Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: WHO WANTS TO PLAY DND? :D
WHO WANTS TO PLAY DND? :D
Mar 1 2012, 2:27 am
By: FatalException
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1417 >

Apr 15 2012, 4:38 am Pieh Post #221

5pm on the 21st sound great. Assuming FE, rockz, and rai again. Let me know if that changes.

Anyone else?
EDIT (4/18)

Session 2 - What happened -

Our heroes ventured beyond the outpost's basement and into the caverns below. They discovered the Duergar that ran - Dead. Several stab wounds and a black gunk were found to be the cause. There was also a care package for the heroes wraped in a black cloak, there was also a note that read: "TO HELP GO SOUTH." It was determined to be a very similar careful and unskilled scrawl to that of the note that started the adventure. They followed the tunnel to a large cavern with a Duergar outpost. The Duergar hastily scrambled to fight and were defeated. The west exit of this room was walled off and barricaded, the east was briefly explored with no signifigant findings, so they went south as the note instructed.

They travelled down the south passage and found a metal grate covering a pit one way, and a closed door with a sliding peep-hole a bit further on.

They went for the grate first. There was a somewhat informative scene at the bottom of the Duegar's garbage disposal. Amid piles of trash and things, they found the bodies of six Dwarves. The group assumed these were from the outpost, and realized there was one missing. A large garbage-eating monster attacked, was dealt with, and they hastily left the stinking pit.

They then burst into the Duergar interrogation and prisoner holding area. There was a fruous fight involding effective use of a dustburst bullet and a magma elemental, among other things.

The Chief Interrogator was defeated and a sole prisoner was discovered.

A Dwarf by the name of Borand Hammermund, a tortured and broken man. He spoke of an old god, not heard of since the last age, known as the Grey Son. The Duergar has tried to make Borand a follower through torture, then the promise of less torture. The conversation was clearly taxing on the beaten Dwarf and he went silent a few times. He was eased by a use of Iomea's Lay on Hands blessing, and eventually grew in resolve.

We ended the session in the holding area. Borand was feeling better and slightly eased but would not be of any use as a combatant. There was a Duergar that escaped during the fight.

Session 2 - Experience/Rewards -

EXP - Not sure how much I gave, all current players should be at 7000.

Gold - 50 each from the care package + some amount of miscellaneous? Take an additional 50 each from looting.

Items - Good chunk of standard Duergar equipment that isn't really worth taking. Care Package (Cloak of Resistance +1 is a Wand of Magic Missile (Started with 25 Charges), 6 Dustburst Bullets (From APG), Bracers of Armor +1) and I believe these have been distributed. The Interrogator had a stash of 2 Elixers of Truth, he had a set of masterwork torture tools (which Iomea destroyed, correct?), a +1 Warhammer, and 7 mini healing potions (just added these) used to revive tortured victims (Each one heals 3 HP), as well as keys to the cells.

See you Saturday, guys.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 19 2012, 3:07 am by Pieh.

None.

Apr 19 2012, 4:38 am FatalException Post #222

I did indeed smash the torture tools. As for when we're meeting, from the PMs it looks like we may want to revise the time. I think my weekend is pretty free as of right now, so I'm good for whenever.

None.

Apr 19 2012, 4:39 pm rockz Post #223

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I need a bath. Sorry I missed the fight, but glad the dustburst bullet worked well.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 20 2012, 12:24 am Pieh Post #224

rockz says sunday would work better. I'm ok with that. FE, I assume you mean you should be free then. I'll send Rai a PM. Same time ok? 5PM~ish EDT? Might have to wait til 6 for Rai, but still leaves us plenty of time.

None.

Apr 20 2012, 1:13 am Raitaki Post #225

Yeah, I should be able to get on the same time on Sunday. As for da loot, I think I'll just take 1 more mini healing pot =o Btw how many healing surges do you have left FE? :P

Still wondering what 2 spells I should get after lv up :ermm:

None.

Apr 20 2012, 1:31 am Pieh Post #226

Cool. We're on for Sunday (The 22nd) around 5 or 6 pm EDT. Let me know if you guys need anything before then.

None.

Apr 20 2012, 1:38 am Raitaki Post #227

PS: Didn't expect 1 gallon of ale to weigh 8 lbs D: That brought me over light load limit, can somebody carry it for me? ;D

None.

Apr 20 2012, 5:07 am rockz Post #228

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I am the pack mule with the awesome pack.

I got that gallon of ale
Warhammer +1 (or did fatal grab this?)
keys to cells
And I'll grab all 6 of the mini potions. Ask me for some.

Made some changes around, changed out of those nasty clothes into one of my small leathers.

Do we level up or must we wait until the job's done? Also, first was 1k XP. second was apparently 2.7k XP.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Apr 20 2012, 6:22 am by rockz.

"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Apr 20 2012, 6:54 am Pieh Post #229

You may level up now. And I'll admit to giving out more xp than most DMs. The first session was also not really up to your level, second was more in the area imo.

None.

Apr 20 2012, 7:07 pm FatalException Post #230

I didn't grab the warhammer. Unless it has something more than the +1 enhancement bonus, it's not as good as my earth-breaker.

None.

Apr 20 2012, 7:45 pm rockz Post #231

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I switched over to excel to carry stuff. Ridiculous to monitor 4 different weights.

I want a portable hole.

Apr 23 2012, 4:39 am FatalException Post #232

Man, that rock was awesome.

None.

Apr 23 2012, 4:57 am rockz Post #233

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

it was pretty badass.
10 foot diameter.
Granite is 2.7 g/cm^3
483 g/pound
4 * pi * (5*12*2.54)^3 *2.7 / (483 * 3) = 83000 lbs
If we use a coefficient of .05, that translates to roughly 4200 lbs of force required to push it. We had 1150+400+400 roughly.

it's conceivable it was made of something lighter, and/or wasn't quite 10 feet, or the coefficient is lower.

May 4 2012, 12:26 am Pieh Post #234

Hey guys. Still no recap from me, yadda yadda real life. We will not be playing this Saturday (as I'm seeing Avengers). We should be good for the next one though (the 12th) with a little finagling. As I understand, that Saturday is better for rockz as well. I'll get a recap up when I can, I also have some items and clarifications for you. Thanks for your patience.

None.

May 5 2012, 7:00 pm rockz Post #235

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

ah, actually the 12th is bad too because I've got a birthday party to go to.

May 6 2012, 8:53 pm FatalException Post #236

Yeah, the 12th is probably bad for me as well, I've got a party party to go to.

None.

May 10 2012, 2:03 am Pieh Post #237

Alright, no 12th. Would you guys be able to do the 13th? Or shoot for another weekend? Get back to me whenever you can. I'll likely get the promised stuff up tonight.

None.

May 10 2012, 2:08 am Raitaki Post #238

13th's good for me :3

None.

May 10 2012, 3:18 am Pieh Post #239

Your gains for the past session:

You each get 3200 XP (Should be enough to level) and 300 GP.

You guys did well. Fought some tough stuff and got important story information so there is bonus xp in there.

The Loots:

From the duergar priest -

Masterwork Breastplate and Heavy Shield, which radiate Faint Abjuration - Needs a Spellcraft Check it ID properties.

+1 Warhammer

Some magical leather cords - Needs Spellcraft

As general treasure/gifts from Black -

Lenses of Shadow - A pair of dark tinted goggles that grant a +2 Perception bonus and a +2 Stealth bonus when in areas of low light or darker. Wearer is also Dazzled in areas of bright light. As a plot-related bonus, you can also see Shadow Paths.

6 Doses of Black Smear poison - This is the poison that has been found on the dead Duergars.

5 Jet Gems - Needs Appraise

Silver Crown set with a Black Pearl - Needs Appraise

Blind's Book, Volume I - A spellbook said to contain lessons on casting shadowy illusion spells. You do not know how to open it.

If you guys give me your bonuses for spellcraft / appraise / or anything else you want to try, I'll roll them for you.

Recap -
And there's a session recap thing... Not entirely complete, but I'll give you what I have and answer any questions when I can.

You began by making sure the rescued dwarf Borand Hammermund was safe, bringing him back to the outpost and having him lock himself in the sleeping quarters.

It got blurry after that. There was a bold assault on the great hall, with a summoned spider, some brutality, and a poor duergar getting locked in the bathroom.

Then, when you discovered the defended dining hall complete with local Grey Priest, you rolled a boulder through it. There was a lot of smoke and scrambling thanks to the quick thinking of Red Vaga, but eventually the Priest was stunned and blinded by Raitaki and, after a beating, executed by Iomea.

Past the dining hall was where the prayer and rituals took place. A few sets of stone pews in front of a large stage. On the stage was a gray and black chunk of evil stone roughly five feet across. From a corner of the room, a man spoke. He was clothed in shadow, pale of skin, and seemed rather sinister. There were a few other, similar but smaller, with him. Iomea was ready to attack but the man was not hostile and did not detect as evil.

He told the group his name was Black and that he had a serious problem and needed help. Black informed the group of his notes sent out, to bring in some help and encourage the ones who answered. And then he told them about the Grey Son.

The Grey Son was an old god, from ages past. Known as a misformed child of Moradin, the god of earth and dwarves, the Grey Son was an evil and twisted god of twilight and stone. He sought to blot out the sun and at the same time iluminate the darkness, create an eternal twilight and bridge the gap between light and dark. In some ways, he desires a balance.

Now, he is being revived and feeding off the worship of the duergar.

You need to go to the Shadowblind Ruins, following a Shadow Path, and gain entrance. Then descend and mess stuff up.

Ok, hope that helps for now. I'll be in touch.

None.

May 10 2012, 3:56 am Raitaki Post #240

Hmm, I'll do the spellcraft checks. Also I can use lv3 spells now =D

Also, bonus feat. Suggestions on what I should get, anyone?

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 10 11 12 13 1417 >
  Back to forum