Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: Power Towers Offical Release
Power Towers Offical Release
Sep 4 2011, 10:16 pm
By: timecat  

Sep 4 2011, 10:16 pm timecat Post #1

Presenting a whole new TD based off of WC3 Power Towers! This map has been in developement for ~1.5 months now and is extremely detailed. It is a mazing TD where all towers require energy to attack.

What makes this different from the other 23451 TD maps?
The power transfer system alone makes this map stand out. Generators generate power and can be linked to other towers to provide them with power. Energy can be stored with capacitors for later use and chains of capacitors can be set up to hold extra energy for each wave.

Is that it?
Not at all! The amount of painstaking detail in every aspect of the game shows this wasn't just whipped out in a few days. Every tower level has its own model and every creep has a unique model. It has three different game modes, including a team mode where players work together and help each other out. All towers have varying abilities and six levels of upgrades.

Ok that sounds pretty cool. Do you have any eye candy I can check out before I go play it?
Of course! Head over to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsJehtItLlk to see the promotional video. Once you decide to give it a try in sc2, search for "Power Towers". It's the 8 player map by me.

None.

Sep 8 2011, 12:17 am Tempz Post #2

Very nice game... I remember a td similar to this except that resources were scattered around that map that can be mined.

None.

Sep 8 2011, 12:29 am Lanthanide Post #3

So it's basically this then: http://www.kongregate.com/games/CasualCollective/the-space-game

None.

Sep 15 2011, 4:49 am Centreri Post #4

Relatively ancient and inactive

Oh. Interesting. I really liked Power Towers for WCIII, I'll have to check this out.

None.

Sep 22 2011, 3:43 am LoveLess Post #5

Let me show you how to hump without making love.

I very much enjoy it and I even played with you once, just never noticed it was you. I hope to see a bigger variety of towers and I do not know why you changed the wave variety, I absolutely loved it and when it was removed, I was a bit sad.

Hope to see you find a medium everyone can enjoy.

None.

Sep 24 2011, 11:01 pm Ahli Post #6

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

Ok, I played your map the first time now.

Seems like the host selected some team defense mode. I had no clue about what was the rule or who was my defense partner. Never the less nothing came out of my spawn or walked through the checkpoints in my area... (even if I set the round to start on builder).

I was a bit lost. Another guy told me to sell my towers and build a wall, but he wasn't my teammate we figured out after that.

So it lacks some explanations and a display who your allied guy is.

In the end I would rate your map as unfinished/maybe buggy/confusing map I wouldn't enjoy playing again within the next 2 months because I had 0 clue why stuff wasn't working as I thought they would work.

So let's try it again and hopefully get the single defense mode...

edit:
second game:
Team game again! My spawn spawned units, yaay! This time I was allied with everyone (we were 3 players). The first player leaked, so everyone lost lives for that (ok, that seems to be the team game rule). After that the first player left the game and... all spawns were disabled...

SUMMARY:
Game played: 2
Count of critical bugs destroying the game: 2 (100%)
Page where I found your map in EU: page 2

My personal rating score: 0.5 of 10
- 0.5 because it had a working leader board that marked leaving player slots

Criticism:
- Why did you publish the map with a completely broken map (feature)?
- Newbie help isn't existing. You should add a message that tells the player at start that he should build a generator near a checkpoint, build some towers that deal damage and connect the generator to these towers...
- Let the spawn text tags appear longer, maybe show one for each player's checkpoints in their order, too during the first levels like "Ahli's {linebreak} Defense Checkpoint 1".
- Minor criticism: Use a custom leaderboard with dialogs because Blizzard's one is always to huge (it's just my personal hate).
- Let units as towers rotate (example how you could achieve that: unit would be a turret that is attached to an invisible unit with a footprint)

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Sep 24 2011, 11:29 pm by Ahli.

Options
  Back to forum