Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Melee Map Projects > Topic: (6) Redheart SE
(6) Redheart SE
Apr 14 2012, 11:57 pm
By: Cardinalallin  

Apr 14 2012, 11:57 pm Cardinalallin Post #1

(6) Redheart SE
A 3vs3 player map where allies spawn together under Use Map Settings.

Features:
1. Defeat screen only when you and your allies have all died.

2. Map is greyed out at the start of the game rather than blacked out, so the layout of bases and terrain is visible.

3. Slots for two observers.

Download (6)Redheart SE from this page

None.

Apr 22 2012, 7:45 am UnholyUrine Post #2

Looks great.

Entrances to base might be too tight, which may favor Terran.
You could try opening the middle or put destructible P12 buildings there.

None.

Apr 22 2012, 3:36 pm Dem0n Post #3

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Yeah, the middle min onlys may not be the best idea. The middle may get too cluttered with them. If you do keep them, though, put some turret room between the minerals and the cliffs behind them.

May 9 2012, 11:55 am Cardinalallin Post #4

Thanks for the comments.
@UnholyUrine, I agree this map might need a 3rd entrance. I might put a team gate that opens/closes. But I might leave this map with only two thin entrances though. Havent decided because I havent playetested this one much.
You may notice the naturals are actually very similar to New Empire of the Sun at 12 and 6 o clock and Fortress SE at 3 and 9 o clock.

@Dem0nS1ayer, I think your probably right, cheers for suggestion.

Also, can anyone help with this small problem. I have set the player colours on team 1 to be Blue Red and Yellow. I found out that the map has to be scx file rather than scm for custom colours to work so I did that. Whilst ingame they display correctly. However, when viewing the aftergame statistics, both the Blue and Red players appear as Blue on the menu. Does anybody know why this is?

None.

May 9 2012, 6:46 pm Dem0n Post #5

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The colors on the stats screen will be messed up if you use custom colors. There's no way to fix it.

Options
  Back to forum