Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Footmen [US]
Footmen [US]
Apr 11 2012, 2:39 pm
By: SKC  

Apr 11 2012, 2:39 pm SKC Post #1

Overview of the Map. Looks boring? Wait until you played it....

Footmen has been one of the TOP10 mods @ EU ever since it got released in September 2010.
Now it is available @ NA server, so what are you waiting for?

Footmen [US] by SKC
About the map:
Footmen is a 3v3v3v3 autospawning map with heroes. It is inspired by "Footmen Frenzy" from WarCraft 3. The basic gameplay is quite similar to maps like "Marine Arena" or "Zealot Frenzy". Every player got a main building, which spawns units permanently. Additionally, every player gets a hero. Killing enemy units / heroes gives you EXP & money which you can use to upgrade your main building to spawn better units, buy new weapons, armors or other stuff for your hero, buy special units to support your army or many other things.Your hero will level up by getting EXP which allows him to lean skills and become stronger and stronger. You also can set the heroes attribute points (agility, strength, intelligence) to turn him rather into an assassin, a tank or a spell caster.
Footmen allows a large variety of play-styles.
You may go rather unit focussed or hero-based, you can turn your hero into a fast assassin to snipe enemy heroes or a devastating killing machine with a rocket launcher to rip enemy armies within seconds. You can build a mobile, fast army or a slow but stong one. There lots of different weapons, items and special units to support your play-style, even some secret items and hidden units can be found.
Players also get experience by playing & winning Footmen games to unlock special features when you reach higher levels.

Features:
- 21 different basic tier-spawning unit types
- more then 10 unique heroes with powerful spells and abilities
- many devastating wepons for you hero such as the Flamethrower, the Super Grenade Launcher or the Acid Launcher
- armors, accessories and many other items for your hero
- special units to support you army
- secret items & units
- experience based leveling system for the players to unlock special units, items and gimmicks

The map has always been developing ever since it got released almost a year ago and there has been added tons of new stuff, such as new heroes, items or units. Also as lot of balancing has been applied. Of course the map will be worked on in the future, too. As long as someone plays it, ill keep working on it and add new stuff, balance, or do, whatever it takes to make it even better.

So, have a try, the Map is called "Footmen [US]" (author: SKC)

http://www.facebook.com/FootmenSC2

please, god, let this guy be afk just for another 5 sec

this is where you buy you weapons; we have anything you desire, grenade or rocket launcher, shotgun or laser canon, what's it gonna be?

Letsplay:

Post has been edited 7 time(s), last time on Apr 11 2012, 2:49 pm by SKC.

None.

Apr 11 2012, 6:08 pm UnholyUrine Post #2

Looks amazingly like that one massing game... but with Heroes

I know my friends always play this in WC3, so i'll check this out.

None.

Options
  Back to forum