TERRARIA
May 14 2011, 9:23 pm
By: MadZombie
Pages: < 1 « 31 32 33 34 3536 >

Dec 31 2011, 3:09 am Dem0n Post #641

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

D:! I don't want Santy Claus to go away! :(

Jan 12 2012, 3:36 am The Starport Post #642

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/art-feature-comic-magically-delicious.75652/

Edit: We need to do a proper team pvp game.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Jan 12 2012, 10:12 am by Tuxedo-Templar.

None.

Jan 16 2012, 7:11 pm ShadowFlare Post #643

I found out the decompiler I was using was crashing due to a stack overflow when decompiling a function, so I used editbin to increase the reserve stack size for it and got it to successfully decompile (though there is one other function elsewhere that I have to use ILSpy on now, but not due to a crash this time).

Anyway, I've got my server mods back up, which means messages between worlds are back up, among other things.

btw, I brought Santa back to life.

My modded exes, for those interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?2vaj8fqa4gbmr

edit:
My Terraria mod should now use less memory than regular Terraria on worlds smaller than large. There is no arbitrary limit on world sizes anymore either, only memory limits and whether the generator will crash for the size you specify. Note that larger worlds than large will work to some extent on unmodified clients, but they will crash if they go too far to the right or too deep.

The mod also has a -xmas command-line parameter on the server (useful especially before generating worlds if you want guaranteed snow) and an alwaysxmas command to enable Santa and presents.

Post has been edited 4 time(s), last time on Jan 17 2012, 12:06 pm by ShadowFlare.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 7:27 pm ShadowFlare Post #644

I just had an idea for a server-assisted custom PvP game mode. It consists of two teams who each spawn on opposite ends of the map and get their own slime in their team color. The object of the game is to kill the other team's slime (the slime will probably have health more like a boss and might fire projectiles at enemies or in some way hurt anyone who attacks it). When a slime gets killed, everyone who is on their enemy's side of the map dies to get sent back to their own side and the slime respawns. This could be played with any character type - it wouldn't have to be mediumcore or hardcore.

This would probably use my PvP server mod as a base. The server would shift everything on the right side to the left and everything on the left side to the right, effectively moving the center point to the edges and the edges to the center, making an ocean barrier in the middle and a normal area at the edges. The server would determine which side to send you to based on your name. For example, anyone with red in their name might spawn on the left side and anyone with blue in their name would spawn on the other side (which side belongs to which team would be randomized). Either you won't be able to use beds on your enemy's side or you won't be able to place them on your enemy's side, depending on whether I can enforce the former option server-side.

Post your comments or suggestions on this.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 7:41 pm The Starport Post #645

Well, a few things:
  1. Making it include the whole map makes the scope of the game very large. I wouldn't have the patience for crossing even a small-sized map more than a few times to launch an attack.
  2. First team to get to demonite gear will basically begin to dominate. Turns out I may be pretty good at that... especially with a softcore character. :awesome:
  3. Speaking of softcore: This basically becomes unfair for the attacking team when the defenders can just respawn without (much) penalty. There's a reason most team pvp matches are medium/hard core.
  4. Are matches in sessions? Or does it run continuously?

I think with a few tweaks, it could be good. You could probably just stick with the usual Capture the Gem format by eliminating all relevant gem types from the world completely via. editor.

None.

Jan 17 2012, 7:54 pm ShadowFlare Post #646

Actually, it might be possible to assign starting locations by just joining a team and not having to even rejoin. It looks like the client would probably accept that message any time, not just initially when joining. I might look into whether the server can send a message to move a player, but simply killing the player when they pick a team will suffice. Being able to dynamically assign teams would mean being able to play games on this mode with characters who already have full gear.

edit:
And just when I got my mods updated, a new update comes along...

edit2:
ok, all updated. 1.1.2 compatible mod now up on the Mediafire link above for anyone interested.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on Jan 18 2012, 4:52 am by ShadowFlare.

None.

Mar 15 2012, 4:07 am The Starport Post #647

And for fun:

None.

Sep 11 2012, 8:33 pm UnholyUrine Post #648

This will be a very sad necro

Terraria is getting a Console Release

It is a very bad move.... Nobody knows if there is new content. Even if it is New content, why is it not in PC?

People have pointed out how the "Collectors Edition" really only consisted of a bunny.
Now he's releasing this on Console, with nothing new to report. There is no new content.

It really is a slap to the face of the Terraria fanbase.

This guy puts it out as best as anyone could.

I'm sad :(
I really wished this game would continue to thrive.
~Unholy

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Sep 11 2012, 10:26 pm by UnholyUrine.

None.

Sep 16 2012, 3:53 am Heinermann Post #649

SDE, BWAPI owner, hacker.

Well they mention new content, but nobody knows how much content (it could be only a turd pet for all we know, and only for the console version).

I think the reason that people are unhappy comes from the fact that adding new content to the game is so ridiculously easy, but there hasn't been any new content at all for some time.

Sep 16 2012, 4:14 am Dem0n Post #650

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

It doesn't really matter. I doubt that even if they did release a new patch for the PC version that everyone would quickly run back to it. I'm pretty sure the game's been almost dead for the past few months, so it wouldn't get a massive resurgence if new content was added.

Sep 16 2012, 4:17 am TiKels Post #651

UU that video is private. Only people who are given access can watch it.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 28 2013, 7:17 pm TiKels Post #652

I laughed quite hard.

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

Mar 28 2013, 10:37 pm The Starport Post #653

And then no coins are dropped because pvp.

None.

Apr 2 2013, 9:11 am ShadowFlare Post #654

No one has mentioned it here yet, but apparently there is a 1.2 update in the works for the PC version that will supposedly be a bigger update than 1.1 (the version adding "hard mode").

None.

Apr 3 2013, 8:12 am The Starport Post #655

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/its-been-a-while-since-i-posted-a-spoiler.97577/

None.

Apr 3 2013, 12:43 pm Wing Zero Post #656

Magic box god; Suck it Corbo

Awesome! Do you know the expected release date?

Apr 3 2013, 8:30 pm MadZombie Post #657

But I mean in reality this is just to hold people over until Starbound amirite :bye1:

None.

Apr 3 2013, 8:46 pm Fire_Kame Post #658

wth is starcraft

I really don't get this game. I mean I think I could get it. I really enjoy it, which is part of the problem, but I don't do anything. I build a house and then I build a tunnel. And when I find a suitable area I attach a room to the end of that tunnel and create a connection of tunnels and box shaped rooms. What is there to actually do in this game? I enjoy building my box houses.

Apr 3 2013, 8:47 pm UnholyUrine Post #659

@Madzombie

Hahaha that remains to be seen XD.
Interesting. I was sure that the developer of terraria gave up on it...
Still, I'm kind of reserving my optimism for this.

None.

Apr 3 2013, 9:36 pm Dem0n Post #660

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote from Fire_Kame
I really don't get this game. I mean I think I could get it. I really enjoy it, which is part of the problem, but I don't do anything. I build a house and then I build a tunnel. And when I find a suitable area I attach a room to the end of that tunnel and create a connection of tunnels and box shaped rooms. What is there to actually do in this game? I enjoy building my box houses.
I enjoy making houses the most out of everything in the game, but there's so much other stuff to do. There are many bosses that you can summon by progressing throughout the game (getting strong enough to go to the Corruption and break orbs to summon the Eater of Worlds, for example). There are different armors/weapons that can take incredibly long amounts of time to get if you're doing it by yourself, which are pretty rewarding once you get them. And once you've beaten all the bosses and gotten the highest armor you can get, you can go to Hell and kill the Wall of Flesh, which unlocks Hard Mode. Hard Mode is insanely different, and there are a crazy amount of new items that you can find/craft.

It's also really fun playing with a large group of people because you can play mini-games with them, like PvP and stuff like that.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on Apr 3 2013, 10:04 pm by Dem0n.

Options
Pages: < 1 « 31 32 33 34 3536 >
  Back to forum