Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Mapping Tools > Topic: Cant Open This Map
Cant Open This Map
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jan 9 2012, 4:25 am
By: Tank_7  

Jan 9 2012, 4:25 am Tank_7 Post #1

I tried OSMap 1 and 2, and Unused...
I want to know how this map gives players hero units I cant seem to figure it out so I wanna look at the triggers but I cant. Could anyone please help me open this map? Perhaps it will be a map protection challenge ;)
See attached file.

Attachments:
Classic Cat n Mouse 3.scx
Hits: 4 Size: 129.38kb

None.

Jan 9 2012, 4:36 am Raitaki Post #2

I think it's against the rules to post unprotected versions of protected maps on SEN. You can ask your questions instead.

None.

Jan 9 2012, 4:36 am The Starport Post #3

If you can extract the .chk file data sections, I recall there's a utility you can use to import it into other maps. Maybe you could do it that way?

None.

Jan 9 2012, 4:42 am jjf28 Post #4

Cartography Artisan

Sorry we can't help you unprotect it :(

Quote from name:SEN Rules
Map Unprotection & Map Stealing

•SEN supports the rights of map creators to dictate what is done with the maps which they create. You are allowed to submit maps that you have created with any protection or lack thereof that you, as the author choose.
•Posting of unprotectors or links to unprotectors is not allowed.
•Release of maps that have been protected or unprotected without the author's permission is not allowed.
•Release of stolen maps and map stealing are prohibted.

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Jan 9 2012, 4:56 am Tank_7 Post #5

The rules are reasonable I shoulda checked.
However, all I want to know really is how to get hero zealot, hero dragoon, hero archon in the game. Perhaps someone with ability to unprotect this could just post the relevant triggers in text format only? Thats all I really want out of this map. The guy who hosts it on b.net always gets heroes and other players and myself are like "how do u get heroes omg" and he wont tell us.

None.

Jan 9 2012, 5:04 am ClansAreForGays Post #6

Sounds like you just need to watch the replay then.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 9 2012, 6:17 pm by NudeRaider. Reason: blasphemy! :P

Jan 9 2012, 5:26 am jjf28 Post #7

Cartography Artisan

(in the following I assume you have SCMDraft)

Hero zealot is named fenix (zealot) until you change it, Hero dragoon is originally named fenix (dragoon), and the Hero archon is originally named Tassadar/Zeratul (archon); they can be created by the "create unit" or "create unit with properties" actions.

All of those could also be placed at start (on the left sidebar, look in: units -> protoss -> heroes)

You can change their names and stats and such too (from the menu at the top select: scenario -> unit settings, and navigate to the unit you want to edit.

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Jan 9 2012, 5:51 am The Starport Post #8

I think he's wondering about placing hero units, since I know some can't be placed via. triggers (i.e. Raszagal). Most can be, though.

None.

Jan 9 2012, 6:04 am Riney Post #9

Thigh high affectionado

Quote from Tank_7
The rules are reasonable I shoulda checked.
However, all I want to know really is how to get hero zealot, hero dragoon, hero archon in the game. Perhaps someone with ability to unprotect this could just post the relevant triggers in text format only? Thats all I really want out of this map. The guy who hosts it on b.net always gets heroes and other players and myself are like "how do u get heroes omg" and he wont tell us.

All the heroes except for like 2 are placeable units. Hero zealot and goon is Fenix, archon is Tassadar Zeratul hybrid.

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

Options
  Back to forum