Mirai Nikki
Oct 25 2011, 5:59 am
By: Aristocrat
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

Nov 1 2011, 9:56 pm Aristocrat Post #21

Quote from Sacrieur
I couldn't help but read the rest of the plot :-(
Were you spoiled by those collapse boxes?

None.

Nov 1 2011, 10:19 pm Sacrieur Post #22

Still Napping

Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Sacrieur

Lol no, I just watched the last two episodes and couldn't wait to confirm my suspicions. Turns out I was in the right ballpark, though.

None.

Nov 2 2011, 3:43 am LoveLess Post #23

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

Quote from Sacrieur
Quote from Aristocrat
Quote from Sacrieur

Lol no, I just watched the last two episodes and couldn't wait to confirm my suspicions. Turns out I was in the right ballpark, though.

Exactly what I did :(

None.

Nov 2 2011, 5:35 am MillenniumArmy Post #24

This is why I avoid forums/youtube comments - I always, ALWAYS give in to those damn spoilers/collapsible boxes

None.

Nov 2 2011, 7:56 am LoveLess Post #25

" Yuki~...! "

None.

Nov 4 2011, 5:04 pm Sacrieur Post #26

Still Napping

Yuno is still my favorite character for just being brilliantly colorful.

None.

Nov 6 2011, 2:41 am MadZombie Post #27

The genius prodigy detective kid is my personal fave. I want him to show up in the anime already.

None.

Nov 6 2011, 5:17 am LoveLess Post #28

Quote from MadZombie
The genius prodigy detective kid is my personal fave. I want him to show up in the anime already.
y u no collaspe

None.

Nov 6 2011, 6:19 am xAngelSpiritx Post #29

eternal lurker

In MZ's defense, that's not really a spoiler at all. It doesn't reveal anything about the storyline.

None.

Nov 6 2011, 3:19 pm Sand Wraith Post #30

she/her

Watching 3rd episode ATM.

This anime is officially awesome.

Nov 6 2011, 4:41 pm LoveLess Post #31

Quote from Sand Wraith
Watching 3rd episode ATM.

This anime is officially awesome.
y u so far behind

None.

Nov 6 2011, 11:48 pm MillenniumArmy Post #32

Quote from MadZombie
Collapse Box

None.

Nov 7 2011, 1:25 am MadZombie Post #33

ep5

Looks like someone could of used a hand amirite :awesome:

Also it looks like the changed the ending credits revealing my favorite character. Fuck year.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 7 2011, 1:31 am by MadZombie.

None.

Nov 7 2011, 1:54 am Aristocrat Post #34

The ED changed? Where?

Also, damn, 12th was awesome, why'd he have to die D:.

None.

Nov 7 2011, 2:02 am MadZombie Post #35

Didn't they? Maybe I've been skipping them all this time and going straight for the murmur parts.

None.

Nov 7 2011, 3:24 am Aristocrat Post #36

Here's some speculation I've taken from another forum:

Quote from Idealistic
What? Everyone in here seems to understand what is going on. I have no clue what is going on in ep 3. That room just made me think Yuno was a psycho killer, especially when she peaked through that letterbox. I guess Yuki entering that room is messing up something, but I have no idea what.

Quote from Buffalobiian
By "reverse causality", I understood it as "shit that's about to happen, or will happen, has already happened". Somehow, the Third's body is in there I think..

Since Deus Ex also said that only one of them will survive, I thought that instead of having them all kill each other for real, they're actually already dead. The winner will be the one to be revived by Deus Ex. That's a complete guess though.

I just don't understand the connection with Yuno. She acts as if she already knows the contents of that room - and normally one would think she's a psycho-killer (still a very valid guess, I think). But perhaps she deduced the contents or at least understood the consequence of Yukkii's actions from her phone. (It might have contained an entry like: Yukkii did XXX, and cause YYY).

Despite how scary the ending scene was, the fact that she still wished him good-night might actually be good news.

Quote from Alhuin
@Kray: I completely forgot about the beginning of the first episode, but now that you mentioned it and I went back to watch it, it does seem like she was in that room.

If that is the case, and as such she is dead, that would also explain why opening the room would have such a monumental shift to each diary owner's futures (the whole "reverse casualty" thing). The significance of Yuno fighting her "clone" in the opening would also become clearer, as maybe she was the one that killed herself.

This is, of course, assuming she was the one that was dead.

Also, after rewatching the beginning of episode one, I'm thinking Yuki will sacrifice himself in the end.

Quote from KrayZ33
it certainly looks like it, but only if we assume that the very first scene shows the future
but then the clone-theory wouldn't make *that* much sense, where did the clone come from (ok that deus-guy said something about some disorder in the causality-continuum) and why would she kill her other-self with such madness?

but what happens if we assume it shows the "past"?
what if we assume the game has already been played
and Yuno won it because Yuki sacrificed himself at the end

Yuno would've become a God..the "God of Spacetime" as Deus said....
now what would someone like *her* probably do, to be at his side again :)
go back in time, kill her old-self (Haruhi-movie style) and take up her place!

then try to protect Yuki no matter what or maybe just to spend some time with him, since they couldn't do so before.

maybe thats why Yuno's diary is already saying "happy end" because from the beginning her goal has always been nothing else but to come together with him (again)...to be honest I never got why it stopped recording his future after that day.
and alot of her statements become more suspicious imho
for example the big-wheel scene in ep3... Yuki doesn't get why she is following him around and he can't believe that one conversation has turned her into such a stalker.

and Yuno says "its a secret"

so probably, something has happened during the first game which made them fall in love with each other.. and of course she doesn't want to tell him that.

god I wish something similiar to this will happen/happened
Yuno is already one of my favorites characters, but this would probably place her on top of everyone else in my list. Crazy Stalkerm gotta love them, especially if they are female :D

Quote from Buffalobiian
I picked up something after Krayz33 mentioned Yuno's comments being fishy.

During the 1st episode's death scene, Yuno addressed Yuki as "Amano-kun". That plays in rather well with his "falls in love from previous game" idea.

The thing that killed Yuno in that scene too.. not idea if it's a clone, but it looks like the weird fellow who hypnotised #9.

Quote from Alhuin
I didn't think about the possibility of it being the past. Well, not fully at least. I noticed the "Amano-kun" earlier when I rewatched, but I forgot to comment about it. That, coupled with the idea of Yuki sacrificing himself and Yuno becoming the God of Spacetime actually makes sense that that was the beginning, and Yuno used her powers as a god to "start over". Bleh... now I'm not sure which theory I want to believe more...

Sounds crazy, but put the pieces together and it makes sense. The Yuno from the beginning of ep. 1 said "Amano-kun", which doesn't match how she refers to him now. Not to mention when they killed Third, Yuno just said "that's it? How boring.", signifying that a person's body collapsing into a spacetime distortion isn't new for her, that she expected something more. It would explain how Yuno came to love Yukiteru, and how she seems to understand how the game works even prior to Deus Ex Machina explaining everything.

None.

Nov 7 2011, 1:14 pm MadZombie Post #37

They are thinking way too much into the dead bodies. It is what it is.

What is Yuno missing? It's simple ;o

Also I'm pretty sure what is being shown in the first ep where she says "amano-kun" is from the past not the future. She's known Yukiteru since before the first ep started but they've never really talked that much. I think the next episode explains that part in the first ep and also the what's up with the dead bodies in her house. I'm pretty sure they were connected and I remember the explanation coming up real soon.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Nov 7 2011, 1:30 pm by MadZombie.

None.

Nov 7 2011, 2:21 pm LoveLess Post #38

Everyone is just trying to make Yuno as innocent as possible, because of how much everyone loves her. That is obviously why all of those crazy, thinking way too much into it. You can tell the difference between people who know how anime go and those who want everything to be happy-ever-after.

None.

Nov 7 2011, 11:06 pm Aristocrat Post #39

Why is avatar space so expensive fff

None.

Nov 7 2011, 11:51 pm Sacrieur Post #40

Still Napping

It's not actually reverse causality. It's a causality loop (this is how it was referred to in the show). Reverse causality is something entirely different.

A causality loop is when a specific portion of time repeats itself. The actions taken in that frame of time cause everything to go back and happen all over again. And it continues to loop like this.

In any case, the mention of a causality loop suggests that the events taken place here have taken place before. It also caused me to come up with my theory:

Yuno has already been through this at least once before, and presumably tried to start over for some reason. Her infatuation with First suggests that in the last causality loop, she and him were extremely close. This reason for her starting over, then, is that he was no longer alive in the previous world. It's even perhaps that she and him were the last two in the game, and grew old together, happily. It would then be reasonable to assume that whoever had died from old age first would be the winner of the game, and could go back in time and relive their life together again.

This last bit seems somewhat doubtful, since it doesn't explain why she went back before the game began and not after, or even stop the game from happening in the first place. This must mean that there are some limits to her powers if she had won the game before.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum