Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: WHO WANTS TO PLAY DND? :D
WHO WANTS TO PLAY DND? :D
Mar 1 2012, 2:27 am
By: FatalException
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 817 >

Mar 3 2012, 9:22 pm DevliN Post #101

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Ah okay, I see what you meant by that. :)

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 4 2012, 12:54 am Urahara Post #102

Alright, In character creation, For STR, CON, Etc, Do we just choose the numbers, as long as the corresponding point values do not exceed 20? Or do we do as the site says and roll 4D6?

None.

Mar 4 2012, 2:00 am Jack Post #103

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Sac, if we're running multiple groups can we have one neutral-good party and one evil-neutral party? If people want to play evils.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 4 2012, 2:33 am DevliN Post #104

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Urahara
Alright, In character creation, For STR, CON, Etc, Do we just choose the numbers, as long as the corresponding point values do not exceed 20? Or do we do as the site says and roll 4D6?
Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Ability Score = Ability Points

7 = -4
8 = -2
9 = -1
10 = 0
11 = 1
12 = 2
13 = 3
14 = 5
15 = 7
16 = 10
17 = 13
18 = 17

Your ability points have to add up to 20.
Basically you want to figure out which class you want to play as. Then figure out which stats you need to focus on. Also figure out which race you want to play as, as each race gives you bonus stats as well. This post will help explain the stats a little better. Start with each stat at 10, and then start adding and subtracting points based on the above quote. If you want to make your STR 14, for example, that will cost 5 of the allotted 20 points.

EDIT:
Also http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/character-creation will help.

EDIT2:
I finally updated my character sheet with gear and stuff. Enhanced Full Plate wiped me out. I'm so poooooooooooor!

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Mar 4 2012, 3:29 am by DevliN.

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 4 2012, 4:10 am Sacrieur Post #105

Still Napping

Quote from Jack
Sac, if we're running multiple groups can we have one neutral-good party and one evil-neutral party? If people want to play evils.

That is the logical division, if I do run two parties, which does seem likely. I'll decide when it's closer to the starting date.

None.

Mar 4 2012, 4:42 am BiOAtK Post #106

Quote from DevliN
EDIT2:
I finally updated my character sheet with gear and stuff. Enhanced Full Plate wiped me out. I'm so poooooooooooor!
:-( please learn common

None.

Mar 4 2012, 4:48 am DevliN Post #107

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Hell no! Plus I don't have the Int to learn another one. I suppose I could change Undercommon with Common assuming our most generous DM allows it. :awesome:

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 4 2012, 4:55 am Sacrieur Post #108

Still Napping

Everyone knows common. Even if you don't know common you know common.

None.

Mar 4 2012, 5:00 am DevliN Post #109

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Clearly someone's never been to the underdark. Pssh.

EDIT:
What's the deal with Traits? Are we starting with 2 or 1 or none?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 4 2012, 5:07 am by DevliN.

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 4 2012, 5:29 am Sacrieur Post #110

Still Napping

Spend some skill points to learn common. I am requiring that all characters know common, it's up to you how you know it though.

TWO TRAITS

None.

Mar 4 2012, 8:18 am Jack Post #111

Does Silent Spell enable animals to cast spells, as they no longer have to speak words to cast spells?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Mar 4 2012, 8:27 am DevliN Post #112

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Silent Spell affects spells that specifically require you to speak in order to cast them. I'm not really familiar with every Druid spell, but from the looks of it none of them require that.

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 4 2012, 8:31 am FatalException Post #113

Do you mean so you can cast spells when you're in your animal form, or so your animal companion can cast spells? :P

None.

Mar 4 2012, 8:35 am Jack Post #114

So I can cast spells while in animal form. If I had spoken spells it would be more advantageous to take Silent Spell than Natural Spell, assuming Silent Spell enabled me to cast spoken spells while in an animal form. The description for Natural Spell suggests that the hindrance to animal forms casting spells is the inability to speak rather than lack of magical ability.

Red classic.

Mar 4 2012, 11:16 am BlueWolf Post #115

Found this

http://tools.digitalightbulb.com/pbcalc.html

None.

Mar 4 2012, 10:18 pm Jack Post #116

Are we able to use feats from the bestiary such as Hover?

Red classic.

Mar 4 2012, 10:37 pm DevliN Post #117

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

If we are able to, I definitely don't recommend Hover.

My Overwatch addiction.

Mar 4 2012, 11:17 pm Jack Post #118

What's wrong with Hover?

Red classic.

Mar 4 2012, 11:50 pm FatalException Post #119

Can you fly? Probably not. If you can fly, how often are you going to be stopping in midair? Not very often. Besides, the DC for hovering without the feat is only 15, which isn't really a big deal if you have a decent dex and have ranks in Fly like you're supposed to. The only penalty for failing this check is losing 10 feet of altitude. Ten feet of altitude, and only when you fail a relatively easy check, isn't worth a feat.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Mar 5 2012, 12:57 am by FatalException.

None.

Mar 4 2012, 11:54 pm Jack Post #120

Except I'm planning on flying and stopping midair quite often, pending build tweaks.

Red classic.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 4 5 6 7 817 >
  Back to forum