Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Assistance > Topic: Need Some Custom Borders For Map
Need Some Custom Borders For Map
Aug 23 2011, 1:11 am
By: TacoManStan  

Aug 23 2011, 1:11 am TacoManStan Post #1

http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/development/artist-tavern/requests/24843-looking-for-some-2d-image-stuff/

I could really use some help with this. Seismic Showdown has been in development for almost 7 months now, and I need this UI stuff done as soon as possible.

If anyone could help me out that would be great.

None.

Aug 23 2011, 2:50 am Jack Post #2

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

By border do you mean dialog borders or the game UI (game UI being the stuff around the minimap, portraits, and commandcard).

If it's dialogs I don't know how to animate them but I could give non animated ones a go.

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

Aug 23 2011, 3:14 am TacoManStan Post #3

Awesome, thank you!

The default UI is going to be hidden and changed. I have a team working on this, so I don't know exactly how it works. It could just be re-positioning the UI, but I don't think so. I think it is just hiding the default UI and making a dialog look like it is the UI.

However, I did get an idea. 3D images can be placed in dialogs in the form of portraits. It seems possible that a 3D image of a border could be made, and then set as the portrait of an actor. Then the default border could be hidden, showing only this 3D model, which looks like the border.

Hmm, I'm going to ask around and see if that is possible.

As for the 2D borders, send me a PM and we can talk more?

None.

Options
  Back to forum