Staredit Network > Forums > Null > Topic: How SD (and LD) work.
How SD (and LD) work.
May 20 2011, 4:34 am
By: dumbducky
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >

May 20 2011, 4:32 pm Centreri Post #21

Relatively ancient and inactive

Quote from ClansAreForGays
Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from Oh_Man
Yet you constantly argue the theist side and you don't accept evolution. Perhaps you are a pseudo-theist?
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
-Aristotle
No one plays Devil's Advocate, it's just convenient for them when they're proven wrong.
-Wittgenstein
:lol:

Anyway, yeah. Everyone except me is why SEN can't have nice things. :teach:

None.

May 20 2011, 5:49 pm Sacrieur Post #22

Still Napping

Quote from Mini Moose 2707
Quote from Oh_Man
Yet you constantly argue the theist side and you don't accept evolution. Perhaps you are a pseudo-theist?
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
-Aristotle
No one plays Devil's Advocate, it's just convenient for them when they're proven wrong.
-Wittgenstein
A witty saying proves nothing.
- Voltaire

None.

May 20 2011, 5:55 pm Vrael Post #23

This is how SD works:

No one besides Mini Moose, JaFF and JaBoK are to be taken seriously. Everyone else should not bother posting. Simply put, you're not worthy. Course, I broke my own rule yesterday in replying to Jack. But at least I know what a piece of shit I am, and had previously made the effort to comply with it by getting myself banned.

This is how LD works:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL serious serious LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

None.

May 20 2011, 6:04 pm Tempz Post #24

I'm finding this more of a troll topic more than anything XD

None.

May 20 2011, 6:14 pm DevliN Post #25

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

Quote from Vrael
This is how SD works:

No one besides Mini Moose, JaFF and JaBoK are to be taken seriously. Everyone else should not bother posting. Simply put, you're not worthy. Course, I broke my own rule yesterday in replying to Jack. But at least I know what a piece of shit I am, and had previously made the effort to comply with it by getting myself banned.

This is how LD works:
Aww... :(

Quote from Tempz
I'm finding this more of a troll topic more than anything XD
"Spam" maybe, but not really trolling.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 20 2011, 6:24 pm Vrael Post #26

You don't post in SD anyway Devlin, :P

None.

May 20 2011, 6:55 pm Fire_Kame Post #27

wth is starcraft

Quote from Vrael
This is how SD works:

This is how LD works:

more like

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL serious serious LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL medical abnormality LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

May 20 2011, 7:03 pm CecilSunkure Post #28

Quote from Vrael
This is how SD works:

This is how LD works:
Centreri #2.

Anyways, most people on SD argue for the side they believe in. Most people believe in atheistic or evolutionary views around here. I try to promote discussion of all major viewpoints, and try to keep people from ruling things out without fair consideration and actively try to resist over-representation of a single side.

None.

May 20 2011, 9:52 pm Centreri Post #29

Sounds like a fancy justification for trolling them, Cecil.

And, yes, Vrael IS getting to be like me! More and more every day!

None.

May 20 2011, 9:58 pm DevliN Post #30

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I don't see playing devil's advocate as equivalent to trolling, especially if brought up to spark legitimate discussion. It is okay to understand a point of view by looking at it from an opposing perspective (which is often how I look at things generally), and in our SD or LD topics, I see no issue with bringing up a point of view from the opposing side to clarify a point or better discuss a topic. If someone is doing it to deliberately incite people (which is what I consider to be "trolling" most of the time), then that is different. That's just someone being an asshole to be an asshole. There is a clear difference to me.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 20 2011, 10:57 pm Tempz Post #31

This topic makes me feel like this guy :O

Well i post in both sd and ld and sd is just more straight talks while ld is more a regular conversation like irl.

None.

May 20 2011, 11:07 pm ClansAreForGays Post #32

Quote from DevliN
I don't see playing devil's advocate as equivalent to trolling, especially if brought up to spark legitimate discussion.
But that's all he does though. You're doing more than entertaining a thought when that's litterally the only side you've represented throughout the whole discussion.

Also, don't insult Vrael by comparing him to Cent. Vrael almost always has a coherent and fresh point of view on things, and I never "tl;dr" his posts. Cent has become predictable.

May 21 2011, 12:05 am CecilSunkure Post #33

Quote from DevliN
I don't see playing devil's advocate as equivalent to trolling, especially if brought up to spark legitimate discussion.
But that's all he does though. You're doing more than entertaining a thought when that's litterally the only side you've represented throughout the whole discussion.

Also, don't insult Vrael by comparing him to Cent. Vrael almost always has a coherent and fresh point of view on things, and I never "tl;dr" his posts. Cent has become predictable.
Aka you don't like Cent or I as much as you like Vrael? I don't know why honestly think the way you do about me moderating, other than I delete your spammy posts.

None.

May 21 2011, 12:25 am Phobos Post #34

Are you sure about that?

...I thought this thread was something like "Soft Definition" and "Low Definition" work or something like that...

this is signature

May 21 2011, 12:56 am TiKels Post #35

Quote from Fire_Kame
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL serious serious LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL medical abnormality LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

:massimo:

Quote from CecilSunkure
I'm not a theist you narpulectic gogastrapetor.
You just made that shit fucking up haha

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 21 2011, 3:50 am ClansAreForGays Post #36

Quote from CecilSunkure
Quote from DevliN

Aka you don't like Cent or I as much as you like Vrael? I don't know why honestly think the way you do about me moderating, other than I delete your spammy posts.
No need to get defensive, I'm not trying to usurp your lonely throne. If you read what I said, I just said I'm unaccustomed to the change. Never said it was bad, or you were a bad moderator.

Other people did, though. I wasn't expecting everyone to agree with me and take it a step further.

I guess if one atheist says something, you just lump us all together and consider we all said it. :( Now that might be something worth complaining about.

May 21 2011, 3:57 am dumbducky Post #37

I want everyone to go read Will's latest post in the "Targeting Christianity" thread. That's what an SD quality post right there. Notice specifically that he didn't refer to a dictionary at any point.

tits

May 21 2011, 3:59 am Fire_Kame Post #38

wth is starcraft

Quote from dumbducky
I want everyone to go read Will's latest post in the "Targeting Christianity" thread. That's what an SD quality post right there. Notice specifically that he didn't refer to a dictionary at any point.

Quote from CaptainWill
I thought a Bolshevik would be an atheist. :sly:

:ermm:

May 21 2011, 5:03 am CecilSunkure Post #39

Quote from dumbducky
Lol, it's usually really necessary to define things so that everyone understand the same meaning of stuff.

None.

May 21 2011, 5:04 am Centreri Post #40

Only if someone is stupid enough to enter a discussion without understanding the meaning of a key concept. In which case they're not worth arguing against and should be ignored. If you're going to be defining basic words during a discussion, you're doing it wrong.

None.

Options
Pages: < 1 2 3 4 >
  Back to forum