Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Contests > Topic: 1-Week Summer Contest (Discussion)
1-Week Summer Contest (Discussion)
May 7 2012, 5:19 pm
By: Kaias
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >

May 9 2012, 4:59 am Roy Post #21

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Kaias
What weeks work best for you guys?
All weeks are basically the same for me. I'd say, "The later, the better," but that's just because I procrastinate by nature.

May 9 2012, 7:53 pm The Starport Post #22

Quote from Kaias
Quote from name:Tuxlar
I could participate, if I have time.
Judging by your Terraria video, you do.
Not sure about this summer, though.

None.

May 11 2012, 3:41 am Dem0n Post #23

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I'll do it. Hopefully I'll actually have time to finish something over the summer. ;o

May 11 2012, 1:07 pm Oh_Man Post #24

Find Me On Discord (Brood War UMS Community & Staredit Network)

OK since there is no interest for 3 month comp I will offer one ~$100 prize for this competition. Who I give this to will be solely at my discretion.

Here are what you can choose from, you can suggest anything around the $100 mark and I will add it.

MICE
Collapse Box

Collapse Box

Collapse Box

KEYBOARDS
Collapse Box

Collapse Box

Collapse Box

AUDIO
Collapse Box

Collapse Box

Collapse Box

SURFACES
Collapse Box

Collapse Box

MISC
Collapse Box

Razer
Steelseries
Logitech

How will I get it?
After I choose the winner send me the details I will ask for and then it will get shipped out to your address/PO box.
I will make every stage of the process visible (I can black out personal info) so no one can accuse me of foul play if something goes wrong.

Why only one prize?
This is only a 1 week competition so I am not expecting very much from it and my prize reflects that. 3 months of mapping is a bigger commitment from mappers so I would have offered bigger prizes. The way I see it, it is like gambling. I am offering up this in the hope that it will be recouped as a bunch of fun maps to play.

What will increase my chance of winning?
* Don't make a shit map.
* Actually finish the map. I'm sick of seeing strings of incomplete maps that had so much potential.
* Innovation can be good but a really polished map with zero innovation can be just as good if not better.

Good luck!

May 11 2012, 1:42 pm Tempz Post #25

Oh_man... make a thread for your Contest instead of hopping onto this one?... And can you make team for the contests.

If teams are allowed I would like to volunteer my services as a terrain-er... I will work for minerals (35 minerals regardless whether you win or not) (100 minerals if you win) (to spawn more Lings kee kee) unless Oh_man can give me some of the prize money in actual money (paypal)

None.

May 11 2012, 8:13 pm DevliN Post #26

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

No teams.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 11 2012, 8:18 pm Oh_Man Post #27

People can voice their interest in the 2011 rpg thread. I don't know about teams though I've rarely seen them work. Meh I suppose I would allow it.

May 11 2012, 9:40 pm FoxWolf1 Post #28

At least a couple of us have already expressed interest on that thread, so I wouldn't say there's "no interest." A dedicated thread would be nice, though.

None.

May 11 2012, 10:00 pm TiKels Post #29

This sounds good. I could be interested, and I wouldn't mind streaming it either! I just started using http://www.twitch.tv/tikels shameless plug too!

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 12 2012, 4:24 am qPirateKing Post #30

Oh cool, I'm about 95% done with an entry for this!

Oddly enough, I started a map on the 7th -- a mere 10 hours after this thread was posted -- but did not see this thread until a couple of minutes ago.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 12 2012, 4:31 am by qPirateKing.

None.

May 12 2012, 5:23 am DevliN Post #31

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

But the contest hasn't started yet. :/

My Overwatch addiction.

May 12 2012, 6:23 am qPirateKing Post #32

Lol, I should learn to read. Whatever though, I'm happy to have made a map -- contest or no.

None.

May 12 2012, 9:28 am poison_us Post #33

Back* from the grave

Quote from DevliN
I'd rather see this than the 3 month contest. I probably wont have time to participate, but I'm really excited to see what you guys come up with.
This. If I had to pick one, the week-long would be better. That's about all the time I would have to waste on something that's not FireFall/DF/PoE/MW3 before I lose any self-respect I have for going back to MW3.

On a side note, IF I participate, you shouldn't expect much. Probably just some recycled idea of mine that I revamp and get halfway done, to abandon and forego any intellectual rights I might otherwise claim.

EDIT: Oh, and I do plan on recording everything in fraps, rather than livestreaming. I see no point in even making livestreaming mandatory, so this should suffice.

P.S.: I may will throw in a simple easter egg, as well :awesome:

May 12 2012, 9:56 am Tempz Post #34

i was refering to oh_man's contest

None.

May 12 2012, 7:40 pm Azrael Post #35

I'm in, assuming it takes place after June. I'll be back in the country around the 4th of July, but starting July 15th or later would be most ideal for me.

May 12 2012, 8:32 pm Oh_Man Post #36

Damn qpk should have kept your mouth shut you could have submitted it to this contest no one would be the wiser. :bleh:

I was gonna make a separate thread IF there was enough interest which there isn't I wanted like at least 10 so far there is like 2.
Any1 who is interested just post in 2011 RPG or send me PM.

We could have two contests, I would wait for this one to finish before doing mine. And mine will have first and second place prizes only because I am using some of my money for this contest as well.

May 13 2012, 4:27 am samsizzle Post #37

Count me in... I'm free pretty much anytime after May. Gonna start planning for this contest.

None.

May 13 2012, 8:20 am Jack Post #38

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I may be in for the 1 week one, probably would be in for the 3 month one, and if I get a PC anytime soon then definitely in for both.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 14 2012, 8:59 pm Hublo Post #39

I'm in for both, got plenty of time to waste!! Let it begin tomorrow.

None.

May 14 2012, 10:44 pm DevliN Post #40

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I highly doubt either will begin tomorrow...

My Overwatch addiction.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 48 >
  Back to forum