Staredit Network > Forums > SC2 Custom Maps > Topic: The Reward is Cheese
The Reward is Cheese
This topic is locked. You can no longer write replies here.
May 11 2011, 4:38 pm
By: Alzarath  

May 11 2011, 4:38 pm Alzarath Post #1

Praetor

Released

Post has been edited 12 time(s), last time on May 17 2011, 1:54 pm by Artanis186.

None.

May 11 2011, 4:45 pm Ahli Post #2

I do stuff and thingies... Try widening and reducing the number of small nooks and crannies to correct the problem.

What's this?
PvP pacman with cheese? ;D

What are the game modes?
-no enemies
-with enemies ?

May 11 2011, 7:52 pm Alzarath Post #3

Praetor

Quote from Ahli
What's this?
PvP pacman with cheese? ;D

Kinda like pacman, I suppose, but nothing's actually chasing you. You don't fight the other players until later on, though.

Quote from Ahli
What are the game modes?
-no enemies
-with enemies ?

Classic (Just playing them in order of levels)
Classic Elimination (Like above, but everyone doesn't respawn each round, you just play until you all die)
Random (Basically, playing like Classic, but doing random levels instead of progressional)
Random Elimination (I'm sure you can guess)

The two randoms aren't out yet, cuz I've yet to start working on them. More trying to implement the first 15 levels at first. I may or may not end up including the random modes after release. The map has a potential of 180 levels, so it's likely I wont stop progress on it for a while after release. I'd like to show you a video of the SC1 version, but I couldn't find any on Youtube. The map's gonna be focused on shorter games, depending on the players skill.

None.

May 13 2011, 6:39 am Cam Post #4

I like how you don't even credit sdery23 with the original idea and brood war map and title.

None.

May 13 2011, 7:14 am DevliN Post #5

OVERWATCH STATUS GO

I like how you haven't posted since October 2010 and have a second account that hasn't been active since June 2010. :P

To be fair, he did say it was based on another source, and perhaps he just didn't know who the creator was. Are you the original creator?

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 13 2011, 7:23 am by DevliN.

\:devlin\: Currently Working On: \:devlin\:
My Overwatch addiction.

May 13 2011, 7:16 am Alzarath Post #6

Praetor

My bad. I simply forgot. I'll credit him when I get to a computer. (ipod's hell to do it with)

None.

May 13 2011, 2:58 pm Dem0n Post #7

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Are there any critters that look like mice? You should use those for the player units. :P

May 13 2011, 7:22 pm Alzarath Post #8

Praetor

Added credits.

Quote from name:Dem0nS1ayer
Are there any critters that look like mice? You should use those for the player units. :P

Didn't find any, but your idea eventually lead me to remembering the Feederling model, which I find a lot more similar to a mouse than a Zergling, imo.

None.

May 14 2011, 1:27 am Jack Post #9

>be faceless void >mfw I have no face

Looks like a lot of fun, I assume it'll be highly micro-based? I love maps like Dodge Defence and stuff like that so if so, I WANNA PLAY ;o

Red classic.

"In short, their absurdities are so extreme that it is painful even to quote them."

May 14 2011, 1:30 am UnholyUrine Post #10

Transformice? WTF?

None.

May 14 2011, 1:41 am Alzarath Post #11

Praetor

Quote from Jack
Looks like a lot of fun, I assume it'll be highly micro-based? I love maps like Dodge Defence and stuff like that so if so, I WANNA PLAY ;o

Ya, it'll be fairly micro based.

It's top-down, not side-scroller. The only similar gameplay is acquiring the cheese in the first place, you don't really have to return it anywhere.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 14 2011, 2:27 pm by Artanis186.

None.

May 14 2011, 5:53 pm UnholyUrine Post #12

You should look into Transformice for ideas :)
Although you've probably decided the best route for your map.

Either way, I'd play this if I ever get the chance

None.

May 14 2011, 7:12 pm TiKels Post #13

Tell me when you are releasing or when it's ready, I'd totally hop on to play this with you

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 15 2011, 3:09 pm Alzarath Post #14

Praetor

It'll probably be released sometime today. I've gotten all 15 levels functioning, now I'm just adjusting numbers and testing.

Post has been edited 1 time(s), last time on May 15 2011, 3:22 pm by Artanis186.

None.

May 15 2011, 5:56 pm TiKels Post #15

sweetness

"If a topic that clearly interest noone needs to be closed to underline the "we don't want this here" message, is up to debate."

-NudeRaider

May 16 2011, 1:53 am Alzarath Post #16

Praetor

Sorry for the time it's taking, I ran into something I had to remake some triggers for. Working on that now and afterwards, it should be good to go. I really ought to do some online testing, but I don't feel like delaying it further, so I'll just release it in its state. All the offline tests worked well, after all.

EDIT: Map released find it on Battle.net.

Post has been edited 2 time(s), last time on May 17 2011, 1:55 pm by Artanis186.

None.

Options
  Back to forum