Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: 1-Week Summer Contest (Discussion)
1-Week Summer Contest (Discussion)
May 7 2012, 5:19 pm
By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8

Jun 11 2012, 9:08 pm FuNkY Post #141

i doubt i would be able to livestream..

Jun 11 2012, 9:21 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #142

Quote from FuNkY

Yeah I agree... I'm assuming the idea is to make sure people don't cheat... Why not just have a bizarre theme? Plus, it's not like anyone is going to analyze 30 hours (or however many) of each contestant's mapping videos to ensure they did not cheat, AND it wouldn't be that hard to fake a livestream of you mapping out a map you already made. No one would notice if the next time you went to re-open your map there was a lot more done in it. NOT TO MENTION it is a cumbersome and ridiculous request. This is why themes exist in mapping contests.

None.

Jun 11 2012, 9:33 pm LoveLess Post #143

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
Quote from FuNkY

Yeah I agree... I'm assuming the idea is to make sure people don't cheat... Why not just have a bizarre theme? Plus, it's not like anyone is going to analyze 30 hours (or however many) of each contestant's mapping videos to ensure they did not cheat, AND it wouldn't be that hard to fake a livestream of you mapping out a map you already made. No one would notice if the next time you went to re-open your map there was a lot more done in it. NOT TO MENTION it is a cumbersome and ridiculous request. This is why themes exist in mapping contests.
It actually isn't to rule out cheating. More of a "fuck it, for fun and to show off" aspect. Pretty sure it is totally optional since I doubt everyone has the capability.

None.

Jun 11 2012, 9:35 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #144

Oh, alright. Didn't want to search through all these replies to find the answer :P The original post really should have updated information on it.

None.

Jun 15 2012, 2:33 am Cadia- Post #145

Quote from Leeroy_Jenkins
Oh, alright. Didn't want to search through all these replies to find the answer :P The original post really should have updated information on it.

yes it should

None.

Jun 15 2012, 2:50 pm killer7008 Post #146

sounds cool

None.

Jun 15 2012, 4:30 pm Cinolt Post #147

awesome contest

None.

Jun 15 2012, 4:32 pm TiKels Post #148

Are you going to join, yoonkwun? (i'd still rather call you captainfalcon, man)

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jun 16 2012, 2:24 pm Cadia- Post #149

the only thing i object to so far is having to live stream beacuse not every one will be able to, i think that should be changed

None.

Jun 16 2012, 2:34 pm TiKels Post #150

Quote from Cadia-
the only thing i object to so far is having to live stream beacuse not every one will be able to, i think that should be changed
It's optional.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Jun 16 2012, 11:40 pm Cadia- Post #151

oh ok thats good beacuse in the main page it says its manditory

None.

Jun 19 2012, 2:16 pm Pr0nogo Post #152

Good breeding ground for my one-shots.

Since our creativity is being restricted to no mods and little preparation before mapping begins, I assume we're being disallowed the opportunity to think of a plot or write a script for our submission until the contest starts sometime in twenty years.

/e if livestreaming is still something that needs to happen you can bet I'm going to be ranting the whole time.

Jun 19 2012, 2:59 pm Oh_Man Post #153

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

Lol well obviously no one can stop you or even know that you are thinking of a plot or writing a script, so why would it be disallowed..............

Jun 19 2012, 4:22 pm Pr0nogo Post #154

http://www.livestream.com/starcraftiibetalive Here's my livestream, videos leading up to the contest's beginning are just going to be my boredom and insanity, so yeah.

Yes, disallowing mods is a lot of red tape when I want to voice act new heroes/units, include new units, include new spells, include new graphics, or for fuck's sake have it so that people don't have to mute their music to experience the briefing or in-game music that I hand-pick and/or craft myself. Yeah, it's a pretty big inconvenience to the PLAYER for me to not be able to use mods.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 19 2012, 11:00 pm by Roy. Reason: Merged posts

Jun 19 2012, 8:21 pm Leeroy_Jenkins Post #155

Quote from Pr0nogo
Yes, disallowing mods is a lot of red tape when I want to voice act new heroes/units, include new units, include new spells, include new graphics, or for fuck's sake have it so that people don't have to mute their music to experience the briefing or in-game music that I hand-pick and/or craft myself. Yeah, it's a pretty big inconvenience to the PLAYER for me to not be able to use mods.

The majority of players do not mod, so the only inconvenience would be if there were mods allowed.

None.

Jun 19 2012, 11:05 pm Roy Post #156

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Let's keep arguments on whether or not mods should be excluded from mapping contests a conversation for another topic, or the shoutbox. This is Kaias' topic, and he ultimately decided to exclude mods fairly early into this discussion. If you don't like it, don't compete; consider running your own contest with a more mod-friendly rule set.

Please try to stay on topic. Yes, some of you are upset that mods aren't allowed, but this isn't the place to talk about it.

Jun 20 2012, 12:21 am Pr0nogo Post #157

If you say so, ol' buddy ol' pal.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8
  Back to forum