Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: DevliN's Mafia: Battlestar Galactica
DevliN's Mafia: Battlestar Galactica
Sep 28 2011, 9:42 am
By: DevliN
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 937 >

Oct 3 2011, 4:43 am Aristocrat Post #121

Wait, if a role is discovered, does it anonymously reveal the role to the whole town, or does only the mortician find out? If the latter, how does the mortician get word out to the townies? Claiming is unsafe as hell and it's super hard to trust people now (not after what Azrael pulled in inferno's mafia).

Also, do roles that are not explicitly said to have "Dodge" have the ability to use it, or is that power denied?

None.

Oct 3 2011, 5:28 am Roy Post #122

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from Aristocrat
Wait, if a role is discovered, does it anonymously reveal the role to the whole town, or does only the mortician find out? If the latter, how does the mortician get word out to the townies? Claiming is unsafe as hell and it's super hard to trust people now (not after what Azrael pulled in inferno's mafia).

Also, do roles that are not explicitly said to have "Dodge" have the ability to use it, or is that power denied?
The whole point of the Mortician is that he must find a way to communicate his results; only he will know the role of the person he autopsies.

And only roles that have Dodge can dodge. Otherwise Devlin wouldn't have been debating giving it to Bomb, since it would have already implicitly existed.

Oct 3 2011, 6:36 am DevliN Post #123

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Right to both points. Though this game does create more paranoia than normal, perhaps, I find that Morticians in any game always feel isolated. I may slip in some very minor clues when a player dies to help figure out what the role is, but for the most part I want the Mortician role to be useful.

As for the "Dodge" question, I felt like it would make more sense to give Dodge to only those without actual powers to use. I get the reason for wanting Dodge if you are a power role just to save your ass and whatnot, but I always find that power roles end up using their powers over Dodge anyway. Plus, this prevents certain roles from having multiple methods of avoiding hits on themselves. I really wanted this version to make people feel isolated and afraid to trust anyone, so we don't have that sort of "So and so is confirmed, start role-claiming."

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Oct 3 2011, 9:15 am by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 3 2011, 11:28 am Aristocrat Post #124

Can we draft up last wills and send them to you so that if we die during that night, then the last will becomes part of the day post?

None.

Oct 3 2011, 11:35 am DevliN Post #125

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

You may, but I might not use them completely. :P

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

Oct 3 2011, 6:51 pm NudeRaider Post #126

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

So, anyone already found(ed) an alliance? Or is everyone just waiting for the kills to happen?

Oct 3 2011, 6:54 pm lil-Inferno Post #127

Just here for the pie

Quote from NudeRaider
So, anyone already found(ed) an alliance? Or is everyone just waiting for the kills to happen?
I'm going to hold off on having an alliance until more information is unveiled.

Oct 3 2011, 9:10 pm Observer12425 Post #128

Roy, you need to lay off the steroids.

I'm probably the fifty-thousandth person to ask this, but my inbox is getting pretty close to full even though it's almost empty in reality, and when I enter the inbox specifically, the count reflects that change. How might I force the count on the messages tab to reflect that (or does it matter at all)?

None.

Oct 3 2011, 9:17 pm Roy Post #129

Quote from Observer12425
Roy, you need to lay off the steroids.
Pardon?
Quote from Observer12425
I'm probably the fifty-thousandth person to ask this, but my inbox is getting pretty close to full even though it's almost empty in reality, and when I enter the inbox specifically, the count reflects that change. How might I force the count on the messages tab to reflect that (or does it matter at all)?

Give priority to v5 data and hit "Retry."

Oct 3 2011, 9:24 pm Observer12425 Post #130

Brilliant, thanks. The steroid comment was for your ten-posts-worth-of-clue-interpretation-post-of-DOOM, as in "you're using steroids, ain't no one does that clean."

None.

Oct 3 2011, 10:25 pm Raitaki Post #131

Quote from Observer12425
Brilliant, thanks. The steroid comment was for your ten-posts-worth-of-clue-interpretation-post-of-DOOM, as in "you're using steroids, ain't no one does that clean."
Don't mind it. Roy seems to do that on clueless posts every time he's Mafia.

None.

Oct 3 2011, 10:45 pm Tempz Post #132

Collapse Box
and poison I find suspicious at this point but its way to early to tell... Since Roy tried to decipher a no clue post and poison was publicly saying hes mafia in the shout box however he was most likley trolling.

http://www.staredit.net/?p=shoutbox&view=1428

Roy is cleared of suspicion due to the fact he knew it was a no clue and wanted to prove how easy a fake clue interpretation is.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Oct 3 2011, 11:30 pm by Tempz.

None.

Oct 3 2011, 10:54 pm Voyager7456 Post #133

Responsible for my own happiness? I can't even be responsible for my own breakfast

all i am is a contrary canary
but i'm crazy for you
i watched you cradling a tissue box
sneezing and sniffling, you were still a fox

Modding Resources: The Necromodicon [WIP] | Mod Night
My Projects: SCFC | ARAI | Excision [WIP] | SCFC2 [BETA] | Robots vs. Humans | Leviathan Wakes [BETA]

Oct 3 2011, 11:15 pm NudeRaider Post #134

We can't explain the universe, just describe it; and we don't know whether our theories are true, we just know they're not wrong. >Harald Lesch

I think, if anything, Roys post shows us how easy it is for cylons to direct fake clues at innocent crewmembers. It was pretty convincing, afterall. So thank you Roy.

Oct 3 2011, 11:25 pm Roy Post #135

Quote from NudeRaider
I think, if anything, Roys post shows us how easy it is for cylons to direct fake clues at innocent crewmembers. It was pretty convincing, afterall. So thank you Roy.
D'awww :wub:

Quote from Tempz
Since Roy tried to decipher a no clue post
I also pointed out that it was a no clue post.

Quote from Raitaki
Roy seems to do that on clueless posts every time he's Mafia.
That's it. You're so dead.

Oct 3 2011, 11:27 pm Tempz Post #136

Looking over your post i see i was wrong to ever doubt you... off the FOS list.

So its just Poison now (http://www.staredit.net/?p=shoutbox&view=1428)

None.

Oct 3 2011, 11:29 pm Raitaki Post #137

Quote from Roy
That's it. You're so dead.
Time to PM Devlin to leave a will saying that if I die then Roy'd be mafia-aligned.

None.

Oct 3 2011, 11:35 pm Tempz Post #138

@Rai
Why would he publicly announce the execution?

Even though unlikely it can mean hes is the vigilante or more likley than not just trying to anger you; even though there is a chance he is mafia there should only be 2 mafia hitman making the odds about 1/10. Even if you die rai it could be a mafia hitman trying to make roy look guilty. In any case saying I'm going to kill you is a blunder or a great mind game.

None.

Oct 3 2011, 11:38 pm Raitaki Post #139

Quote from Tempz
just trying to anger you
People actually do get angry on the interwebz? :hotshiet:

None.

Oct 3 2011, 11:47 pm lil-Inferno Post #140

Just here for the pie

Quote from Tempz
@Rai
Why would he publicly announce the execution?

Even though unlikely it can mean hes is the vigilante or more likley than not just trying to anger you; even though there is a chance he is mafia there should only be 2 mafia hitman making the odds about 1/10. Even if you die rai it could be a mafia hitman trying to make roy look guilty. In any case saying I'm going to kill you is a blunder or a great mind game.
Or a really, really obvious troll.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 5 6 7 8 937 >
  Back to forum