Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 General Discussion > Topic: Official Info On HotS So Far!
Official Info On HotS So Far!
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
Jun 1 2011, 12:16 am
By: iCCup.xboi209  

Jun 1 2011, 12:16 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #1

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-preview/story

Kerrigan:
The former Queen of Blades has lost her powers, and without her guidance, the zerg Swarm is in disarray. Kerrigan must find a way to restore her strength and regain control of the Swarm.

Izsha:
In earlier times, the Queen of Blades stored her thoughts and plans in the zerg creature called Izsha. Now the creature serves as an advisor and a source of information to Sarah Kerrigan.

ABATHUR:
A one-of-a-kind zerg creature, cobbled together from different genetics, Abathur is a genius at manipulating DNA and mutagen to modify the Swarm.

ZA’GARA:
A very intelligent type of queen known as a Brood Mother, Za'gara seeks to take over the Swarm in the absence of the Queen of Blades.

CHAR: Kerrigan returns to Char determined to reunite the Swarm under her control. Before her defeat, the Queen of Blades hid caches of eggs on the planet; gathering these eggs and returning them to the spawning pools to hatch will allow Kerrigan to quickly grow her numbers. There is, of course, a catch: one of the rogue queens is collecting Kerrigan’s unhatched eggs as well and spawning them as her own. The only way to ensure Kerrigan’s victory is to hatch as many eggs as possible and to use superior numbers to subdue the rogue queen.

KALDIR: The zerg are able to infest almost any world they encounter, a testament to their amazing ability to adapt to the universe's most extreme environments. The planet Kaldir is one such environment. Its extreme cold and frequent flash freezes make this one of the most inhospitable worlds in the Koprulu sector... which is exactly what sparked the Queen of Blades’ interest in Kaldir. Hoping to make the Swarm stronger by evolving a way to deal with extreme cold, she sent a brood to infest Kaldir. However, the brood never reunited with the Swarm.

Gameplay: Harder, better, faster, stronger(I know dude, that sounds wrong, who is writing that?): the Swarm never stops evolving, and in Heart of the Swarm, you decide how the zerg develop. Between missions, you'll be able to mutate your different zerg species. If you unlock enough mutations for a species, you can evolve that species into one of two different strains. For example, one zergling strain might evolve the ability to hatch more zerglings from the same egg, while the other could produce zerglings that can make short leaps forward to close into melee distance more quickly.

VIDEOS:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/media/videos/?view&keywords=heart-of-the-swarm#/heart-of-the-swarm-teaser ---LEAKED TRAILER IS REAL
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/media/videos/?view&keywords=heart-of-the-swarm#/heart-of-the-swarm-gameplay -----GAMEPLAY

SCREENSHOTS:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/media/screenshots/?keywords=heart-of-the-swarm

FAQ:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-preview/faq

Side notes:
-Sarah is not fully back to human
-A good chunk of the story will be in an icy planet(it's probably where Sarah will hide just like Jim Raynor in his Hyperion)
-Kerrigan seems to be attacking other Zerg and encounters protoss

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jun 1 2011, 12:29 am by xboi209.

None.

Jun 1 2011, 1:28 am UnholyUrine Post #2

I've always wondered what they'd use to replace those cerebretes from SC1..

From one standpoint, it's understandable to sort of humanize the advisors, since they have keep up with the point-and-click-adventure'esque single player from the first installment.
But, from my perspective, it lacks creativity. I was looking forward to talking to Zerg units like Dr. Dolittle.. I mean, if they wanted us to feel compassion towards the zerg, which we're supposed to "free" at the end of the campaign, it'd be more endearing if we can talk to them. Even if it's just pants and grunts, with the text all being subtitles, it'd be way more compelling...

None.

Options
  Back to forum