BlizzCon 2011
Oct 21 2011, 12:40 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 2 3 >

Oct 22 2011, 7:49 pm DevliN Post #21

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Mod and Tools Panel

New Cutscenes editor.
Has timeline and live preview. Can add curves to camera. You can have triggers modify what is seen in the cutscenes.

They showed a fake end cutscene to HotS.

They're releasing art tools to make custom models.

Exporter for 3ds Max.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 22 2011, 8:17 pm DevliN Post #22

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

They're showing examples of how you can use 3DS Max with the tools. 

Blizzard DOTA
Entirely new game than last year's.
They don't completely like the idea of needing to last hit minions. Killing certain minions drops a health globe to replenish a little bit of health regen.
Towers are softer targets and have limited ammunition that replenishes over time. You can buy an item that replenishes it sooner.
They wanted to replace the idea of boot items. Instead your heroes can mount up for more speed.
They wanted to change the complexity of the game, but still allow for difficulty to master the game.
Health, Damage, and Mastery are the only stats. They wanted to reduce the need to do math.
They made more centralized items. All items fit on one page. All recipes are gone. Only three items increase stats while the others have active and passive abilities.
They wanted crisp hero roles: 3 tanks, 3 support, 3 damage, and 3 siege.
Without needing last hits, support players are not penalized for playing their roles.
Siege roles can outrange towers and their purpose is base destruction.
They wanted a more exiting meta game. Games should last 20 to 30 minutes at most.
You can capture mercenary camps on the map that add mercenaries to your minions. 4 camps total, 2 on each side of the map.
When you kill the Stone Zealot, he joins your team and fights the enemy team for you. He can outrange towers and ape minions.
Blizzard DOTA will have multiple maps. They were against it originally, but came up with some cool map ideas.
They wanted faster games hoping to reduce the massive rage that comes with the DOTA community. Average game length is 20 minutes.
They wanted to try to remove conflict points, so you don have to have a carry. They also don't like how cocky people get so anyone can do well.
They removed kills/deaths/assists so people aren't assholes ultimately. They replaced them with takedowns. Anyone who helped kill an enemy gets a takedown. Last hits and kill steals no longer apply.
The hope is this rewards unselfish play do support can kick ass.

The game we're playing today may not be the same as the one that gets released.

My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 22 2011, 8:30 pm DevliN Post #23

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Q&A
Questions about DOTA mostly.
They're working on a method to reconnect to games. It won't make the HotS ship but it could be out after that.
Question about the popularity system. They're adding a queuing system for new mapmakers to host a game and Fun or Not players will join it.
The art tools should be released with HotS.
Question regarding the possibility of having a SC2 assets site for people to share models. They thought about it but haven't done anything with it yet.
So far it seems like a lot of people asking questions have never used the editor.
More DOTA questions. Lovely.
Cutscene files are going to be small, since they are just XML files.
Increase script size limit? "I hope so."
DOTA will be released with the SC2 starter edition as well so anyone can play it.
No exporter will be released for Maya.
The sky is the limit for DOTA heroes.
Ability to attach models to dialogs? Guy who answered didn't know. He thinks it should be possible.
You can still jungle. If you kill neutral jungle units, you get a soul token that can drop units on towers.

My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 22 2011, 9:33 pm Lanthanide Post #24

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
The two may be related, but how can he BE Duran? That answer to the question says we've already met him (Duran).
Uh, why not?

If you haven't noticed, Dr Narud is "Duran" backwards. Dr Narud *is* Duran. Notice how in BW he started off as a terran, then apparently became infested, and then it turned out he was something else (probably Xel Naga) all together?

None.

Oct 22 2011, 10:04 pm MadZombie Post #25

what about blender ;_;

wait by art tools do you mean like their own modeling program or something? I could of sworn I heard something like that was gonna happen. That'd be swell.

None.

Oct 22 2011, 10:45 pm DevliN Post #26

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

They made it seem like the art tools was its own program, but they also talked about it as if it was just the exporter. All I remember is that they made a big deal about the tool allowing easy addition of attachment points and idle animations (or something).

My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 22 2011, 10:51 pm Jack Post #27

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Is that panel over or can you ask more about the art tools for us?
Like what mz said, and whether it will support .m3a files in an understandble manner (so we can work out why they exist at all :P ).

Oh and if you can, ask if the reconnecting games thing will be set up so people can join games which have alredy started.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 22 2011, 11:02 pm DevliN Post #28

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

The panel ended 3 hours ago.

My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 23 2011, 1:22 am IskatuMesk Post #29

Lord of the Locker Room

Quote from DevliN
They made it seem like the art tools was its own program, but they also talked about it as if it was just the exporter. All I remember is that they made a big deal about the tool allowing easy addition of attachment points and idle animations (or something).

Well, attachment points are just helpers named a specific way. I would hope they would be easy to add...

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

Oct 23 2011, 5:15 am Jack Post #30

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/blog/3768746/StarCraft_II_–_Blizzard_DOTA__Mod_Tools_Panel-10_22_2011#blog
Pretty much the same info.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Oct 23 2011, 5:20 am Fire_Kame Post #31

wth is starcraft

Quote from DevliN
I'll compile it all into this post when I get home Sunday night.
Don't forget your feelings and emotions during the event. :bleh:

Oct 23 2011, 4:48 pm Sacrieur Post #32

Still Napping

Devlin ask Kerrigan how she keeps such perfect skin. What's her secret?

None.

Oct 23 2011, 4:56 pm Ahli Post #33

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Quote from Sacrieur
Devlin ask Kerrigan how she keeps such perfect skin. What's her secret?
Blizzcon ended saturday, u know?

If someone finds full panel videos from dota and modding tools, let me know! ;D

Oct 23 2011, 5:02 pm MadZombie Post #34

Hah

So the heroes for DOTA will be heroes from the entire Blizzard universe. That's great.

Sounds like:
Create custom art and models.
Means it's possible to make custom models without using unofficial workarounds using 3DS max instead now you use an official exporter/importer. Not a standalone sc2 modelling program.

;_;

None.

Oct 23 2011, 5:16 pm ClansAreForGays Post #35

Did anyone ask how Kerrigan is now of African descent?

Oct 23 2011, 7:08 pm DevliN Post #36

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from DevliN
I'm driving back now after a night of very heavy drinking. I feel shitty. Haha.

During the event I had a blast. Spent most of my time kicking ass at DOTA, drinking, playing more DOTA, trying to stalk Sixen, more drinking, more DOTA, then losing my voice at the Foo Fighters show. It was great.

My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 24 2011, 2:11 am Centreri Post #37

Relatively ancient and inactive

Wow: Mists of Pandaria

:|

None.

Oct 24 2011, 3:46 am Dem0n Post #38

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Centreri

qft

Oct 24 2011, 5:17 am Fire_Kame Post #39

wth is starcraft

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Quote from Centreri

qft
But monk sound pretty cool....right?

Quote from DevliN
Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from DevliN
I'm driving back now after a night of very heavy drinking. I feel shitty. Haha.

During the event I had a blast. Spent most of my time kicking ass at DOTA, drinking, playing more DOTA, trying to stalk Sixen, more drinking, more DOTA, then losing my voice at the Foo Fighters show. It was great.
Wish I had been online...

Oct 24 2011, 7:15 pm MadZombie Post #40

I really hope you guys aren't complaining about pandaria because of pandas. Panadarians have always been there and there are so many other furry animal races in WoW. Just saying.

Though all I could think about was Jack black when I saw it lolololo

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 >
  Back to forum