Staredit Network > Forums > SC1 UMS Mapmaking Assistance > Topic: How do you implement anit-hacks
How do you implement anit-hacks
May 24 2011, 9:45 pm
By: m.0.n.3.y  

May 31 2011, 11:01 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #21

Should I pm him the triggers so he can be happy and wave it around to his friends and act like he's the king?

None.

May 31 2011, 11:15 pm DevliN Post #22

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Now you're pushing it. I was defending you giving you the benefit of the doubt, but that last post is really uncalled for. I don't think Wormer had malicious intentions with his suggestion to PM Heiner, and Heiner is a well-respected member on SEN and most likely wouldn't spread the triggers "to his friends and act like he's the king." :facepalm:

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 31 2011, 11:15 pm CecilSunkure Post #23

Quote from name:xboi209
Should I pm him the triggers so he can be happy and wave it around to his friends and act like he's the king?
People can create an EUD condition to see whether the hack is there or not. I remember a short while ago a couple members were doing this while Zynastor kept creating patches to circumvent them. But if you don't want them public why are you even posting right now?

None.

May 31 2011, 11:26 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #24

Quote from DevliN
Now you're pushing it. I was defending you giving you the benefit of the doubt, but that last post is really uncalled for. I don't think Wormer had malicious intentions with his suggestion to PM Heiner, and Heiner is a well-respected member on SEN and most likely wouldn't spread the triggers "to his friends and act like he's the king." :facepalm:
I meant pming Wormer, not Heinermann

Quote from CecilSunkure
People can create an EUD condition to see whether the hack is there or not. I remember a short while ago a couple members were doing this while Zynastor kept creating patches to circumvent them. But if you don't want them public why are you even posting right now?
I'm not saying that I don't want them public, I'm just asking if I should make it public or not. I did try using EUD conditions though but I failed at it.

None.

May 31 2011, 11:36 pm CecilSunkure Post #25

I see. I suggest making it public, unless you want it kept to yourself. I personally would be pretty interested in learning how you did it.

None.

May 31 2011, 11:45 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #26

The AH isn't entirely mines though, I got the skeleton from some Laser Tag map. I used the triggers from this one Laser Tag map but it didn't work for whatever reason but ya, I recreated it. I simply knew it involved a dragoon and disabling it so I made a post about it here: http://www.staredit.net/topic/13699/
Attachment includes a .txt of the triggers so you can insert it in Trigedit, a .trg file of the triggers so you can load it in Staredit, and a map with the triggers in it, ready to be tested all for you!

Attachments:
AH.zip
Hits: 2 Size: 40.89kb

None.

May 31 2011, 11:55 pm DevliN Post #27

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I was under the impression that making a maphacker look at a disabled unit that crashes SC no longer worked. This method has been around for a long time.

My Overwatch addiction.

Jun 1 2011, 12:01 am iCCup.xboi209 Post #28

Ya but if you read the topic I posted earlier, I said that a marine crashes the entire game when the list says the terran marine will cloak with animation. So I think it's a different type of disabling doodad state?

None.

Jun 1 2011, 2:22 am Roy Post #29

An artist's depiction of an Extended Unit Death

Quote from DevliN
I meant pming Wormer, not Heinermann
Wormer is also a respected member on SEN; he is just more outspoken.

Ya but if you read the topic I posted earlier, I said that a marine crashes the entire game when the list says the terran marine will cloak with animation. So I think it's a different type of disabling doodad state?
I think your knowledge on doodad states is a tad underdeveloped. The trigger was originally made (presumably) for performing operations on specific doodads (i.e. raising and lowering doors). However, this trigger could be used on any specified unit, albeit an unintended action. As a result, performing a doodad state on units causes unusual and oftentimes unstable results.

You were misinformed in believing a marine crashes a game when disabled. The Marine will do an animation and cloak while in a disabled state, and it is quite stable. (If you try to enable the Marine, however, it will make the unit show an invalid frame, which will crash upon viewing).

The game crashes when using doodad states when it makes the unit use an invalid frame. Many, many units have invalid frames when they are disabled, and also have invalid frames when you re-enable them. This is why when doing the "Disable-Enable" trick to cloak units, you must order the unit to move after performing the effects. Ordering units to move in a direction will set their sprite frame to a valid one in some cases, which will allow the unit to be viewed and not crash the game.

The hackers' response to this form of anti-hack is to inject a patch that prevents StarCraft from crashing upon viewing an illegal frame. Zynastor has pulled all the stops in doing this as well, as he has protected against doodads, units, portraits, etc.

This is a very non-technical explanation of how doodad state works.

Jun 1 2011, 2:45 am Decency Post #30

There's no good way.

One way is to read the text written by the maphack as it does something by looking at the buffers. If it matches whatever the hack text is, set a switch to display message and drop the player.

If nothing else, it creates a back and forth. This isn't a fight that you can win, though.

None.

Jun 1 2011, 4:21 am Heinermann Post #31

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Don't PM me about map hacks, because I don't actually care about something so unoriginal.

Jun 1 2011, 10:58 am Wormer Post #32

Quote from Heinermann
Don't PM me about map hacks, because I don't actually care about something so unoriginal.
LoL. Heinermann, you was just the first person who posted before this post.

xboi209, I apologize for being harsh. But then again, it turned out like I thought. :ermm:

Quote from Roy
The game crashes when using doodad states when it makes the unit use an invalid frame. Many, many units have invalid frames when they are disabled, and also have invalid frames when you re-enable them. This is why when doing the "Disable-Enable" trick to cloak units, you must order the unit to move after performing the effects. Ordering units to move in a direction will set their sprite frame to a valid one in some cases, which will allow the unit to be viewed and not crash the game.
This was an informative piece of information. I always wondered what makes the game crash when you enable-disable units. However, these effects may also vary by OS and the other random factors. For example, I've recently found out broodling unit sprite (yes this is sprite though), when disabledenabled, causes crash but only on Macs and only when it's the first game after you start the SC.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jun 1 2011, 12:59 pm by Wormer.

Some.

Jun 1 2011, 8:02 pm Apos Post #33

I order you to forgive yourself!

Can my anti-map hack work for your case? AFAIK, Zynastor told me it would be hard to patch (From what I can understand, it's impossible to patch.) since it doesn't use EUDs the same way other anti-hack works.

Explanation here!

Jun 1 2011, 8:48 pm Wormer Post #34

Apos, now you're talking!
Maybe it will even work for m.0.n.3.y. Though maybe he doesn't need to cover all the map with Starports, but only the selected areas.

Some.

Jun 1 2011, 8:53 pm Apos Post #35

In that case, here is the map file: Apos' Marine Rush

Note: If I keep it uploaded there, it will only be available for a few months. I'll have to find a better host. done

Also, if this way was to be patched, it would still cause a desynchronization for the hackers.

Edit: This is a direct link. I'll leave the other download link in case this is not a good host. (I think it may go down sometimes.)

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jun 1 2011, 9:45 pm by Apos.

Jun 1 2011, 10:23 pm m.0.n.3.y Post #36

Very interesting stuff this last few posts! :wtfawesome:
So now what do you guys think? Is it worth my time/effort to try to implement xboi209's method, or even Apos's method? Since i really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to map hacks :/

None.

Jun 1 2011, 10:36 pm DevliN Post #37

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Is it worth my time/effort to try to implement xboi209's method
No, this method doesn't work against maphackers anymore, and will have no affect on any other hack that isn't a maphack.

My Overwatch addiction.

Jun 1 2011, 10:58 pm Apos Post #38

Depending on your map, you could consider implementing my method. If all you care is to stop a map hack, it will do the job in an overkill way. Also, the effect of the added speed may make your map even better, you'll have to adjust a few things, that's for sure though but the concept is straight forward.
empty
  • Start a new map with the same settings as your current map.
  • Choose a terran building that can lift and keep it for the anti map hack, don't use it anywhere. (Of course, you can add an additional EUD that detects the player ID of the selected unit, doing so will allow you to make sure the anti map hack only fires upon selection of units of a certain type and of a certain player.)
  • Place lifted buildings (Chosen in the above step.) where you want to hide the map. (Placing them in a way so that there is always 1 of those buildings visible anywhere in the screen allows you to make sure no oblivion users can play your map with the map hack on.)
  • Place the map revealer (You can also use a scarab. I use the map revealer so no one can see them right away when they open the map on the editor.).
  • Copy everything from your old map to the new one.
  • Copy the triggers from the example map. (There may be a few adjustments to make.)

Note: There may be a few things I have forgotten.

Jun 1 2011, 11:13 pm iCCup.xboi209 Post #39

Hey Apos, you said that you placed a p15 map revealer to make a building invisible. Does the building have to be preplaced?

None.

Jun 1 2011, 11:31 pm Apos Post #40

Hey Apos, you said that you placed a p15 map revealer to make a building invisible. Does the building have to be preplaced?
All the buildings that will serve the anti hack have to be placed before the map revealer. (They end up frozen and invisible. Even the zerg's buildings animation end up frozen.)

Options
  Back to forum