Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: How SD (and LD) work.
How SD (and LD) work.
May 20 2011, 4:34 am
By: dumbducky
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

May 21 2011, 5:15 am CecilSunkure Post #41

Cent a lot of terms are extremely subjective. For instance over at TL everyone is disagreeing on what it means to be a Pro SC2 player. Thing is is that the actual definition of professional doesn't suit the way we all use it for the SC2 scene, so yeah. You can't really blanket it with "stupid people need definitions".

None.

May 21 2011, 5:27 am IskatuMesk Post #42

Lord of the Locker Room

Whenever I want a laugh I take a pass through SD. It's almost as good as some of the TL Girl blogs.

Show them your butt, and when you do, slap it so it creates a sound akin to a chorus of screaming spider monkeys flogging a chime with cacti. Only then can you find your destiny at the tip of the shaft.

May 21 2011, 6:44 am dumbducky Post #43

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from dumbducky
I want everyone to go read Will's latest post in the "Targeting Christianity" thread. That's what an SD quality post right there. Notice specifically that he didn't refer to a dictionary at any point.

Quote from CaptainWill
I thought a Bolshevik would be an atheist. :sly:

:ermm:
Well, his last long post that was good.

tits

May 21 2011, 7:16 am Decency Post #44

Quote from CecilSunkure
Cent a lot of terms are extremely subjective. For instance over at TL everyone is disagreeing on what it means to be a Pro SC2 player. Thing is is that the actual definition of professional doesn't suit the way we all use it for the SC2 scene, so yeah. You can't really blanket it with "stupid people need definitions".

Stupid people need definitions. Professionals are paid to do something. End of discussion. This is likewise true in basically any serious discussion I've ever been in: the only people who need clarification are the people who don't understand the intricacies of the conversation to begin with.

None.

May 21 2011, 7:55 am CecilSunkure Post #45

Quote from name:FaZ-
Quote from CecilSunkure

Stupid people need definitions. Professionals are paid to do something. End of discussion. This is likewise true in basically any serious discussion I've ever been in: the only people who need clarification are the people who don't understand the intricacies of the conversation to begin with.
Right, because your opinion overrules everyone elses'.

None.

May 21 2011, 1:20 pm Decency Post #46

Quote from CecilSunkure

It's neither "mine" nor an "opinion". Words have definitions, that is the meaning of professional in the context of competition.

None.

May 21 2011, 1:30 pm Fire_Kame Post #47

wth is starcraft

Quote from CecilSunkure

It's neither "mine" nor an "opinion". Words have definitions, that is the meaning of professional in the context of competition.
...and so it begins.

May 21 2011, 1:58 pm Neki Post #48

But then we have people like Zany who manipulate definitions in order to support his arguments, good times. SD is quite the spectacle sometimes, that's why I'll always belong to the Games forum!

None.

May 21 2011, 2:06 pm Riney Post #49

Thigh high affectionado

You all could be smart like me and stay the fuck away from SD and LD as they are in fact a biased waste of time and pointless arguments only strung together to extend ones ego further than already was.

That way troll threads dont have to be made in Null, and further the cause of SEN going down a proverbial toilet into the god knows where aftermath of being flushed several times because all the shit on here wont fit in one go.

Oh wait this is Null :awesome:

I couldn't resist making a selfishly pointless point to further my own self interests

Riney#6948 on Discord.
Riney on Steam (Steam)
@RineyCat on Twitter

-- Updated as of December 2021 --

May 21 2011, 4:15 pm dumbducky Post #50

Quote from Fire_Kame
Quote from CecilSunkure

...and so it begins.
We'll need at least two dictionaries to continue on.

tits

May 21 2011, 6:32 pm Vrael Post #51

Quote from CecilSunkure

And so do you show that you don't understand the intricacies of the conversation and prove yourself correct... sadly.

Exactly why only Moose Jaff and Jabok should be allowed to post there. One of many reasons.

Edit:
I'd give CaptainWill a probationary trial period.

None.

May 21 2011, 6:39 pm Moose Post #52

We live in a society.

Quote from Vrael
Exactly why only Moose Jaff and Jabok should be allowed to post there. One of many reasons.
But I'm smart enough not to post in SD. :P

May 21 2011, 7:39 pm Decency Post #53

Quote from Vrael
Quote from CecilSunkure

And so do you show that you don't understand the intricacies of the conversation and prove yourself correct... sadly.

Edit:
I'd give CaptainWill a probationary trial period.

I should clarify my previous as people who need things defined- definitions are important. You're welcome to check any dictionary you'd like as to the meaning of professional in competition, here's a few:

1.) taking part for money in an activity (as sport) that others do for pleasure
2.) following an occupation as a means of livelihood or for gain
3.) describes someone who does a job that people usually do as a hobby
4.) participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs
5.) Engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime
6.) earning one's living from an activity, such as a sport, not normally thought of as an occupation

It's really not ambiguous, but I'm sure even something like that would never be conceded. That's half the problem with the SD forum here, I don't think I've seen anyone except myself ever acknowledge when good points are made by the opposition. Among SD forums I've used, it's among if not the worst of the bunch.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 21 2011, 7:44 pm by FaZ-.

None.

May 21 2011, 7:47 pm Vrael Post #54

I don't think I've seen anyone except myself ever
Another big problem with SD. No one has their eyes open. Metaphorically speaking.

None.

May 21 2011, 7:52 pm Decency Post #55

Great, feel free to point out someone else doing so then, since I'm so blinded by my own ego.

None.

May 21 2011, 7:54 pm Vrael Post #56

Great, feel free to point out someone else doing so then, since I'm so blinded by my own ego.
Only JaFF, JaBoK and Moose do. After CaptainWill's evaluation period I'll let you know if he does too.

Edit:
Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't saying you're not the only one that does acknowledge others points. I'm saying you're included in the group that doesn't.

None.

May 21 2011, 8:09 pm Fire_Kame Post #57

wth is starcraft

Why am I not on the list. :(

May 21 2011, 8:10 pm Decency Post #58

Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't saying you're not the only one that does acknowledge others points. I'm saying you're included in the group that doesn't.

With the double negative, that says the opposite of the weak insult you just attempted to make- as if I cared about your opinion of me to begin with.

None.

May 21 2011, 8:16 pm Vrael Post #59

Quote from Fire_Kame
Why am I not on the list. :(
Because your avatar says "I am a turtle".

With the double negative, that says the opposite of the weak insult you just attempted to make- as if I cared about your opinion to begin with.
Clearly you do if you took the time to respond. Let me remove the double negative for you, that is my bad, I was attempting to clarify and only jarbled the situation up even more: You are not capable of Serious Discussion.

None.

May 21 2011, 8:35 pm Decency Post #60

I actually don't, I'd just rather not let something like that stand without rebuttal.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 24 2011, 4:30 am by DevliN. Reason: Removed flame.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum