Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Theory and Ideas > Topic: [EUD] A Mapmaker's Guide for Creating EUDs
[EUD] A Mapmaker's Guide for Creating EUDs
Aug 14 2011, 8:00 pm
By: Roy
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4

Feb 7 2013, 11:25 pm Roy Post #61

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

To convert an EPD to an EUD, use these formulas:

EUDPlayer = (EPD % 12) + 1
EUDUnitID = EPD / 12

To enter an EUD into SCMDraft's Deaths condition, enter the EUDPlayer as the player and EUDUnitID as the unit. To enter a numerical value into the unit field, type it in the following format:

ID:1234

Where "1234" is your number. Note that SCMDraft will change this to "UnitID:1234" if you entered the value correctly and it doesn't belong to a preset (i.e., if you enter ID:0, it would change it to Terran Marine, since that unit's Unit Type ID is 0).

If you have the Memory condition available, however, I'd just use that, as you only have to bother with one number that way.

Aug 4 2013, 12:27 pm Wormer Post #62

A small clarification. Set Deaths actually is not a fully local action. I had problems with this in the past and it seems like deaths are getting synchronized on some unknown event or just over time. And I want to assure you it wasn't an execution of global action relying on local deaths data.

Some.

Aug 8 2013, 5:34 pm jjf28 Post #63

Cartography Artisan

that would explain why more than one person sometimes desync'd with my drop banners...

TheNitesWhoSay - Clan Aura - github

Reached the top of StarCraft theory crafting 2:12 AM CST, August 2nd, 2014.

Aug 8 2013, 10:41 pm Kaias Post #64

Quote from Wormer
A small clarification. Set Deaths actually is not a fully local action. I had problems with this in the past and it seems like deaths are getting synchronized on some unknown event or just over time. And I want to assure you it wasn't an execution of global action relying on local deaths data.
Was it randomizing a switch? This should be considered a "global action" as the client's "randomization engine" becomes misaligned (which will inevitably cause a global desync).

None.

Aug 9 2013, 8:25 pm Wormer Post #65

Kaias, that's interesting. I should check the map. Will update this post when I find it.

UPDATE:
I have several versions of the map. It's hard to tell now which version was suffering this occasional drops, but I guess that the last version doesn't contain switches randomization based on local conditions. I should look more carfully into previous versions.

Post has been edited 3 time(s), last time on Aug 10 2013, 10:45 pm by Wormer.

Some.

Mar 26 2018, 1:10 am Lanthanide Post #66

Now that SCR supports EUDs natively, there are tools being made that make EUD editing much easier.

The pre-eminent one is EUD Editor V2, available from this thread: http://www.staredit.net/topic/17572/

It operates in a different manner than doing triggers with EUD actions in them, instead it has an Inject To Map feature where, using EUDDraft, it stores your EUD changes as units.dat, weapons.dat, sounds.dat etc edits inside the scenario.chk file, and then implements some sophisticated EUD action triggers that read the content into SC's memory at run-time.

Using such tools makes EUD editing really painless and is the way to go, but there are still a lot of EUD actions that are not supported by EUD Editor (and perhaps may never be), and so for those, the content in this thread is still hugely relevant as you'll need to implement the EUD actions yourself by hand.

None.

Apr 26 2020, 10:21 pm proeras Post #67

https://web.archive.org/web/20150802223410/http://www.staredit.net/topic/14226/

thread with photos for anyone looking!

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 2 3 4
  Back to forum