Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: WHO WANTS TO PLAY DND? :D
WHO WANTS TO PLAY DND? :D
Mar 1 2012, 2:27 am
By: FatalException
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1017 >

Mar 16 2012, 7:15 am EzDay281 Post #141

IRC would likely be best, as it's just chat. Skype could work if we all have mics, but often I like typing better than talking as it's easier to understand.
I use Skype for text conversation far, far more often than I do voice.
In fact, statistically, it's mostly supplanted dedicated text IM services for me.
Interface is suboptimal for text, though; too much clutter.

None.

Mar 16 2012, 2:12 pm rockz Post #142

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from EzDay281
Interface is suboptimal for text, though; too much clutter.
which is why it only works if we have mics, or at least most of us have mics, and are willing to talk into them. IRC has a better interface for just text.

Quote from DevliN
Your "Hit Die" is d6 rather than 3d6.
"hit die" is indeed d*
"hit dice" is the number of hit dice you have, so everyone playing has 3 hit dice. In my case, I don't have just one hit die (d12 and d8) so it doesn't really make sense to say either.

Also, as a drow, your level is augmented by 1 due to natural drow abilities, so you should really only be level 2. It's up to the DM if he wants to allow the powerful subraces like aasimar and drow without the level penalty. Also, those are the most overpowered weapons I've ever seen.

Your +2 full plate is also 5500 gp.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 16 2012, 4:43 pm by rockz.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 16 2012, 8:19 pm FatalException Post #143

Drow and aasimar characters don't have any racial hit dice in Pathfinder, and Sac already said it was ok.

Also, that's +1 fullplate. I got the same thing. :P

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Mar 17 2012, 2:43 am by FatalException.

None.

Mar 16 2012, 10:08 pm Positively Post #144

Quote from FatalException
No preparation as in something you throw together in a couple days. I'd at least like to get started on something sooner than July.

Are you serious right now? o_o If it starts in July I'm probably out, sorry

None.

Mar 16 2012, 10:11 pm DevliN Post #145

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from rockz
As FE said, it's a +1 Full Plate. All my gear and equipment is under the gold limit. I double-checked. My sheet is fine.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 17 2012, 12:42 am FatalException Post #146

Quote from Positively
No preparation as in something you throw together in a couple days. I'd at least like to get started on something sooner than July.

Are you serious right now? o_o If it starts in July I'm probably out, sorry
Sac wants to start his gigantic beautiful campaign in July, but we're going to start playing in a week or two because I anticipated this response. :P

None.

Mar 17 2012, 2:21 am rockz Post #147

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

Quote from DevliN
Quote from rockz
As FE said, it's a +1 Full Plate. All my gear and equipment is under the gold limit. I double-checked. My sheet is fine.
Quote from SRD
All magic armor is also masterwork armor, reducing armor check penalties by 1.
A masterwork suit of armor or shield costs an extra 150 gp over and above the normal cost for that type of armor or shield.
In addition to an enhancement bonus, armor may have special abilities. Special abilities usually count as additional bonuses for determining the market value of an item, but do not improve AC.
A suit of armor with a special ability must also have at least a +1 enhancement bonus.

Fortification, light +1 bonus1
1 Add to enhancement bonus on Table: Armor and Shields to determine total market price
Full plate is 1500 gp base. Masterwork adds 150 gp to it. The fortification, light enchantment has an effective bonus of +1, and the suit itself has to have +1 to support it, so it's a +2 plate. +2 armor has a base price of 4000 gp. The total is actually 1500+150+4000=5650 gp. Also note that +1 full plate is 2650 gp.

This is how you have a +10 magic item: +5 in enhancement, +5 in other abilities.

Drow and aasimar characters don't have any racial hit die in Pathfinder, and Sac already said it was ok.
Quote from SRD
There are a number of monsters that do not possess racial Hit Dice. Such creatures are the best options for player characters, but a few of them are so powerful that they count as having 1 class level, even without a racial Hit Die.
Core races all get a net of +2 to abilities, aasimar get +4 with no negatives. Kinda funny drow got nerfed from 3e. They lost their intelligence bonus and (male) charisma penalty, and the spell resist went down from 11. My DMG says "If you would normally allow a player to create an 8th level character, you can allow an ogre-mage with 3 class levels or a minotaur with none." Drow and Aasimar are listed as class level +1, whereas kobolds, hobgoblins, goblins, and orcs have no penalties.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Mar 17 2012, 2:38 am FatalException Post #148

I see what you're doing there with the armor, I guess I've just never had a DM enforce that rule.

As for the races, we're not playing 3e, we're playing Pathfinder, so still no racial hit die.

Aasimars are defined by class levels—they do not possess racial Hit Dice.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/aasimar
Drow are defined by their class levels—they do not possess racial Hit Dice.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/humanoids/drow-common

None.

Mar 17 2012, 2:43 am Azrael Post #149

Quote from Positively
Are you serious right now? o_o

Yes, he is.

Quote from Positively
If it starts in July I'm probably out, sorry

And there are numerous other people who are only in because of the delay, so that's unfortunate.

You may also want to reconsider participation based on the time commitment involved, because even if it had started already, it would have certainly gone a lot longer than July.

Mar 17 2012, 2:46 am Sacrieur Post #150

Still Napping

Quote from rockz
Quote from SRD
There are a number of monsters that do not possess racial Hit Dice. Such creatures are the best options for player characters, but a few of them are so powerful that they count as having 1 class level, even without a racial Hit Die.
Core races all get a net of +2 to abilities, aasimar get +4 with no negatives. Kinda funny drow got nerfed from 3e. They lost their intelligence bonus and (male) charisma penalty, and the spell resist went down from 11. My DMG says "If you would normally allow a player to create an 8th level character, you can allow an ogre-mage with 3 class levels or a minotaur with none." Drow and Aasimar are listed as class level +1, whereas kobolds, hobgoblins, goblins, and orcs have no penalties.

Aasimar do not count as one class level. It should be distinguished that their ability bonuses apply to mental stats. If I do remember correctly, it's built on the theory that physical stats are more valuable than mental stats when building a race (D&D 3.5 Half-Orc). The Aasimar is fine.

Also, rockz is correct about the full plate.

None.

Mar 18 2012, 1:36 am Positively Post #151

Oh... damn, since I'm leaving for Basic Milt. Training on September... I don't think starting in July would give Sac's Beautiful Campaign sufficient time to be played out by myself, so I'll probably have to sit out :/.

None.

Mar 18 2012, 3:52 am FatalException Post #152

There's no rule that says you have to play through the whole game.

None.

Mar 18 2012, 3:54 am Sacrieur Post #153

Still Napping

There's not, feel free to jump in and out whenever you please, although do let me know in advance. It's easier for me that way.

None.

Mar 18 2012, 4:04 am rockz Post #154

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I plan on my character sleeping in or mysteriously disappearing when I can't make it. Hence chaotic neutral.

Mar 18 2012, 6:21 pm Positively Post #155

Oh yay :) then I'm still in, thanks guys.

None.

Mar 21 2012, 6:10 pm Pieh Post #156

I'm still planning on running something this weekend. Start time would ideally be around 7 or 8 pm Eastern. This coming Friday has opened up, so Fri, Sat, Sun, or even Mon (I thought I heard someone suggest Monday?), are acceptable. I'd like to know who wants to play, what days (I'm considering running up to 2 different days), and what their character is. I'm going to plan for a "So, you're all in a tavern..." beginning just to keep it simple. You are expected to have motivations of wealth or adventure, as well as whatever else you want (Feel free to PM me with additional stuff so that I might customize some content for you).

I guess the best idea is this: EVERYONE INTERESTED IN PLAYING THIS WEEKEND PLEASE SEND ME A PM WITH: WHEN YOU CAN PLAY (Fri - Mon, 7 or 8 est?), AND CHARACTER INFO (At least a sheet), AND SOME CONTACT INFO (If PM isn't the best method).

That should do it. I'll let you know when I plan on doing the games once I have some data to work with. Thanks.

Edit I'm playing with IRC, I set up a channel called SEN_Dnd if anyone is looking for help or has feedback (I'm also not entirely sure if i did this right).

#SEN_Dnd on Zelazny.Freenode.net( http://webchat.freenode.net/ )

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 21 2012, 9:56 pm by Pieh.

None.

Mar 22 2012, 12:41 am rockz Post #157

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

In for one.
barbarian/rogue.

Mar 22 2012, 1:01 am Tempz Post #158

Do i have to buy anything for this?

None.

Mar 22 2012, 1:59 am FatalException Post #159

You don't have to, but if you've never played DnD before, it's at least recommended.

None.

Mar 22 2012, 2:01 am Sacrieur Post #160

Still Napping

I'll get your IRC stuff setup, don't worry.

I've got a dice roller, it's this. It satisfies the need for truly random numbers. Also, I'll be setting up a space to use on Rizon.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 22 2012, 2:21 am by Sacrieur.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 6 7 8 9 1017 >
  Back to forum