of days and don't want to have to think about it.
Sure.

None.

Jul 5 2012, 2:27 pm Jim_Raynor Post #26

My name is Church.

I'm not able to use livestream. Would I be able to record myself as I map using FRAPS or something and put it on youtube for each daily update?

Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Jul 5 2012, 4:06 pm Dem0n Post #27

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

If you can't stream it, you can just post your map each week (or was it day?) here.

Jul 5 2012, 5:10 pm Roy Post #28

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
If you can't stream it, you can just post your map each week (or was it day?) here.
Common sense says that since the contest is only a week long, it is a daily task to post your map's progress. Otherwise you'd basically just be posting the finished product.

Jul 5 2012, 5:17 pm Dem0n Post #29

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

oh lawls, forgot that it was one week. I think I was thinking of Pronogo's contest. ;O

Jul 5 2012, 6:10 pm poison_us Post #30

Back* from the grave

Still, I don't like the idea of putting up my map for the world to see, especially if it's not complete. Then again, it's not like too many in the world care about SCI mapping.

Oh, and also don't expect too much. Just found out my brother will be living with us for a bit with his wife and kid (visiting from GA). He's got some time before he gets shipped overseas. Should be arriving Wednesday, so I aught to have some time to poop out as much as I can. No idea when he leaves.

Jul 5 2012, 6:58 pm Kusari Post #31

I guess i'll try a fast-motion video of my mapping (i'll surely forgot to upload the map everyday).
Even if it has shit quality all we need is to prove we made the map during the contest week right?

making some disk space...

None.

Jul 5 2012, 9:37 pm Kaias Post #32

You can pm or email your map to me (kaiassc@gmail.com) if you don't want your progress maps to be publicly view-able.

But really, people should just man up. We all know that some people will have more time than others and some people are more experienced than others. Part of why I'm doing this contest is for the fun of seeing each other's mapping processes.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jul 5 2012, 9:43 pm by Kaias.

None.

Jul 5 2012, 9:39 pm Oh_Man Post #33

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

I don't care to see progress reports I will just be viewing the end results.

Jul 5 2012, 11:23 pm FuNkY Post #34

Quote from Kaias
You can pm or email your map to me (kaiassc@gmail.com) if you don't want your progress maps to be publicly view-able.

But really, people should just man up. We all know that some people will have more time than others and some people are more experienced than others. Part of why I'm doing this contest is for the fun of seeing each other's mapping processes.

Perfect, cuz i can't livestream lol..
How would you tell if i made it from scratch or not? o.o.... start from showing you a small part? (ex: terrain.)

Jul 6 2012, 2:47 am Jack Post #35

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from FuNkY
Quote from Kaias

Perfect, cuz i can't livestream lol..
How would you tell if i made it from scratch or not? o.o.... start from showing you a small part? (ex: terrain.)
We're using the honour system; that is, we can't prove you started the map from scratch but we trust you to and it's on your honour to do so.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Jul 6 2012, 5:54 am Moose Post #36

We live in a society.

The secret is to take a complete but never released work and go through it undoing roughly 15% of the work at a time and saving the map until you have seven files. Then you submit them in reverse order as your daily progress and win with your map that you secretly put a couple of years into. Solid strategy, amirite? :rolleyes:

Jul 6 2012, 6:17 pm Dem0n Post #37

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

So... how many of you guys have actually planned something? I think I'm just going to wing it. :awesome:

Jul 6 2012, 10:32 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #38

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
The secret is to take a complete but never released work and go through it undoing roughly 15% of the work at a time and saving the map until you have seven files. Then you submit them in reverse order as your daily progress and win with your map that you secretly put a couple of years into. Solid strategy, amirite? :rolleyes:

Sounds about right

None.

Jul 7 2012, 6:34 pm Hublo Post #39

So, the contest starts "today", midnight? on which time zone? CST, everyone?
And do we have to livestream? If so, I don't know how to do that.
Or do we only have to upload our map daily? If so, where do we upload it?

Sorry for all these questions

None.

Jul 7 2012, 7:01 pm Kaias Post #40

Contest starts in 12 hours.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 412 >
  Back to forum