Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: DevliN's Mafia: Battlestar Galactica
DevliN's Mafia: Battlestar Galactica
Sep 28 2011, 9:42 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1237 >

Oct 4 2011, 9:26 pm TiKels Post #181

Only if the bomb dies, which it cannot die by one hit while being protected, which means that two mafia would have to be used. Two mafia... that's a lot.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 4 2011, 9:27 pm Tempz Post #182

Ahh point taken.

None.

Oct 4 2011, 9:50 pm Roy Post #183

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
Roy, you said you're the Scientist, yet I noticed you didn't post the results of your night action. Assuming you're telling the truth, did you check Raitaki and find him guilty? I would find that very hard to believe.
It was very subtly mentioned somewhere in the night post that I may have been seduced and thus couldn't perform my night action. Besides, I didn't try to investigate Raitaki last night. And even if I did and found him guilty, how could you find it hard to believe? There's so many ways to manipulate investigation results, plus the chance of being the Traitor, that this possibility is quite likely even if he sent you his true role PM.

Quote from name:Azrael.Wrath
As for Poison, he replied with a single line to vote for someone that hasn't posted at all, without any reasoning, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. It could mean that he wanted to start two bandwagons that were both on Town players, or that he wanted to vote for a Mafia member that no one else would vote for to make Symmetry look innocent if it's found that he's Mafia, or that he wanted to make himself look innocent by not going along with a bandwagon for a Townie.

All of those reasons would suggest he knows Raitaki is innocent though, or that he himself is guilty.

I'll keep my vote on Poison, since he's the most suspicious.
Definitely. Poison is posting as minimum as possible for the sole purpose of remaining inconspicuous. Very suspicious if you ask me.

Oct 4 2011, 9:51 pm Tempz Post #184

Hmm point taken; I thought poison was mafia too but i read over the night post and it seemed pretty clean of anything Poison (pun intended)
However since i suck at night posts... I decided to do some clue hunting myself.

http://www.staredit.net/?p=shoutbox&view=1428
In the shoutbox poison even says hes mafia...

I vote Poison

Post has been edited 9 time(s), last time on Oct 4 2011, 10:04 pm by Tempz.

None.

Oct 4 2011, 10:07 pm TiKels Post #185

Poison said he was bomb last game, jokingly, and guess what he was: Bomb.

Poison said he was mafia this game, jokingly.

Patterns.

Gonna just go with poison based upon personal suspicion.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 4 2011, 10:18 pm by TiKels.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Oct 4 2011, 10:42 pm DevliN Post #186

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Day 1 Voting Progress
Roy : Raitaki
Wing Zero : Raitaki (2)
Raitaki : Roy (1)
Norm : Abstain
Tempz : Abstain poison_us
poison_us : Symmetry (1)
lil-Inferno : Raitaki Abstain
xAngelSpiritx : Abstain
Observer12425 : poison_us Abstain
Azrael.Wrath : poison_us
Zycorax : Tempz
Jack : Tempz (2)
TiKels : Abstain poison_us (3)

Currently up for lynching: poison_us

Not yet voted: OlimarandLouie, Riney, Aristocrat, Echo, Dem0nS1ayer, Symmetry, Lingie, Excalibur, Vrael

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 4 2011, 11:12 pm Wing Zero Post #187

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Dude Poison always jokes that he's mafia... I think he just voted for a random person for the hell of it, like last game where people randomly voted for Farty

EDIT: I'm willing to be the morticians announcer

Oct 4 2011, 11:42 pm Raitaki Post #188

Looks like town has some faith for me this round....Abstaining until I'm done reading the 2+ pages I've missed during school.

EDIT: Where's that post saying that Roy's vote on me was to test my reactions? D:< Don't think I don't read through lengthy clue interpretations in collapsible boxes bros

None.

Oct 4 2011, 11:52 pm Symmetry Post #189

Dungeon Master

K time to read through this shit and see what's up. Gimme a minute to vote.

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Oct 4 2011, 11:53 pm Roy Post #190

Quote from Wing Zero
EDIT: I'm willing to be the morticians announcer
I think I'm in the best position to be receiving this information, considering nobody has counter-claimed me. The Mortician should really just give their information to someone they trust.

Chances are, though, the Mortician has already shared their role with someone specifically for this purpose. If they haven't, an uncountered power role claim would be a good choice.

Of course, if you think there would be a reason for me to fake-claim and the real seduced Scientist to remain quiet, I'd like to hear the reasoning. The Mafia would already know they are the Scientist from the night post, so keeping the rest of the town ignorant would be stupid. There's no reason to not claim if you want the town to win, which is why I did so. If someone were to counter-claim, it would mean that one of us would be lying and therefore Mafia, which further helps the town. Therefore, there's no reason the Scientist would not claim (which I have), and since there are no counter-claims, it means one of two things:

1) I am who I say I am. The Mafia aren't stupid enough to try to counter-claim a legitimate claim.
2) I am Mafia, and the Scientist is inactive and/or purposefully sabotaging the town by not claiming.

I personally would never take the path of the second possibility, because it is ridiculously risky. I claimed immediately, as well, not just sitting around waiting to make sure some other player wouldn't claim it first.

Mortician aside, I'd like to talk to the Doctor and/or Security Officer, if you're willing. If you want to speak to me through someone else, so be it, but I have a couple questions.

Oct 4 2011, 11:54 pm Raitaki Post #191

Hmmm I can't tell if poison's trolling or not but I vote poison_us for now.

None.

Oct 4 2011, 11:54 pm Azrael Post #192

http://www.staredit.net/?p=shoutbox&view=1441

Oct 4 2011, 11:57 pm Roy Post #193

Did you find the secret message in my post from above?
Quote from Roy
Definitely. Poison is posting as minimum as possible for the sole purpose of remaining inconspicuous. Very suspicious if you ask me.
[ size= Except for the fact that he posted early into the game saying he wouldn't say anything beyond a simple "I vote X." We can't seriously take this observation as anything other than showing that poison is committing to what he said he would do before roles were handed out.][/size]

Oct 5 2011, 12:00 am Tempz Post #194

Poison told me that he was trolling on purpose and that he has a useful role...

So if the mortician finds he has a useful role I'm telling the truth that I'm townie.

Currently I know these roles (from reading over the pages and night post)

Roy - Scientist
Rai - Most likley Elder

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 5 2011, 12:52 am by Tempz.

None.

Oct 5 2011, 12:05 am Symmetry Post #195

Dungeon Master

I vote poison if only out of spite! Haha!

:voy: :jaff: :voy: :jaff:

Oct 5 2011, 12:34 am Roy Post #196

Quote from Tempz
Rai - Most likley Elder
Why do you say this? Just curious.

Also, Doctor/Officer, please contact. Thanks :)

Oct 5 2011, 12:55 am Tempz Post #197

I thought the beginning part was about Rai IE two men = two votes.

After re-reading the past few pages he claimed to have been bomb but that could easily been a defense mechanism.

None.

Oct 5 2011, 1:04 am Vrael Post #198

Quote from DevliN
The ship's makeshift bar was filled to the brim this evening. This would be unusual on any other night, but given the circumstances it seemed appropriate.

Two men sat at the bar, not really interacting much. One kept eyeing the other, though. Clearly something's on his mind. "You're one of Baltar's lab guys, right?," he asked. It seemed like this was small talk compared to what he'd rather discuss.
"Yep. The lab coat gave it away, I assume?" They laughed and took sips from their glasses.
"So Baltar's machine. It does actually work, right?" It seemed like the man was finally getting to the point.
The lab technician looked ahead for a second, took another gulp of his drink, and finally turned to the other man. "Yeah, flawlessly." He turned back to the bar and continued to drink.
"I haven't seen you around this bar before. Actually I don't ever see many of you science guys here, but I guess tonight is special." He smiled at the man in the lab coat, but got no response. Before going back to his drink, he noticed a beautiful woman enter the bar area, someone else he'd never seen before. "What do you think about her?"
The lab technician looked at the woman and then back to his inquisitor. "She looks deadly. At least an 8."

The woman walked up to an occupied table and stood there for a few seconds waiting for the occupant to notice her. When he finally did, he immediately had to stop everything he was doing. She was too gorgeous to ignore.
"This seat taken?," she coyly asked. She was met with no response as the man couldn't figure out what to say. "How about you and I go back to my cabin, 780, and I'll keep you up all night."
Nothing could counter her charm. She took his hand and quickly led him out of the bar.
If you read this carefully, the lab technician in the paragraph is not seduced by the woman, he looks on as someone at another table is seduced. That said, Roy may still be a scientist, or he may be capitalizing on an oversight of ours. Doctor/Officer, beware his request. If you have other information on Roy's validity, so be it, but be careful. The post looks to me like a normal townie was seduced, not a scientist. There also could be two scientists, or the lab technician might refer to a mortician maybe?

Later in the post it looks like a scientist is sent to the brig perhaps as well? Maybe not a scientist, but someone related to the medical bay, perhaps mortician?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 5 2011, 1:10 am by Vrael.

None.

Oct 5 2011, 1:05 am TiKels Post #199

Just so it's clear I've been pondering my vote for awhile. I considered raitaki, but every piece of evidence could be counter-claimed with "he's stupid", so I figured it wasn't sound.

I don't think poison is stupid enough to legit just go "LOL I VOTE FOR SYMMETRY, CUZ I'M MAFIA"... I think it's not enough to hint at mafianism.

-NudeRaider

Oct 5 2011, 1:07 am Excalibur Post #200

The sword and the faith

No idea who to trust.

Roy interpreted the clues pretty well from what I gather but at the same time people are posting various reasons of Rai and Poison being innocent.

I should note that I know for a fact whatever role Poison is, that he did not get to complete his night action (This is assuming he has a role with which he can do anything. :P). I will not say how I came by this information. If this weighs on your decision, then I suggest you take it into account.

SEN Global Moderator and Resident Zealot
-------------------------
The sword and the faith.

:ex:
Sector 12
My stream, live PC building and tech discussion.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 8 9 10 11 1237 >
  Back to forum