Starcraft 2 Fastest
Apr 22 2012, 4:32 pm
By: Endless  

Apr 22 2012, 4:32 pm Endless Post #1

TGLab Presents
Fastest Space
Created by Endless and Firebat

Map Info

This is a Starcraft 2 remake of the popular Starcraft 1 Fastest Possible Map VGT Space. This map is unique in that its resource flow is similar to that of SC1 Fastest maps rather than providing nigh-unlimited resources and eliminating strategy.

Features
  1. Unlimited Workers Can Mine
  2. Chokes Scaled To SC1 Fastest
  3. Community Site

Promotion and community building

In an effort to popularize the map, I've created a community site, TGLab.tk, where you can find players and tournaments. Players also will be directed to channel TGLab for finding other players.

Finding Games

You can find the map to play with your friends by searching for "TGLab Fastest Space" on the NA Server, and selecting the map published by "Endless". Please make sure to click "Open to Public" so that the map gains popularity. You can also find players in the channel "TGLab" or on the community site "TGLab.TK"

Please help rebuild the fastest community^^

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Apr 22 2012, 10:00 pm by Endless.

None.

Apr 22 2012, 5:15 pm Roy Post #2

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Moved to showcase forum.

It would be nice if you provided some screenshots of the actual map. I want to see how close you kept it to the original.

Apr 22 2012, 10:01 pm Endless Post #3

Added. We've replicated SC1's Fastest dimensions to the tile.

None.

Apr 22 2012, 10:17 pm Ahli Post #4

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Endless
Added. We've replicated SC1's Fastest dimensions to the tile.
Watch the left and right middle base's chokes:

And then look at yours:

But at least you made the map close to symmetrical.

Apr 22 2012, 10:25 pm DevliN Post #5

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Looks like the original fastest map was imbalanced for middle-right. I think the SC2 version's symmetry is much better, although it looks like mid-left's choke is thinner than mid-right's.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Apr 22 2012, 11:14 pm Jack Post #6

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

I'm not a pro fastest player so I could be totally wrong but because mid left and right, and top and bottom have shorter entryways, they should have wider entries to offset the fact that their defences will stick out into the center, unlike the diagonals. Having said that, their defence will be weaker because it has more ground to cover and is more accessible.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Apr 23 2012, 1:00 am ClansAreForGays Post #7

Just played the fastest that's out already.

It's horrid and I thank you.

Apr 23 2012, 1:05 am Moose Post #8

We live in a society.

Quote from Jack
a pro fastest player
I'm sorry, a what? :lol:

Apr 23 2012, 1:48 am Jack Post #9

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from Jack
a pro fastest player
I'm sorry, a what? :lol:
<.< some people are really good at it, even though the skill level is lower than melee it has its own strategy to it.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Options
  Back to forum