Changing Textures of a unit:
1. Get the name of the texture from model previewer. It's something like "marine_diffuse_blood".
2. Go to the model, edit the texture declarations, add an entry in the top box, select it, add an entry in the middle box. Then edit the "Trigger on Substring" to use the texture name you just looked up. Set the slot to "main". If you have different areas in the model (for example thor), you can switch to use other slot names like hair or body. Sadly I've no list of these names and I don't know how to find all slot names.
3. You need to create a new texture object in the editor, too. You need to set the slot to the slot you used before like "main" and then you can append the usage of the texture as diffuse or specular or normal with this information as a suffix added after a "." as seen on the screenshot. So you just write "main.diffuse" to change the diffuse texture in the main slot. Don't forget to select your new texture that should be applied.
4. You can trigger the texture change whenever you want in actors. You just need an event. If the unit should always have another texture, you can use "ActorCreation" as the event. Else you could trigger it with a behavior.
5. Test the map and check out your result.
- Textures can only used by one unit type at one slot at once. So you might need to create multiple textures to overcome this issue.
- These changes aren't seen in the terrain module of the editor, you need to test the map to see the changes.