Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: EUD addresses for OSX Mac
EUD addresses for OSX Mac
Oct 20 2011, 11:09 am
By: Lanthanide  

Oct 26 2011, 6:05 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #21

👻 👾 👽 💪

Quote from Lanthanide
Farty: This would really be a useful switch to include in your EUD calculator program, a flag for windows/OSX that swaps the value we're checking for.
Which EUD calculator program? ;o
For EUDTrig you'd just need to put in new base addresses (in the ini file) as far as I know ... the addressing is the same, no?

TinyMap2 - Latest in map compression! ( 7/09/14 - New build! )
EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
MapSketch - New image->map generator!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Oct 26 2011, 8:47 am Lanthanide Post #22

Can you tell I've never really used any of the EUD tools available? :)

In this case I thought you had a tool that would create the values for EUDs, as well as the addresses. What you do have is the program to create the values for string/text detection, and that would need to be re-written to support big-endian.

None.

Nov 10 2011, 11:01 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #23

👻 👾 👽 💪

Is this correct?

Code
"Apples"
ID  Data  Hex         Dec
+0  Appl  0x6c707041  1819308097
+1  es ?  0x??007365  29541

"Apples"
ID  Data  Hex         Dec
+0  Appl  0x4170706c  1097887852
+1  es ?  0x657300??  1702035456

EUD Action Enabler - Lightweight EUD/EPD support! (ChaosLauncher/MPQDraft support!)
EUDDB - topic - Help out by adding your EUDs! Or Submit reference files in the References tab!
EUDTrig - topic - Quickly and easily convert offsets to EUDs! (extended players supported)
SC2 Map Texture Mask Importer/Exporter - Edit texture placement in an image editor!
\:farty\: This page has been viewed [img]http://farty1billion.dyndns.org/Clicky.php?img.gif[/img] times!

Nov 15 2011, 2:49 am Jack Post #24

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Could you find the address for High Templar energy?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Nov 15 2011, 4:05 am jjf28 Post #25

Cartography Artisan

If ur at it, I would greatly appreciate addresses for unit energy (indexs 0 and 1).

To guess at the address for index 0: 005B30F8 ? :)

Edit:

Finally got my vm working! I just followed this vid
(it uses the latest v. of oracle VM which is nice), used lanthanides link for getting to a shared folder, used the installer/patch linked too on this page and also under my vm settings, in the network tab, i set "attached to:" to "Bridged Adapter", and "Name:" to "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller", which got internet working, was able to play lan between that computer and my laptop.

Ok so jack, your request was ambiguous, I got the Khaydarin Amulet research (+50 Templar energy) and unit energy for index 0-8 (which I wanted anyways :))

For Khaydarin Amulet Research, address for player p = 25343624+(46*(p-1))
Domain for p: [0, 12]
i'll add my tables in a sec

For unit energy, address for index x = 26676166 - 336 (x-1)
Domain for x: [1, 1700]
When x=0, address (hex) = 18E55D6, address (dec) = 26105302

Post has been edited 13 time(s), last time on Nov 19 2011, 11:58 pm by jjf28.

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Nov 20 2011, 7:55 pm jjf28 Post #26

Cartography Artisan

Fufilled several requests for addresses, still planning to get selection detection, display text, and keypress. If you want a specific address pm or post :)

How to get your trigger:

In EUD trig select "options" from the menu bar, "Version Offset (####)" -> "Other" enter the value: "25331476" (without the quotes), hit ok.

When entering the value you want to find, remember the byte offsets work opposite from windows (as earlier stated by lanthanide), if your on the first byte multiply what your looking for by 2^24, second byte: 2^16, third byte: 2^8, fourth byte: 2^0

Below is an example map and my spreadsheet
*note because the windows address was on the 2nd byte, and the mac address was on the 3rd, the values I searched for were both multiplied by 2^8

Attachments:
Energy EUD.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 39.55kb
Mac Addresses.xls
Hits: 2 Size: 41.5kb

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Nov 20 2011, 8:05 pm by jjf28.

Nov 28 2011, 3:02 am Jack Post #27

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Question: if I wanted to have a map which worked for both PCs and Macs which detected high templar energy, how would I do it so that macs didn't desync?

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Nov 28 2011, 11:27 pm O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #28

👻 👾 👽 💪

I think somewhere someone posted an address that was a string on windows and empty memory on mac ...
You can do that and set a switch for 'Is mac'...

Conditions:
switch x is clear
memory(PC offset, ..., ...);
Actions:
// your actions

Conditions:
switch x is set
memory(mac offset, ..., ...);
Action:
// the same actions

or, since I don't really know what or where that offset is:

Conditions:
memory(pc offset, ..., ...);
Actions:
Set Switch 12

Conditions:
memory(mac offset, ..., ...);
Actions:
Set Switch 12

Conditions:
switch 12 is set
Actions:
// your actions

Nov 29 2011, 12:09 am jjf28 Post #29

Cartography Artisan

On the first page of this thread there is the exact trigger for doing so, i've done testing with people on real macs, it works.

Using it:
Trigger for Windows: Switch "On Windows" is set (other conditions), perform action
Trigger for Mac: Switch "On Windows" is cleared (other conditions), perform action

I've observed that this only works when the triggers are applied to the same player(s), and are placed right after eachother (I had triggers run under p1 and p2 respectively that were right after eachother, checking the same condition, and the running the same action, that still desynced).

Linked is my map where i've already implemented this (tested with 6 players including macs, global actions were performed based on EUD condition, no desync occured)

The Map

In it, the defilers energy is measured, if its energy falls without a "dark swarm" being created, the energy is restored to either "50%" or "100%" depending on how much he had prior. (look in player 4's triggers, near the bottem, the system starts where it says "False Alarm Resets").

If your just looking for how the switch gets set and a basic trigger gets run, look in the attatched map that lanthanide gave me. It creates a marine if player 1 gets an upgrade, works without desync between win/mac.

If you're looking for the specific numbers for your trig, i'd be happy to help if you could clear up whether your looking for the high templar energy upgrade; or the energy of a high templar and the unit index(s) / player(s) you want it for.

Attachments:
upgrades.scx
Hits: 0 Size: 53.76kb

Nov 30 2011, 11:51 pm Heinermann Post #30

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

How can you be sure that the loading address for a mac is consistent like the Windows version? When I load the Mac module in IDA it just loads it using base address 0.

Dec 1 2011, 1:49 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #31

👻 👾 👽 💪

Would the relative offsets remain the same?

Dec 1 2011, 2:23 am jjf28 Post #32

Cartography Artisan

Between results found by me and lanth, the addresses vary; but how far we search from the start of the death table has been constant thus far, succeeding in many tests (have already cross platformed and been playing a map with other macs w/o desync)

This was my concern for adding these to EUDDB, since i didn't have administrative access to any other macs/computers that could emulate macs, i've been unable to personally cross-check the addresses

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Dec 1 2011, 2:28 am by jjf28.

Dec 1 2011, 3:37 am O)FaRTy1billion[MM] Post #33

👻 👾 👽 💪

If the addresses are not constant, you could put in the relative addresses.. It will still work the same.

Dec 1 2011, 4:12 am jjf28 Post #34

Cartography Artisan

My concerns were not directed at whether the addresses were usable, but how multiple people might enter addresses they obtain from macs;

I may very well just be missing something here (did you mean enter the distance from death table start as the address?)... lmk

Dec 1 2011, 1:28 pm Heinermann Post #35

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Yes the offsets from base address are the same. BWAPI has some of these relative addresses in case we ever port it to mac.
Code
#ifdef _MAC
 static DatLoad *upgradesDat = (DatLoad*)0x0015AFCC;  /** 1.16.1 */
 static DatLoad *techdataDat = (DatLoad*)0x0015A6F4;
 static DatLoad *weaponsDat  = (DatLoad*)0x0015C19C;
 static DatLoad *unitsDat    = (DatLoad*)0x0015AD38;
 static DatLoad *flingyDat   = (DatLoad*)0x0014BC08;
#ifdef _MAC
 static u32     *BWDATA_GameSpeedModifiers = (u32*) 0x0014BF3C;
 static u32     *BWDATA_GameSpeed          = (u32*) 0x00228458;

The above are pointers to the "DatLoad" structure for ALL data entries in each DAT file.
Code
 struct DatLoad
 {
   u32   address;
   u32   length;
   u32   entries;
 };

I have not really documented their loading indexes but we do have this:
http://code.google.com/p/bwapi/source/browse/trunk/bwapi/BWAPI/Source/BW/Offsets.h#557

and the rest is recorded in my database. The storage for this data remains consistent accross platforms.

Options
  Back to forum