Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 Terrain > Topic: Terrain Wanted
Terrain Wanted
Sep 17 2011, 9:40 pm
By: Moose  

Jan 1 2012, 11:26 pm Moose Post #21

We live in a society.

Quote from Tempz
give me til sunday or monday... although it won't be decorated with doodads other than the grey turbine thing to mark cities/capital cities

Edit : I'm done the basic outline... now i just need to make it look more pretty with extended terrain
Edit 2: For a civ map it has a ton of extended terrain... now i need to work on it via balance perspective
Take your time... you've probably made more progress than I have. If you're curious as to what that was:

Again, thank you. Balancing is going to be tricky... don't let it stand in the way of progress. I don't foresee any first version of the terrain being perfect.

BTW, Tempz, are you an avid Civilization map player?

Jan 1 2012, 11:45 pm Tempz Post #22

Yes I've dabbled in Civ when i was younger... I have 3 main islands now 4 if i take out a bridge... umm how early do you get transport units so i know how many islands to put...?

None.

Jan 2 2012, 12:05 am Moose Post #23

We live in a society.

Quote from Tempz
Yes I've dabbled in Civ when i was younger... I have 3 main islands now 4 if i take out a bridge... umm how early do you get transport units so i know how many islands to put...?
Should be approximately 20 minutes game time at a minimum, though I would imagine in common practice it might take longer. I might also include a method enabling certain players to get transport earlier if they're willing to pay the price.

Jan 2 2012, 1:48 am Tempz Post #24

-I've also placed grey turbine thingies to mark where the cities are do you want them taken out or not?...
-If you want to keep them i've place little islands around the larger islands... do you want them to capturable via a supply depot built do you want them or so small that you have to lift a building over it?

None.

Jan 2 2012, 1:53 am Moose Post #25

We live in a society.

Quote from Tempz
-I've also placed grey turbine thingies to mark where the cities are do you want them taken out or not?...
-If you want to keep them i've place little islands around the larger islands... do you want them to capturable via a supply depot built do you want them or so small that you have to lift a building over it?
I would like starting locations to be marked. Whatever you use is fine, because I can change them to what I want. :) You can mark off start locations with a Nexus.

I intend on having beacons to mark ownership of a territory... when a building is built near them, they change to that player's control. Any islands should have enough space to fit a 3x2 building there.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 2 2012, 2:39 am by Mini Moose 2707.

Jan 2 2012, 4:01 am Tempz Post #26

I already marked them with a cc okay easy fix...

Do you want to see a pic of it?...

Edit: I think we start contacting via pm... I also left some room at the bottom as well...

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 2 2012, 4:12 am by Tempz.

None.

Jan 2 2012, 4:25 am Moose Post #27

We live in a society.

Quote from Tempz
I already marked them with a cc okay easy fix...

Do you want to see a pic of it?...

Edit: I think we start contacting via pm... I also left some room at the bottom as well...
Of course I'd like a picture. Feel free to PM me. :)

Jan 2 2012, 5:30 am BiOAtK Post #28

Post it! I wanna see.

None.

Jan 2 2012, 5:50 am Tempz Post #29

its just the minimap image...its also not complete yet... About 75 percent done... only problem now is balance and that some areas look a little bare.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 2 2012, 3:04 pm by Tempz.

None.

Mar 7 2012, 1:27 am WoodenFire Post #30

Remember to use correct rocky dirt placement! Don't trust random generators! If you need a small bit, use http://www.staredit.net/files/1102/ !

:D

None.

Options
  Back to forum